OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Zap

when I woke the next morning I knew what I did the night before never was embarrassed by my previous nights activities.

I'm 54
Are you a virgin, too?

I'm envious. I have such fond memories of things like waking up in the morning (actually closer to noon) with an unidentified lump under my bedsheet and having to lift the corner (gingerly, of course) to identify what it was and see if I could figure out how it got there.

The worst was the one that caused me to reflect on whether it was animal, vegetable, or mineral. "Female" didn't even figure into the equation at that point.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: Zap

I used to drive my friends around after the parties. Never liked the taste of beer or hard liqour. I was the odd man out, but then when I woke the next morning I knew what I did the night before never was embarrassed by my previous nights activities.

I'm 54

I'm a little over a decade your junior, but I'm much the same way. I've never been drunk, but I've had enough to feel it and I hate the sensation. I know I'm unusual (story of my life), but I like my mental state sober more than anything else. I've never felt much of any desire to alter it with foreign substances. My regular mind state is out there far enough.

I like a good wine, but in very small measure. A partial glass is usually good enough for me. I don't drink very often either. The last time was last August.

Bill
WIS Development Team
User avatar
Zap
Posts: 3631
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:13 am
Location: LAS VEGAS TAKE A CHANCE

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by Zap »

I was a scarry character sober if I was a drinker I'm might be writing this post from a prison internet connection as opposed to from my home
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: Zap

I used to drive my friends around after the parties. Never liked the taste of beer or hard liqour. I was the odd man out, but then when I woke the next morning I knew what I did the night before never was embarrassed by my previous nights activities.

I'm 54

I admire you, man. I'm not quite 50, but I'm a rock n roller and lived the lifestyle for many years, and still drink too much. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being the odd man out and keeping your head on straight.
Image
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by KG Erwin »

What happened? Did the bar close or did everyone suddenly rush out and join AA?
Image
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

What happened? Did the bar close or did everyone suddenly rush out and join AA?
They must be busy pouring themselves a bloody beer with raw egg.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
KG Erwin
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Cross Lanes WV USA

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

What happened? Did the bar close or did everyone suddenly rush out and join AA?
They must be busy pouring themselves a bloody beer with raw egg.

[:D] Ah, breakfast of champions.
Image
User avatar
Twotribes
Posts: 6466
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Jacksonville NC
Contact:

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by Twotribes »

I quit drinking in November 1984. But when I drank my "poison" was either Tequila or Vodka.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

I quit drinking in November 1984. But when I drank my "poison" was either Tequila or Vodka.
What ... you never had a "vodquila"? Knocked you out instantly, but you woke up with the taste of Trotsky and Che Guevara in your mouth.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
junk2drive
Posts: 12856
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:27 am
Location: Arizona West Coast

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by junk2drive »

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

I quit drinking in November 1984. But when I drank my "poison" was either Tequila or Vodka.

12 years ago today.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: OT - What is your pleasure ? (drink wise)

Post by anarchyintheuk »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: Zap

when I woke the next morning I knew what I did the night before never was embarrassed by my previous nights activities.

I'm 54
Are you a virgin, too?

I'm envious. I have such fond memories of things like waking up in the morning (actually closer to noon) with an unidentified lump under my bedsheet and having to lift the corner (gingerly, of course) to identify what it was and see if I could figure out how it got there.

The worst was the one that caused me to reflect on whether it was animal, vegetable, or mineral. "Female" didn't even figure into the equation at that point.

I think you owe it to yourself to keep it within the same species.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”