MP3 and SPWAW

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
RickI
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:34 am

MP3 and SPWAW

Post by RickI »

Hi everybody,
I'm a 20 year old guy (artillery fanatic) from Italy,
I've just installed the game,and must admit I find it very very cool and entertaining.

The battle scheme is great, and tank battles are excellent, with very good Anti-tank assets and values.

I was wondering tough: Is it possible to run the game without sound, playing an MP3?
I tried but the game won't run.

Is there a solution?

Please, let me know.
Thanks.
Svennemir
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Post by Svennemir »

Welcome then.

Actually I have no problem doing that.

I just go into the preferences menu, turn off all sound and music effects, then quit the game and start WinAmp.

Now SPWAW should run without sound, but with the Mp3 playing in the background. At least it does on my computer...
Saviola
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 4:29 pm
Location: Hong Kong SAR

Post by Saviola »

that's true, if only your sound card should support multi-task, but i would rather listen to the game sound 'cos that makes me feel more like on the battlefield. Though repetitive, but still stunning...(btw, sound of close combat is good also...);)
RickI
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:34 am

Thanks

Post by RickI »

Thanks, it works!

I've checked around , but couldn't find many scenarios, especially ones in 1940/1941.

Do you know a site with many scens, that could include some Greek-Italian battles?
User avatar
Brutto-Bob
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Genoa, Liguria, Italy
Contact:

Post by Brutto-Bob »

Ciao,

a year ago, i've done a campaign about the Italian-Greek war.
It was designed for SPWAW 5.1 but I think is still working.

The campaign is located in my web site, where you can pick some link to other italian scenarious:
http://www.geocities.com/spumadacinque
User avatar
RockinHarry
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

All that SPWAW stuff

Post by RockinHarry »

Hi RickI

check out the SPWAW resources webring:

http://webring.ectopia.net/spwaw/

__________
Harry
RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann
RickI
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:34 am

roger

Post by RickI »

Thanks for the links guys.
Just downloaded some scenarios.

Bob, bellissima la campagna di Grecia nel 1940!
Sto al secondo scenario.
Come hai fatto a fare le mappe? Che libri hai usato?
Vorrei fare uno scenario su Klisura ma mi servono mappe/o foto.
Potresti aiutarmi?

Grazie
john g
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2000 8:00 am
Location: college station, tx usa

Re: MP3 and SPWAW

Post by john g »

Originally posted by RickI
Hi everybody,
I'm a 20 year old guy (artillery fanatic) from Italy,
I've just installed the game,and must admit I find it very very cool and entertaining.

The battle scheme is great, and tank battles are excellent, with very good Anti-tank assets and values.

I was wondering tough: Is it possible to run the game without sound, playing an MP3?
I tried but the game won't run.

Is there a solution?

Please, let me know.
Thanks.
Buy a new (old) soundcard. My 3-4 year old riptide (came with the computer also functions as the 56k modem) will play mp3 with winamp at the same time the game is playing the soundtrack or the game is playing and guns are shooting etc. I want to say that it has 16 sound channels, I guess it can do things the new 3d surround sound cards can't.

Have you tried just running the game after starting your mp3 player, keeping the sound on?

I just ran a test Saturday night, media rack playing a cd, winamp playing an mp3 and SPWAW. All three worked on my soundcard simultaneously. I am more impressed by this soundcard each time I try to stress it.

My advice is find a different sound card.
thanks, John.
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”