New subforums

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

New subforums

Post by Paul Vebber »

Many folks have asked for a way to better manage the tons of posts - the new board offers a seemingly infinite nesting of sub-forums - so I've added couple for focused discussions. I don;t to add too many as part of the strength of a community is the intereaction - splitting too much dilutes this.

Note that I tried to keep AARs on the main board as they tend to be a lot of work and deserve "front-page" billing! They keep getting better and better!!! Keep it up!

The new sub-forums are found above the threads. As I get a chance I will move some of the appropriate threads there frm the last week or so to get the ball rolling. (though you folks never seem to lack for interesting things to say!)
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

Thanks Paul, I was going to suggest something like this, but you beat me too it. Thats the last ime I go to sleep, I thought I was on the wrong board when I first got here.:D
User avatar
John David
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:43 am
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Contact:

Me Too!

Post by John David »

gmenfan,

I too made a double and triple take before I figured out what was going on.:eek:

Good Idea Paul! It makes finding things easier and the site is now better organized.

I too love the AAR's, and I look forward to reading as many as I can. RayM is now in the midst of posting his about his battles in the MC WatchTower Campaign.
:cool:

John
The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

I'm not crazy about the idea of having to scan four (!) different Forums. Good concept, but not so good in practice.
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

How do you think I feel, I have to moderate all of them!:cool:
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

Originally posted by gmenfan
How do you think I feel, I have to moderate all of them!:cool:
I know you're a glutton for punishment, so I figure you love it. :D :D
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
User avatar
Goblin
Posts: 5418
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:57 pm
Location: Erie,Pa. USA
Contact:

Post by Goblin »

Originally posted by REMF
I'm not crazy about the idea of having to scan four (!) different Forums. Good concept, but not so good in practice.
I gotta agree with REMF. With the new sub forums, what is appropriate for the main forum? If you read their descriptions, they seem to cover almost everything.

Goblin
Fabio Prado
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 8:00 am
Contact:

Post by Fabio Prado »

I know it will mean a lot of extra work, but it was a really neat idea!:D

Congratulations Matrix! The new forum really ROCKS!

Fab
Image
User avatar
parusski
Posts: 4789
Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Jackson Tn
Contact:

Post by parusski »

The idea of sub forums is a great one. It should help manage the huge number of threads and the larger number of replies. It looks great so far.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Mike Oshiki
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Williamsburg, VA

Post by Mike Oshiki »

Great idea, although the way things are going with Household 6, I may end up like Parusski!

Truly, though, another great idea from Paul. To whom I must add, in the "hardcore wargamer" thread I almost wrote about our playing (was it SL?) during the super bowl with your dope-smoking room-mate trying in vain to get us military types to join in. Gotta love Mad-town...
Mockingbird2
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by Mockingbird2 »

I gotta agree with REMF as well. I'd rather read their descriptions as we had been doing.

Alway's work OK for me, the newest threads on top and active ones keep on the first two pages or so if alot of us are posting.

Just not as fun as it use to be.:(
Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Post by Bing »

My browser doesn't like the new "sub-forums". I suspect its something also to do with the cookie, I'll be darned if I am going to redo that AGAIN. Am running IE 5.5. Subs will not open from the main page. Have to go to Matrix Games pages, then click on the sub I want, then it will open. When done,, back to Matrix Games page, repeat process.

Sure, its all my fault. But since every other forum on every other website works exactly as it should - cable IP helps in this respect, including sites that wouldn't even load via my old dialup - I don't really care if it IS all my fault.

Just plain don't like the new system. Won't keep my away from the Forum, rather it makes using it like hitting your thumb with a hammer: Feels so darn good when you stop.

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Bing
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Gaylord, MI, USA

Post by Bing »

Latest maintenance binge seems to have pretty much solved the problem I was having with the subs. I say "pretty much" because I have to click three or four times to get the sub to load, but it DOES load from the main WAW page - which it did not before.

Keep up the good work and remember Mother's Day is next month.

Bing
"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”