Newperson questions

Post discussions and advice on TOAW scenario design here.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

Post Reply
Lawyerboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:14 pm

Newperson questions

Post by Lawyerboy »

Im new in these parts but have been playing TOAW since TOAW I first came out. Two questions: 1 Who [or what, as the case may be] is Elmer? 2 Where would one get a copy of the database [bioed?] editor referred to in this forum?
[&:]
David L. Kimble
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Newperson questions

Post by DuckofTindalos »

"Elmer" is the name of the game's PO (Programmed Opponent), and the database editor is part of the newest patch.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Telumar
Posts: 2363
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:43 am

RE: Newperson questions

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

the database editor is part of the newest patch.

Not exactly. "BioEd"ed equipment files are supported with the latest patch. You can get BioEd here: http://www.tdg.nu/download/bioed.htm Read also the 'How to edit the equipment database.pdf' accessable via the start menue.


User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Newperson questions

Post by DuckofTindalos »

D'oh! Sorry about that...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Lawyerboy
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:14 pm

RE: Newperson happiness

Post by Lawyerboy »

Thanks for the help. Did not have the latest update. By way of compensation I can offer the following TOAW maps which I have collected from the net over the years. Please note that the * marked ones do not load on T3. I get an error noting wrong size: Luzon, Panama*, Timor 42, USA 1941, Taiwan*, SW Pacific*, New Guinea, Leyte*, USA 1990, Guam. [:D] DK
David L. Kimble
User avatar
ralphtricky
Posts: 6675
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:05 am
Location: Colorado Springs
Contact:

RE: Newperson happiness

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: Lawyerboy

Thanks for the help. Did not have the latest update. By way of compensation I can offer the following TOAW maps which I have collected from the net over the years. Please note that the * marked ones do not load on T3. I get an error noting wrong size: Luzon, Panama*, Timor 42, USA 1941, Taiwan*, SW Pacific*, New Guinea, Leyte*, USA 1990, Guam. [:D] DK
They probably need to be opened in COW(Opart 300) and resaved.

BTW, You forgot to attach them. I've done this (forgetting) many, many times<g>.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
Post Reply

Return to “Scenario Design”