Finnish Partisans

Commander – Europe at War Gold is the first in a series of high level turn based strategy games. The first game spans WW2, allowing players to control the axis or allied forces through the entire war in the European Theatre.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mrtyphoon
Posts: 349
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:07 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Finnish Partisans

Post by Mrtyphoon »

Playing a PBEM as Axis and on the last turn just played some Finnish Partisans appeared is this correct? and has anyone else seen them?
User avatar
targul
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:52 am

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by targul »

Yep I had them pop up once and it doomed Lenningrad.  I was Axis so that extra unit was all I needed to finish off that rotting sewer of a city.

BTW I really like Lenningrad visited it a few years ago and it has more art at the Hermitage then anywhere I have visted.  Made the Louve look like a small gallery.
Jim

Cant we just get along.
Hell no I want to kill something!

1st Cav Div 66-69 5th Special Forces 70-73
gdpsnake
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Kempner, TX

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by gdpsnake »

I've seen partisans in just about every country and almost no explanation in the on-line manual. Greece, Yugoslavia, Poland, France, Russia, etc. Seems they can pop up in any country you are attacking based on a random chance. I've seen as many as three a turn in Russia. A good motivator to conquer ANY country as soon as possible so they don't pop up and ruin your day
Dave Ferguson
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by Dave Ferguson »

I am Typhoons opponent in that PBEM game and the problem is the Finnish partisan appeared in FINLAND, right by the border up north. I can't see why this should happen as russia has not invaded Finland and the hex where they appeared is pure finnish territory.
Dave
User avatar
targul
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:52 am

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by targul »

All countries at war can have partisans appear.  For some reason they dont appear once conquered.  Doesnt make alot of sense but that is how they choose to do it.  I would think partisans would appear after the surrender as they did in the war but nope they are simply an augment to your forces as the game portrays them.
Jim

Cant we just get along.
Hell no I want to kill something!

1st Cav Div 66-69 5th Special Forces 70-73
User avatar
IrishGuards
Posts: 527
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:49 pm

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by IrishGuards »

Yep they did .. Its that annexation by Russia that happens in the game .. at the same point I guess ...
IDG
Dave Ferguson
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by Dave Ferguson »

In my case the partisan appeared in Finnish controlled territory that had always been under control. The 2 hexes next to Leningrad had been reoccupied a couple of turns earlier so there was NO Finnish territory under USSR control, so no reason to have a partisan appear. this must be a bug.
User avatar
targul
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:52 am

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by targul »

It is not a bug.  That is how the game was designed.  They were at war if you are at war partisan can and do appear.  They can appear in controlled or uncontrolled hexes.  I dont agree with this design but it is the design so it is not a bug.
Jim

Cant we just get along.
Hell no I want to kill something!

1st Cav Div 66-69 5th Special Forces 70-73
Dave Ferguson
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by Dave Ferguson »

So russian partisans can appear in russia behind the front line in russian territory on the russian side of the front!
 
dave
User avatar
firepowerjohan
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:50 am
Contact:

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by firepowerjohan »

Partisans should only appear in hexes owned by the enemy of the Partisans, else there is a bug. Please send a screenshot showing any Partisan that appeared in a wrong place.
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead developer of:
World Empires Live http://www.worldempireslive.com/
CEAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18
CNAW http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=52


User avatar
targul
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:52 am

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by targul »

Far as I can tell yes. They have. I have also seen it in France.
Jim

Cant we just get along.
Hell no I want to kill something!

1st Cav Div 66-69 5th Special Forces 70-73
Dave Ferguson
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Kent, United Kingdom

RE: Finnish Partisans

Post by Dave Ferguson »

here is a screenshot of the allied turn, the partisans appeared at the start of the axis turn?
the partisans appeared north of lake ladoga in a hex that had never been russian occupied

dave

Image
Attachments
finnpartisans.jpg
finnpartisans.jpg (95.63 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Post Reply

Return to “Commander - Europe at War Gold”