THE THREAD

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

OK slacker what have you been doing all day i only see one page since lunch.[:@]

I dont have free internet access at work. The Gecko forbids it. [:-]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

They have only done it once

Really? It has to be at least a couple of times, I think. [&:]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

I think Faber is branching out into pop culture.....

Image
Attachments
m_7c2fc95a..b28c12de.jpg
m_7c2fc95a..b28c12de.jpg (4 KiB) Viewed 308 times
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

ORIGINAL: Dixie




Baseball is not like cricket [:-]. For a start, the cricket world cup actually had teams from more than one nation [:'(]

So is baseball. There is still one Canadian team (made up of South American players[;)]). The World series is "Our" world. [:D]

They have that international thing where countries like Cuba, Japan and Korea play. Oddly enough, I dont remember the US ever winning it. [:D]

Same thing happens with World Cup Soccar (every 4 years). A bunch of foriengers beat us at their boring game. This is why we don't invite them to the World Series (our boring game). [;)]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Same thing happens with World Cup Soccar (every 4 years). A bunch of foriengers beat us at their boring game. This is why we don't invite them to the World Series (our boring game). [;)]

Shhh...dont tell anyone....but....US cant put together a soccer team to save their lives. [:'(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by RUPD3658 »

More to the point....why would we want to?
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

The rain seems to have finally stopped where I am. [:)]

It must have moved over here. I'm going to go for a run in it in a couple of hours. I love to run in the warm rain. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

Hi Dixie

Something similar to Yava's if possible. I have a soft spot for Exeter, the County Class and KGVs. Camouflage would be nice too... This was why I wanted to pay, because then I would not feel too guilty about being an awkward git. It's your fault, you know - what you did for Yava has set the bar very high. [&o][&o]

I have a few pics of the Counties on the HD at home. I can't remember where I got Yava's sig pic from, I seem to recall that I found it already colourised in some obscure corner of the 'net. If there is a particular image you wanted then I can colourise it completely for you, but it will take a wee while.

This is another one I was toying with a while back, I quite like the County Class, for a ship [:)]

Image

That's obviously not a pic from my PBEM. The Australia (along with 7-8 other cruisers and the Repulse) are rusting along the coast of Guadalcanal where they were ambushed. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

It's not the same as Robert's, but here goes

1937:
The USAAC receives it's first B-17 bomber
The Hidenburg blows up at Lakehurst, New Jersey.  36 are killed.
The Sino-Japanese war resumes.  Japanese troops clashed in maneuvers with Chinese troops at the Marco Polo Bridge, ten miles west of Peking. Three weeks later, the Japanese invaded in large numbers. In order to circumvent the pledge made in the Kellogg Pact, Japan did not officially declare war, but called the event the "China Incident."
Amelia Earhart was lost over the Pacific in her attempt to make an around-the-world flight along the equator. The flight, which began in Miami, had made it around the world to Lae, in the Pacific. She was flying a Lockheed "Electra." Her last flight words by radio were "we are flying northeast."
The purges in the Soviet Union spread to the Soviet military. Marshal Michael Tukhachevski and seven other top generals were arrested and executed for treason.
On December 12th, Japanese planes bombed a US river gunboat, the Panay, in China. The Panay sank, two were killed and thirty wounded. The State Department demanded an apology, which the Japanese provided. The attack followed Japanese attacks against Chinese civilians.
The maiden flight of the first production Hawker Hurricane took place on the 12th October 1937

Uhh, sorry Dixie but you're only 1900 years off. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Nah - not just RUPD... [:D]

And Mike is just frustrated that he cant keep up. [:D]

That's a fact. Between the sucky wireless and you guys with light fingers [X(] I keep losing ground.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
Just remember...American cops have guns

True. But most cant hit the broad side of a barn. [:)]

I shoot expert.

I have yet to have to shoot a barn but if one gets out of line I will not hesitate to do so. [;)]

[:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Listening to a book on Agincourt... the English longbow (with steel arrowhead) could penetrate a wooden door 4" thick!!! [X(] [X(] [X(]

Very interesting battle.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

Man, no one around.  If I had it in me...... naw, can't do it.....
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

You're right about that!! [:-] [:'(]
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

Hi Bob.  My school is just about done.  One last briefing tomorrow morning and I don't even have to brief. [:D]  Just waiting for a turn to arrive.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

And you've apparently survived (always a plus...)[:'(]

So, should we start calling you Colonel now??
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

Naw.  Just another step.  I'm not even promotable until 23 Dec of this year.  If I get promoted any time soon, it'll be around the time I deploy.  Maybe not then.  Who knows.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16764
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

I don't look to get promoted.  I just try to do my best and surround myself with good people (who, in turn, make me look good).  I leave the rest to fate.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

Year 44:

Consuls are Titus Statilius Taurus and Gaius Sallustius Crispus Passienus

The emperor Claudius returns from his British campaign in triumph, the southeast part of Briton now held by the Roman Empire, but the war will rage for another decade and a half.

Mauretania becomes a Roman province.

The Isle of Rhodes returns to the Roman Empire.

With the death of Herod Agrippa, who may have been poisoned by the Romans, Judaea is controlled by Roman governors.

Cuspius Fadus, governor of Judea (44-46), suppresses the revolt of Theudas who is decapitated.

Pomponius Mela writes De situ orbis, a geography of the Earth.
User avatar
RUPD3658
Posts: 6921
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:25 am
Location: East Brunswick, NJ

RE: The THREAD!!!

Post by RUPD3658 »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

I don't look to get promoted.  I just try to do my best and surround myself with good people (who, in turn, make me look good).  I leave the rest to fate.

I prefer stupid people who make me look smart. I can also blame them for my failures[:D]
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke
[img]https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/upfi ... EDB99F.jpg[/img]
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”