If I didn't know better, I'd assume that you were an American politician. Why would anyone hate Norm Koger? His partner is a bit more controversial, at least among folks that have served with him in the workplace, but I've never had any dealings with the man, apart from four or five messages that I posted at the SZO forums, the last one of which reads as follows:ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
This "version #50" has been used maliciously by Koger haters and enemies with no reason whatsoever.
Pretty provocative stuff, huh Oleg?Thanks Jim.
I know that everyone appreciates the work that you are doing with the patches.
Good luck with the game,
ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
It is merely v1.050. Patch version. No big deal. Some other games use v.1.1 for the first patch, and get to 1.75 or something by the time patching is over. Matrix Games WITP is currently at 1.804 and it's *still* being developed and patched further. That for me is a sign of dedication to the game.
Koger used his (much criticised) server based method of game distribution to make patches available to users immediatelly after they were released. Traditional publisher using traditional methods of distribution would perhaps release every 5th patch, making it seem the game "needed only 2 patches".
With the above, you are in fact contradicting yourself in this regard, having previously made this comment about the game:
ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
While I agree that everything about this game except the binary code - marketing, distribution, price, patching policy, community services etc etc . - seems to be taken from some imaginary book named "How NOT to make games"...
The highlighting and bold print are mine, but the words are Oleg's and are contained in post #17 from this thread:
tm.asp?m=1452576&mpage=1&key=
But, I don't need Oleg's words to validate this criticism of Distant Guns. Some of you may be unaware of how software testing works, but the proess employed by SES as the cornerstone of their "tech support" regime, is EXACTLY what I did for years as a playtester. Oleg knows that by the way, and if he claims he doesn't, he's...being...disingenuous. [:-]
PoE









