OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
Moderator: maddog986
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
all this talk is making me thirsty.
Is it Friday yet?
Is it Friday yet?
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
The real question is is 5pm yet?
ORIGINAL: Nikademus
all this talk is making me thirsty.
Is it Friday yet?
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
ORIGINAL: denisonh
The real question is is 5pm yet?
ORIGINAL: Nikademus
all this talk is making me thirsty.
Is it Friday yet?
It was here 5 hours ago, and the Wadsworth 6X (a bitter) has been going down nicely[;)]

Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.....
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
Must be nice, it is 5pm and I am still at work.
ORIGINAL: Wolfie1
ORIGINAL: denisonh
The real question is is 5pm yet?
ORIGINAL: Nikademus
all this talk is making me thirsty.
Is it Friday yet?
It was here 5 hours ago, and the Wadsworth 6X (a bitter) has been going down nicely[;)]
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
- JudgeDredd
- Posts: 8362
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
- Location: Scotland
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
ORIGINAL: Don Bowen
For alternatives, the Australians do an excellent job with Syrah. Not up to the best of the French but, for the price, very very good. Especially the 100% syrahs, that have the forwardness and bigness of a decent North Rhone. At about $6-$7 US a bottle, I'd recommend Yellow Tail Syrah. Comes in double bottles too but you'll need either a brace of thirsty friends or a nitrogen displacement system.
Little trick my sister learned when she was working as a chemist at Lowrey's foods many years ago, if you want to keep an open bottle of wine, put a small pinch of baking soda in the bottle before putting the cork back in. It won't change the taste, but the baking soda will form a layer of CO2 right over the surfce of the wine and preserve it. We've used it for years and it works great.
Bill
WIS Development Team
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
I like Clos du Bois merlot, or a decent French Medoc or Bordeaux.
And after the last 36 hours of near disiaster here at work - I'm going to grab a bottle on the way home.
But never before 9am... I do have my priniples
And after the last 36 hours of near disiaster here at work - I'm going to grab a bottle on the way home.

But never before 9am... I do have my priniples
- pasternakski
- Posts: 5567
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
Yep, I got my priniples, too...ORIGINAL: Big B
I do have my priniples

- Attachments
-
- idrinkalone.jpg (35.17 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
- captskillet
- Posts: 2493
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 pm
- Location: Louisiana & the 2007 Nat Champ LSU Fightin' Tigers
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
Nik if the ATF wouldn't track me down I'd send you a jug o'corn squezzins.......'Cock or 'Turkey is childs play compared to this stuff [;)] and its only $25 for a gallon milk jug (at least it was 2 yrs ago when I got my ex Bro-in-law to procure me some).
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest


RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
ORIGINAL: captskillet
Nik if the ATF wouldn't track me down I'd send you a jug o'corn squezzins.......'Cock or 'Turkey is childs play compared to this stuff [;)] and its only $25 for a gallon milk jug (at least it was 2 yrs ago when I got my ex Bro-in-law to procure me some).
I have a friend who grew up in rural Alabama. Back in the early 60s as a teenager, his job was, in his words, "transporting unlicesed alcoholic beverages". He had a tank for moonshine in place of his backseat with the ability to dump it in an emergancy, which he had to do from time to time. His uncle was the local distiller.
After his parents found out about his after school job, suddenly a judge who he was sure was on his uncle's payroll convinced him that the military might be a better place for him.
Bill
WIS Development Team
- sol_invictus
- Posts: 1962
- Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Kentucky
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
Paulaner lager or Bitburger; love the German bier.
I live in the heart of Bourbon Country, but can't stand the smell of it ever since I drank 3/4 of a pint of J. W. Dant rot gut straight when I was fifteen. I have always liked Vodka, screwdriver type or White Russian. I only like German Piesporter Michelsburg in the wine department.
I live in the heart of Bourbon Country, but can't stand the smell of it ever since I drank 3/4 of a pint of J. W. Dant rot gut straight when I was fifteen. I have always liked Vodka, screwdriver type or White Russian. I only like German Piesporter Michelsburg in the wine department.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
- captskillet
- Posts: 2493
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 pm
- Location: Louisiana & the 2007 Nat Champ LSU Fightin' Tigers
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
Know what this is I guess then!!!! [:D][;)]


- Attachments
-
- BusterandhisStill.jpg (439.32 KiB) Viewed 275 times
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest


- captskillet
- Posts: 2493
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:21 pm
- Location: Louisiana & the 2007 Nat Champ LSU Fightin' Tigers
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
This is a shot of my grandpa (kneeling in front) busting the still when he was a Harrison Co. (Texas) Sheriffs Dep sometime in the early 50's.


- Attachments
-
- Papaandt..l_edited.jpg (258.19 KiB) Viewed 274 times
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest


RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
Plain, strong, black coffee for me. I'd considering joining a religion based around Coffee...
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
My own beer made from a Cascade Golden Harvest kit.
I'm partial to vodka too. And lots of other spirits. And wine... [:D]
Cheers, Neilster
I'm partial to vodka too. And lots of other spirits. And wine... [:D]
Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
I like an Ice cold AW Root Beer.
Don't have beverages with alcohol my taste buds say no good.
Don't have beverages with alcohol my taste buds say no good.
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
Greene King IPA.
Best wishes,
Best wishes,
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
-
Ursa MAior
- Posts: 1414
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:10 am
- Location: Hungary, EU
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
Barbar
A beer made with honey. No hangups!
A beer made with honey. No hangups!

Art by the amazing Dixie
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
I'm a big fan of Guinness also 
- Marc von Martial
- Posts: 5292
- Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Contact:
RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)
ORIGINAL: Arinvald
Paulaner lager or Bitburger; love the German bier.
I live in the heart of Bourbon Country, but can't stand the smell of it ever since I drank 3/4 of a pint of J. W. Dant rot gut straight when I was fifteen. I have always liked Vodka, screwdriver type or White Russian. I only like German Piesporter Michelsburg in the wine department.
If you love german beer you should stop drinking Paulaner and Bitburger [;)]










