From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Emergency Kit

Post by rtrapasso »

Geena Davis, Jeff Goldblum, Jim Carrey and Damon Williams in "an A movie disguised as a B movie..." - shown on Comedy Channel fairly frequently...

MEMORABLE QUOTE:
from the song "'Cause I'm A Blonde"]
Candy(played by Julie Brown): I just want to say that being chosen as this month's Miss August is like a compliment I'll remember for as long as I can. Right now I'm a freshman in my fourth year at UCLA, but my goal is to become a veterinarian, 'cause I love children.


Image
Attachments
Earth Girls Are Easy.jpg
Earth Girls Are Easy.jpg (15.12 KiB) Viewed 365 times
bbbf
Posts: 490
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

RE: Emergency Kit

Post by bbbf »

I did wonder if the pun might be a little obscure, but it was just too good to pass up.[:D]
Robert Lee
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: Emergency Kit

Post by USSAmerica »

Geena Davis! 
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Holy ****!

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I go on one lousy bar crawl and the AAR is on the second page. What a price we pay for yeast excrement, eh?

Editors note: "sidewase" is apparently an obscure spelling of "sideways" in wide use among residents of Pitcarin Is.


Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (150.78 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Image
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: Holy ****!

Post by bradfordkay »

Hmmm.... Yossarian apparently spent too much time in church camp and not enough in geography class...
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Holy ****!

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Hmmm.... Yossarian apparently spent too much time in church camp and not enough in geography class...
[:)] When I first saw the Blizzard off Christchurch in July, I chuckled to myself, and was all ready to post a screenshot on the forum....then it occured to me.....duh (slaps head>

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (193.67 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Venial

Post by Cap Mandrake »

..

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (101.55 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Image
AmiralLaurent
Posts: 3351
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:53 pm
Location: Near Paris, France

RE: Venial

Post by AmiralLaurent »

Now I wonder which WITP bug has inspired this 5000 ft tall priest.... I have not seen this one...
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Dogtags

Post by Cap Mandrake »

..poor Father Emmanoulides

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (88.73 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

50 Hail Mary's

Post by Cap Mandrake »

..

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (86.03 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Venial

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

Now I wonder which WITP bug has inspired this 5000 ft tall priest.... I have not seen this one...

Funny you should mention that. Here is a modified cloud icon I downloaded from Spooky's site as part of a graphic "upgrade"


Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (1.08 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Image
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: Venial

Post by bradfordkay »

Why ever would you use that? I'm still using your cloud icon from the UV days. I still think that it best portrays a socked in map...
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Venial

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Why ever would you use that? I'm still using your cloud icon from the UV days. I still think that it best portrays a socked in map...

Hey thanks...I forgot about that[:)] It works in WITP too, I take it? I had lost the thing but just found it on Spooky's.

Meanwhile, The situation grows desperate in Yunan. Time for the Chinese to drive the Japs off the Burma Road and get the beans and bullets flowing again. Even the Chinese commanders were surprised when their attack actually succeeded [:)]

Image
Attachments
Buram Road.jpg
Buram Road.jpg (206.81 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Image
princep01
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:02 pm
Location: Texas

RE: Emergency Kit

Post by princep01 »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Geena Davis, Jeff Goldblum, Jim Carrey and Damon Williams in "an A movie disguised as a B movie..." - shown on Comedy Channel fairly frequently...

MEMORABLE QUOTE:
from the song "'Cause I'm A Blonde"]
Candy(played by Julie Brown): I just want to say that being chosen as this month's Miss August is like a compliment I'll remember for as long as I can. Right now I'm a freshman in my fourth year at UCLA, but my goal is to become a veterinarian, 'cause I love children.


Image


Another of Jeff Goldblum's fine script picks. If ever a man needed a really good agent.......
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

How much for this P-36?

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Can someone explain why there are Philippino pilots in this game?



Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (51.34 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Image
AmiralLaurent
Posts: 3351
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:53 pm
Location: Near Paris, France

RE: How much for this P-36?

Post by AmiralLaurent »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Can someone explain why there are Philippino pilots in this game?

There is a unit that was Philipino IRL (6th Pursuit Squadron flying P-26/36 in Luzon) but is US in the game IIRC.

By the way there are also French pilots...
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: How much for this P-36?

Post by bradfordkay »

In CHS it is a Filipino squadron, so they get some use for a short while.

The French pilots are just there to chase the Vietnamese women... [;)]
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: How much for this P-36?

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

In CHS it is a Filipino squadron, so they get some use for a short while.

The French pilots are just there to chase the Vietnamese women... [;)]

[:D] [:D]

The French pilots are accumulating slowly for when the Jean Bart and Richelieu show up late in the game... you are going to need those boys for all the intensive combat air operations the French conducted with their floatplanes... [8|] [:'(]
AmiralLaurent
Posts: 3351
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:53 pm
Location: Near Paris, France

RE: How much for this P-36?

Post by AmiralLaurent »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

In CHS it is a Filipino squadron, so they get some use for a short while.

The French pilots are just there to chase the Vietnamese women... [;)]

[:D] [:D]

The French pilots are accumulating slowly for when the Jean Bart and Richeleau show up late in the game... you are going to need those boys for all the intensive combat air operations the French conducted with their floatplanes... [8|] [:'(]

Chasing women with floatplanes is not allowed by the Geneva Convention. By the way all that these men need is an aviator uniform and assorted sunglasses.

By the way the Jean-Bart is in the game ? The Richelieu operated with the British in the Indian Ocean but I don't think the Jean Bart was operationnal until after the war (thanks to American shells and bombs during Operation Torch).
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: How much for this P-36?

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

In CHS it is a Filipino squadron, so they get some use for a short while.

The French pilots are just there to chase the Vietnamese women... [;)]

[:D] [:D]

The French pilots are accumulating slowly for when the Jean Bart and Richelieu show up late in the game... you are going to need those boys for all the intensive combat air operations the French conducted with their floatplanes... [8|] [:'(]

Chasing women with floatplanes is not allowed by the Geneva Convention. By the way all that these men need is an aviator uniform and assorted sunglasses.

And money... but those weren't the "combat operations" i was thinking of... [;)]
By the way the Jean-Bart is in the game ? The Richelieu operated with the British in the Indian Ocean but I don't think the Jean Bart was operationnal until after the war (thanks to American shells and bombs during Operation Torch).

i thought it showed up late in CHS (1946??), but i could be wrong...
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”