From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Terminus

ARGH! Enough with the geek jokes![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Not to worry. I think that is the world's supply of Physics jokes. Besides, I wouldn't want to Bohr anyone.

Ba-Dum-Pum!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

So, a couple of Sodium atoms are sitting at a bar. The first one orders a round.

Na-23: Bartender! Two shots of Cazadores please, with limes, hold the salt.

Bartender: Rocks?

Na-23: No thanks. Straight up. It's the water, you know. <turns to the other Sodium atom> So, how long you in town?

Na-24: I don't know for sure. You never do really know. I'll probably be gone tomorrow. It sucks.

Na-23: Hey pal..been there..done that. I am down with that.

Na-24: How you been?

Na-23: Bit out of sorts. I lost an electron.

Na-24: NO S***, man! Are you sure?

Na-23: I'm positive.

ARGH! Enough with the geek jokes![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Dude! Thats 3 geek jokes in one. [X(][:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Terminus

ARGH! Enough with the geek jokes![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Not to worry. I think that is the world's supply of Physics jokes. Besides, I wouldn't want to Bohr anyone.

Ba-Dum-Pum!

Huh? Watt was that? [&:]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Falling from the sky

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Wow! What a bloodbath on both sides.

Hot shot Tonys from Lashio and Mandalay swarm over Myitkinia chewing up the RAF and USAFF medium bombers, which, apparently due to poor weather, are shorn of their escort. It is ugly and the Jap ground units are mostly untouched.

At the same time, the massacre of Bettys and Zeroes is prodigious and the Japanese raids are completely ineffectual.

Curiously, the Tonys never meet the RAF CAP over Myitkinia. A planned sweep of P-40's from Imphal does not go off due to weather and a planned B-17 raid over Lashio is also scrubbed. Although no Tonys are lost in A2A, they suffer perhaps 10 operational losses because of the damaged and distance to target.

Approximate losses over Myitkinia for Sept 12 are:

RAF and USAAF: 58 x medium bomber, 39 fighters

Japanese: 41 bombers (inclduding 36 Bettys [:)]) and 43 fighters (mostly Zeroes)

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (94.14 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Dude! Thats 3 geek jokes in one. [X(][:D]

4 [;)]

5, if you count the radioactive decay jokes separately.

BTW anyone know if Na-24 undergoes Beta decay? If so, he could come back to the same bar and enjoy shots of Cazadores whith his friend until their money runs out. Or maybe he cold just go the head and lose a neutron. Then he wouldn't have to leave at all.
Image
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Dude! Thats 3 geek jokes in one. [X(][:D]

4 [;)]

Ah, yes....I'll be gone tomorrow. Four it is. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by DuckofTindalos »

I wonder where the silliness of calling salt "sodium" comes from? I mean, the abbreviation IS Na...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I wonder where the silliness of calling salt "sodium" comes from? I mean, the abbreviation IS Na...

Caustic Soda. [:'(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Nah, it's just you people being obstinate...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: IBM card reading error

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
Another thing occurred to me. I wouldn't worry about being stigmatized by a physics/astronomy joke (as long as you don't have a pocket protector that has the planetary masses and orbits on it).

Whew! Dodged that one.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: IBM card reading error

Post by DuckofTindalos »

So, does your pocket protector have planet masses or orbits, since it doesn't come with the stigma of having both?[:'(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

You think YOU have problems?

Post by Cap Mandrake »

After the hemorrhage of aircraft over Myitkinia on the 12th, the pool of volunteers is shrinking.

The Japs put in a big attack, achieving a 1:1. This could go either way.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (22.12 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: You think YOU have problems?

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Hope you have cable [:)]

Image
Attachments
Burma9.jpg
Burma9.jpg (248.18 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

So, a couple of Sodium atoms are sitting at a bar. The first one orders a round.

Na-23: Bartender! Two shots of Cazadores please, with limes, hold the salt.

Bartender: Rocks?

Na-23: No thanks. Straight up. It's the water, you know. <turns to the other Sodium atom> So, how long you in town?

Na-24: I don't know for sure. You never do really know. I'll probably be gone tomorrow. It sucks.

Na-23: Hey pal..been there..done that. I am down with that.

Na-24: How you been?

Na-23: Bit out of sorts. I lost an electron.

Na-24: NO S***, man! Are you sure?

Na-23: I'm positive.

So, a Neutron goes into a bar and asks for a beer. After the bartender gives it to him, the Neutron asks "How much?"

The bartender replies: "For you - no charge!!"
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Frauline Tatarin

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

..[:'(]

Image


Dr. Heisenberg was forced to carry out most of his business over the phone as he hated to drive: every time he looked at the speedometer, he got lost!
Naskra
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:56 pm

RE: Frauline Tatarin

Post by Naskra »

Is it true Heisenberg ran over and killed Schrodinger's cat?
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: IBM card reading error

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

God, Mandrake, thats such a geek joke. I'm almost offended that I laughed at it. [:D]

Another thing occurred to me. I wouldn't worry about being stigmatized by a physics/astronomy joke (as long as you don't have a pocket protector that has the planetray masses and orbits on it).

There is something else that puts that to shame on the geekdom scale. You do realize we are congregating in an on-line forum dealing with a computer wargame where we can reassign the commander of a barge flotilla, where complicated turns can easily take an hour of work and where the game itself could easily last 1000 turns [X(] That is some serious geek power. In my last multiplayer WITP game I accidentally sent a planning email to my sister. Ouch! You may not realize how "straights" are bound to view jargon about obscure WWII aircraft and it is fair to say most people don't know what a "Flush Deck Destroyer" is. She gleefully told my other brothers and sisters. Oh man, I was the victim of some serious prison rape at Thanksgiving dinner. I was the live entertainment. The only one who "got it" was my braniac nephew who is a bioengineerinng major at USC and his dad quickly shooed him away lest some geekdom wear off on him.

Of course, I had a blast making fun of my daughter's old boyfriend and his seriously geeky World of Warcraft buds. [8D]


I have an audio file called "The Knack" about engineers if anyone wants it.[:D] It's hillarious (if you are an engineer type). [:D][:D][8D][8D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: 14.959 hrs to live

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I wonder where the silliness of calling salt "sodium" comes from? I mean, the abbreviation IS Na...

Latin, I do believe
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: IBM card reading error

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: witpqs
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
Another thing occurred to me. I wouldn't worry about being stigmatized by a physics/astronomy joke (as long as you don't have a pocket protector that has the planetary masses and orbits on it).

Whew! Dodged that one.

I don't wear pocket protectors, never have[:)]

I did offer to bring my sliderule to work to show the newbies (some of them have never seen one)[X(][X(][:D][:D]

I mean what are you going to do if your calculator batteries die out in the desert?[:D]

Mine is an all metal beautifully made K&E that belonged to my grandfather. He was a professor of electrical engineering from about 1901 to 1955[X(][8D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Frauline Tatarin

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Dr. Heisenberg was forced to carry out most of his business over the phone as he hated to drive: every time he looked at the speedometer, he got lost!

What a retard! Why didn't he just go down to Kragen and get a bolt-on tachometer? He could use that to estimate his velocity. Honestly, the more I hear the more I think the Nobel committee made a serious error.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”