Been Out of Town.....3.0 Yet?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Epicurius
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Texarkana, AR

Been Out of Town.....3.0 Yet?

Post by Epicurius »

Hey guys! I have been out of town for about two weeks. Any news on 3.0? I see that the board is still hot as ever! Image

BTW - I watched Saving Private Ryan this weekend again. I had to play the Saving Private Ryan scenario again.
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

Well, the OOB fixes are taking longer than I had hoped, but the good news is that lots of improvements and fixes are being added, form improved "FOW" to more terrain types, to more "national characteristics" (good and bad - with the ability to turn them off), a new "default" morale and experience table made up in consultation with Gary Grigsby, improved penetration modeling and lots of other stuff!

We keep saying "a few more weeks" I know, but when we have a firm date we will let you know!
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

Welcome back Epicurius. Been strangely quiet since you've been gone Image

Good to have you back. Paul has answered adequately. We really want to get it as right as we can this time for you.

Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Desert Fox
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue May 09, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Ohio, that is all I can say.

Post by Desert Fox »

Speaking of oob errors, did you guys fix the formation error in the Marines where you have platoon commander squads commanding companies and company commander squads commanding platoons? That one you would probably miss, otherwise I wouldn't bring it up. It may be the squads need to be renamed or the formation needs to be fixed, I don't know which.
dox44
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun May 07, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the woodlands, texas

Post by dox44 »

We keep saying "a few more weeks" I know, but when we have a firm date we will let you know![/B][/QUOTE]

...i'm guessing 0500 hours 1Sept, wild bill will email us and tell us "we are at v.3 war..."

now go make it so!

casebier
Epicurius
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Texarkana, AR

Post by Epicurius »

I just want to take this oppurtunity to say how refreshing it is to get a reply to a post from some of the programmers themselves. You guys have customer service to a "T".

Thanks for that. I am in no hurry other than the fact that I am hoping for better arty and better HE from tanks. I just had a whole company of Shermans supported with a company of rifle squads get decimated by my PBEM opponents platoon of German rifle squads with no armor support. I take it as part of the game, but it was not like I was rushing in on them. They just kept on coming and did multiple assaults. My opponent is really rubbing it in. It just seems a little unrealistic. Maybe I am wrong. I just thought that tanks could be a little more tough against infantry in open ground.

Great to be back. I have been doing some playtesting of a new game called Terminus. It is nothing like SPWAW, but hey, its a living. Their support is nothing like you guys.

E
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”