o Band (that should come in handy when the Japs come ashore)
[:D] [:D] [:D] LOL!!!
i've started my own (semi)humourous AAR, but i shan't be able to match this... i'm afraid many of the jokes are Thread based, and as such won't be understood by most potential readers...
Thanks...and I'm not sure. It could be the California Amateur Skateboard League...or..more likely some kind of searchlight as it seems to be listed after the smaller AAA weapons.
******************2nd Field Artillery Regt. HQ, Wellington, June 15, 1942****************
Brigadier Sciparelli, CO, 2nd Field Artillery: Captain, I just got off the blower with Col. Trayhorn at Dunedin. It seems some US Army 3-star just showed up at Dunedin. He claims to be a "Coastwatcher". Preposterous story of course..more like a surprise readiness inspection form SouthPAC. I'd like to get the Regimental Band to Dunedin by noon tomorrow.
Captain: The entire band sir? Haven't they a proper band in Dunedin, sir?
Brigadier Sciparelli, CO, 2nd Field Artillery: No Capt., apparently not....just a bagpiper and accordianist. Trayhorn begged me not to make him use them. Leave the tuba player behind if you have to, just get them there.
Captain:I suspect the air boys will be tied up what with the Jap carriers about. Perhaps that private Clipper comapny in Auckland? I suspect they shall want a fee.
Brigadier Sciparelli, CO, 2nd Field Artillery: Use the Regimental Christmas fund if you must. Just get it done. I would love to see the look on that SOB when his secret "Coastwatcher" cover is blown
*******************SouthPAC HQ, Wellington, June 16, 1942********************
Admiral "Tabpub" King saunters into the map room at HQ, cup of coffee in his hand and a smile on his face.
OOD: Sir! <salutes> Very good to see you! We were worried, what with the abduction of officers and all.
Admiral "Tabpub" King: Blast! You mean I forgot to tell you guys? I was fly-fishing. Sublime, I tell you. Caught myself a 20-inch Brown. Sorry about the lack of notice. So, anything happen while I was gone?
Wow! A 20 inch Brown!
I can understand why Adm. TabPub King was incommunicado for a few days!
...The worst day of fishing still beats the best day of work...
"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."
General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
I can understand why Adm. TabPub King was incommunicado for a few days!
...The worst day of fishing still beats the best day of work...
Yes...NZ has some fine trout fishing. It would be hard to concentrate on the war.
Some major nail biting going on for us off NZ. We appear to be up against all his fleet carriers and one CVL. The CAP is over 100 fighters. Even worse, we have Nevada and transports with the entire 32nd ID trying for Auckland. We refuse battle with our carriers at this time, preferign to attrit his fighters with heavy bombers from Wellington. Even Yossarian goes along [:)]
*************Office of the Sec. of the Navy, Frank Knox, June 21, 1942**********
Knox: <throws down a shipbuilding report in anger> Bitterman! Get in here now! You guys told me you were going to replace Enterprise and Lexington. Damnit! This is totally FUBAR! The President is going to s*** a brick.