From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Intent to commit a DWI
[:D][:D][:D]
Sounds like you deserve another gin and tonic, or two (three?)...
Now, about that phone call from the Idaho stalker girl - did you return it? [:'(] [;)]
Sounds like you deserve another gin and tonic, or two (three?)...
Now, about that phone call from the Idaho stalker girl - did you return it? [:'(] [;)]

- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Intent to commit a DWI
Quite the exciting lifestyle you're pursuing, Mandrake...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
Bird Farms
*************ALLIED AIR FORCES SE ASIA***********
******************Sept. 11, 1942**********************
Third Tactical Air Force (RAF) (Peirce)
Myitkinia:
20 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
155 Sqdrn Spit x 16
5 Sqdrn Mohawk x 16
135 Sqdrn Spit x 16
605 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
615 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
F4-VIG III (attach) Demon x 8
Imphal:
243 Sqdrn Mohwak x 16
217 Sqdrn Welly x 16
211 Sqdrn Welly x 12
60 Sqdrn Wlly x 12
W Flight Mohawk x 8
B-2-VIGII B-25 x 12 (att)
Diamond Harbour:
30 Sqdrn Mohawk x 16
Colombo:
4 AACU Swordfish x 12
No. 21, RAAF Hurri x 16 (att)
Dacca:
136 Sqdrn Mohawk x 16
146 Sqdrn Spit x 16
488 Sqdrn Spit x 16
Trincom.
232 Sqdrn Spit x 16
258 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
242 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
28 Sqdrn Hurri x 12
Tenth Air Force (USAAF)(Chennault)
Imphal:
12th BG(M) B-25(C) x 64
34th FS P-40E x 24
Dacca:
93rd BS(H) B-17E x 16
7th BG(H) B-17E x 48
Detached in China:
23rd FG P-40B x 37
24th FG P-40E x 45
******************Sept. 11, 1942**********************
Third Tactical Air Force (RAF) (Peirce)
Myitkinia:
20 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
155 Sqdrn Spit x 16
5 Sqdrn Mohawk x 16
135 Sqdrn Spit x 16
605 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
615 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
F4-VIG III (attach) Demon x 8
Imphal:
243 Sqdrn Mohwak x 16
217 Sqdrn Welly x 16
211 Sqdrn Welly x 12
60 Sqdrn Wlly x 12
W Flight Mohawk x 8
B-2-VIGII B-25 x 12 (att)
Diamond Harbour:
30 Sqdrn Mohawk x 16
Colombo:
4 AACU Swordfish x 12
No. 21, RAAF Hurri x 16 (att)
Dacca:
136 Sqdrn Mohawk x 16
146 Sqdrn Spit x 16
488 Sqdrn Spit x 16
Trincom.
232 Sqdrn Spit x 16
258 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
242 Sqdrn Hurri x 16
28 Sqdrn Hurri x 12
Tenth Air Force (USAAF)(Chennault)
Imphal:
12th BG(M) B-25(C) x 64
34th FS P-40E x 24
Dacca:
93rd BS(H) B-17E x 16
7th BG(H) B-17E x 48
Detached in China:
23rd FG P-40B x 37
24th FG P-40E x 45

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: Intent to commit a DWI
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Quite the exciting lifestyle you're pursuing, Mandrake...[:D]
Yeah, that's it. Thursday I had a root canal done and Friday I fixed some irrigation stuff in the yard and was nearly charged with intent to buy a book.
Pretty good book, BTW. Guests of the Ayatollah: The First Battle in America's War with Militant Islam, Marc Bowden (the Blackhawk Down author)

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: Intent to commit a DWI
ORIGINAL: VSWG
[:D][:D][:D]
Sounds like you deserve another gin and tonic, or two (three?)...
I don't need any encouragemnt on that account[:)]
Now, about that phone call from the Idaho stalker girl - did you return it? [:'(] [;)]
Would that I had. My daughter returned the call..and picked up the voice mail. Uggh. Wow, she was mad. It cost me two new pairs of shoes a dress and a top.
I got home from work on my "half day off" the other day after staying late to do paperwork and doing some grocery shopping and my daughter is standing out in the front yard with her hand on her hip..."Where WERE you? Your work said you were gone at 12." I half expected her to append "Mister" at the end of her question for emphasis.
Here is the learning point. If a good looking woman comes up to you and says "I have been dreaming about you for 10 years" and it all seems too good to be true..it probably is.
Thank God airline fares have risen.

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
Pep talk
Looks like Pownall's pep talk worked.
Tac Air sorties in and about Myitkinia;
Sept 10....180
Sept 11....270
With no A2A or flak losses, but the concentration of fighters at Rangoon is worrisome. Expect forward deploy soon.
Tac Air sorties in and about Myitkinia;
Sept 10....180
Sept 11....270
With no A2A or flak losses, but the concentration of fighters at Rangoon is worrisome. Expect forward deploy soon.

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
Eyeballs
*************From SEAC HQ, Ledo, 13:50, Sept. 11, 1942************
Gen. Peirce: Get me some eyeballs over Mandalay and Lashio this evening. That is where he is likely to deploy when he is ready for the air blitz that must come.....
Gen. Peirce: Get me some eyeballs over Mandalay and Lashio this evening. That is where he is likely to deploy when he is ready for the air blitz that must come.....

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
IBM card reading error
Air Forces, just like any other bureaucracy make mistakes. For the pilots of GVT-3, NEIAF, the 4th field should have read "1" for "fighter pursuit" rather than "7" for "recon/transport"
***********GVT-3 Ready Room, Perth, Sept 11, 1942*********
1st Lt Cuyler, NEIAF: Captain, would you get mad if I tried to do an outside loop in one of the PBY's. Kloppman is going to take pictures.
Capt. De Geer: AWESOME! Can I come too?
1st Lt Van Allen: Can I come too, Cuyler? I'll bring my belt. Kloppman can put all his photography shit in there.

***********GVT-3 Ready Room, Perth, Sept 11, 1942*********
1st Lt Cuyler, NEIAF: Captain, would you get mad if I tried to do an outside loop in one of the PBY's. Kloppman is going to take pictures.
Capt. De Geer: AWESOME! Can I come too?
1st Lt Van Allen: Can I come too, Cuyler? I'll bring my belt. Kloppman can put all his photography shit in there.

- Attachments
-
- untitled.jpg (16.03 KiB) Viewed 275 times

-
Cuttlefish
- Posts: 2454
- Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:03 am
- Location: Oregon, USA
RE: IBM card reading error
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
Air Forces, just like any other bureaucracy make mistakes. For the pilots of GVT-3, NEIAF, the 4th field should have read "1" for "fighter pursuit" rather than "7" for "recon/transport"
***********GVT-3 Ready Room, Perth, Sept 11, 1942*********
1st Lt Cuyler, NEIAF: Captain, would you get mad if I tried to do an outside loop in one of the PBY's. Kloppman is going to take pictures.
Capt. De Geer: AWESOME! Can I come too?
1st Lt Van Allen: Can I come too, Cuyler? I'll bring my belt. Kloppman can put all his photography shit in there.
![]()
Van Allen belts? Not a good idea, it's likely to have a bad effect on the film...

- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: IBM card reading error
ORIGINAL: Cuttlefish
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
Air Forces, just like any other bureaucracy make mistakes. For the pilots of GVT-3, NEIAF, the 4th field should have read "1" for "fighter pursuit" rather than "7" for "recon/transport"
***********GVT-3 Ready Room, Perth, Sept 11, 1942*********
1st Lt Cuyler, NEIAF: Captain, would you get mad if I tried to do an outside loop in one of the PBY's. Kloppman is going to take pictures.
Capt. De Geer: AWESOME! Can I come too?
1st Lt Van Allen: Can I come too, Cuyler? I'll bring my belt. Kloppman can put all his photography shit in there.
![]()
Van Allen belts? Not a good idea, it's likely to have a bad effect on the film...
God, Mandrake, thats such a geek joke. I'm almost offended that I laughed at it. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: IBM card reading error
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
God, Mandrake, thats such a geek joke. I'm almost offended that I laughed at it. [:D]
You must learn to embrace your Geekhood. Remember, the Geeks shall inherit the Earth.
Honestly, I am surprised anyone got the gag.[:)]

- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: IBM card reading error
I must admit, I missed it until it was pointed out.[:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: IBM card reading error
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
God, Mandrake, thats such a geek joke. I'm almost offended that I laughed at it. [:D]
You must learn to embrace your Geekhood. Remember, the Geeks shall inherit the Earth.
Honestly, I am surprised anyone got the gag.[:)]
Well, it was a little bit out there...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: IBM card reading error
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
God, Mandrake, thats such a geek joke. I'm almost offended that I laughed at it. [:D]
Another thing occurred to me. I wouldn't worry about being stigmatized by a physics/astronomy joke (as long as you don't have a pocket protector that has the planetray masses and orbits on it).
There is something else that puts that to shame on the geekdom scale. You do realize we are congregating in an on-line forum dealing with a computer wargame where we can reassign the commander of a barge flotilla, where complicated turns can easily take an hour of work and where the game itself could easily last 1000 turns [X(] That is some serious geek power. In my last multiplayer WITP game I accidentally sent a planning email to my sister. Ouch! You may not realize how "straights" are bound to view jargon about obscure WWII aircraft and it is fair to say most people don't know what a "Flush Deck Destroyer" is. She gleefully told my other brothers and sisters. Oh man, I was the victim of some serious prison rape at Thanksgiving dinner. I was the live entertainment. The only one who "got it" was my braniac nephew who is a bioengineerinng major at USC and his dad quickly shooed him away lest some geekdom wear off on him.
Of course, I had a blast making fun of my daughter's old boyfriend and his seriously geeky World of Warcraft buds. [8D]

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
14.959 hrs to live
So, a couple of Sodium atoms are sitting at a bar. The first one orders a round.
Na-23: Bartender! Two shots of Cazadores please, with limes, hold the salt.
Bartender: Rocks?
Na-23: No thanks. Straight up. It's the water, you know. <turns to the other Sodium atom> So, how long you in town?
Na-24: I don't know for sure. You never do really know. I'll probably be gone tomorrow. It sucks.
Na-23: Hey pal..been there..done that. I am down with that.
Na-24: How you been?
Na-23: Bit out of sorts. I lost an electron.
Na-24: NO S***, man! Are you sure?
Na-23: I'm positive.
Na-23: Bartender! Two shots of Cazadores please, with limes, hold the salt.
Bartender: Rocks?
Na-23: No thanks. Straight up. It's the water, you know. <turns to the other Sodium atom> So, how long you in town?
Na-24: I don't know for sure. You never do really know. I'll probably be gone tomorrow. It sucks.
Na-23: Hey pal..been there..done that. I am down with that.
Na-24: How you been?
Na-23: Bit out of sorts. I lost an electron.
Na-24: NO S***, man! Are you sure?
Na-23: I'm positive.

- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: 14.959 hrs to live
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
So, a couple of Sodium atoms are sitting at a bar. The first one orders a round.
Na-23: Bartender! Two shots of Cazadores please, with limes, hold the salt.
Bartender: Rocks?
Na-23: No thanks. Straight up. It's the water, you know. <turns to the other Sodium atom> So, how long you in town?
Na-24: I don't know for sure. You never do really know. I'll probably be gone tomorrow. It sucks.
Na-23: Hey pal..been there..done that. I am down with that.
Na-24: How you been?
Na-23: Bit out of sorts. I lost an electron.
Na-24: NO S***, man! Are you sure?
Na-23: I'm positive.
ARGH! Enough with the geek jokes![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Frauline Tatarin
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
..[:'(]
![]()
D'OH!




We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
RE: 14.959 hrs to live
ORIGINAL: Terminus
ARGH! Enough with the geek jokes![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Not to worry. I think that is the world's supply of Physics jokes. Besides, I wouldn't want to Bohr anyone.
******************SEAC HQ, Ledo, 22:20, Sept 11, 1942***************
Gen. Peirce: Right. Let's not get caught with our trousers down, shall we? Get the Mohawks and Demons out of Myitkinia at dawn tomorrow and alert the Spits of 146 and 488 Sqadrons at Dacca to prepare for pre-dawn takeoff for Myitkinia. We need to have our most capable airframes and pilots in the air as the enemy is going to throw eveything they have at us......... Where is my 10th Air Force liason, God Damnit? I need to know if Chennault can hit them on the ground at Lashio. Right, chaps, I am finsihed here. Let's get it done, shall we?







