THE THREAD
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
- rogueusmc
- Posts: 4583
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:21 pm
- Location: Texas...what country are YOU from?
- Contact:
RE: The THREAD!!!
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: The THREAD!!!
Early good night Tithe. [&o]
See you clowns in the morning.
See you clowns in the morning.
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- rogueusmc
- Posts: 4583
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:21 pm
- Location: Texas...what country are YOU from?
- Contact:
RE: The THREAD!!!
'night
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
Listening to a book on Agincourt... the English longbow (with steel arrowhead) could penetrate a wooden door 4" thick!!! [X(] [X(] [X(]
Very interesting battle.
Well, if a barn ever steps out of line, shoot it right between the hinges.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
Naw. Just another step. I'm not even promotable until 23 Dec of this year. If I get promoted any time soon, it'll be around the time I deploy. Maybe not then. Who knows.
Just out of curiosity, if you get light col, can they keep you in the same post or do they have to move you as well?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
I don't look to get promoted. I just try to do my best and surround myself with good people (who, in turn, make me look good). I leave the rest to fate.
Sounds like a conflict. The good peeople are Threadians, but we cant get you promoted. [:'(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
Year 44:
Consuls are Titus Statilius Taurus and Gaius Sallustius Crispus Passienus
The emperor Claudius returns from his British campaign in triumph, the southeast part of Briton now held by the Roman Empire, but the war will rage for another decade and a half.
Mauretania becomes a Roman province.
The Isle of Rhodes returns to the Roman Empire.
With the death of Herod Agrippa, who may have been poisoned by the Romans, Judaea is controlled by Roman governors.
Cuspius Fadus, governor of Judea (44-46), suppresses the revolt of Theudas who is decapitated.
Pomponius Mela writes De situ orbis, a geography of the Earth.
I'm confused. Did I mis the Spartacus uprising? IIRC Valerius Messalla was consul that year. [&:]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: USS America
ORIGINAL: rogueusmc
And I'm all alone in the Thread again...been happening alot lately...folks don't hang out like they used to...[:(]
Hiya, rogue.
The Thread without T and the Martian is like Cheers without Norm and Cliff.
I'll leave it up to the rest of you to decide which is which. [:D]![]()
Never watched Cheers but I get the sentiment. [:(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: USS America
Evening, stuffed with Mexican food - Tithe. [&o]
Dont worry. It'll be asking to come out soon. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: rogueusmc
I figured him for 'Coach'[:D]ORIGINAL: USS America
...at least Frasier ....I mean Bob...is here. [:D]
I always figured him for a Ben Stein lookalike. (Sorry Bob, had to make a funny) [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: USS America
ORIGINAL: rogueusmc
I don't know what you look likebut...you don't seem to be quiiiiiite dumb enough...[:D]ORIGINAL: USS America
I think most would consider me to be Woody. [:D]
Ha, ask my wife about that when I get on one of my pun kicks. [;)]
To quote Master and Commander....he who would pun, would pick a pocket. [:)]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: USS America
Man! Now I need a beer!![]()
Just had 6.....and won 3 games of pool. Please excuse me, like father like son (Yava).

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: USS America
ORIGINAL: rogueusmc
You beat me...Coach was so cool.
Do not try to beat Bob. He have much google-fu!![]()
You have much to learn, grasshopper. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: USS America
Early good night Tithe. [&o]
See you clowns in the morning.
Heeeey.....

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- rogueusmc
- Posts: 4583
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:21 pm
- Location: Texas...what country are YOU from?
- Contact:
RE: The THREAD!!!
And I'm alone again...got a turn in the inbox...back later.
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: The THREAD!!!
You are not alone. [:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
You are not alone. [:)]
And neither are you. [:-]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
Year 44:
Consuls are Titus Statilius Taurus and Gaius Sallustius Crispus Passienus
The emperor Claudius returns from his British campaign in triumph, the southeast part of Briton now held by the Roman Empire, but the war will rage for another decade and a half.
Mauretania becomes a Roman province.
The Isle of Rhodes returns to the Roman Empire.
With the death of Herod Agrippa, who may have been poisoned by the Romans, Judaea is controlled by Roman governors.
Cuspius Fadus, governor of Judea (44-46), suppresses the revolt of Theudas who is decapitated.
Pomponius Mela writes De situ orbis, a geography of the Earth.
I'm confused. Did I mis the Spartacus uprising? IIRC Valerius Messalla was consul that year. [&:]
Well, if the Thread ever gets to page -73, you should see it... [:'(]
RE: The THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: rogueusmc
I figured him for 'Coach'[:D]ORIGINAL: USS America
...at least Frasier ....I mean Bob...is here. [:D]
I always figured him for a Ben Stein lookalike. (Sorry Bob, had to make a funny) [:D]
ah, sorry, i don't think i look like Ben Stein... [:D]
RE: The THREAD!!!
Year 45:
Consuls are Marcus Vinicius and Titus Statilius Taurus Corvinus
Galba becomes the commander of Legio III Augusta.
Salzburg (Juvavum) is awarded the status of a Roman municipium
The emperor Claudius expels the Jews from Rome.
Emperor Claudius founds the Hungarian city of Szombathely
The Senate holds consultations regarding real estate speculation in Rome
Expedition of Chinese general Ma Yuan against the Xiongnu and the Xianbei (in Manchuria).
Consuls are Marcus Vinicius and Titus Statilius Taurus Corvinus
Galba becomes the commander of Legio III Augusta.
Salzburg (Juvavum) is awarded the status of a Roman municipium
The emperor Claudius expels the Jews from Rome.
Emperor Claudius founds the Hungarian city of Szombathely
The Senate holds consultations regarding real estate speculation in Rome
Expedition of Chinese general Ma Yuan against the Xiongnu and the Xianbei (in Manchuria).






