From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

You had to mention Idaho, didn't you? I just got an email from stalker-girl. She informed me that with the aid of picture of me from her cell phone, a hot tub and a bottle of Kentucky confectionary, she indulged in some "me time".

I think that qualifies as Too Much Information...[X(][X(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Terminus


I think that qualifies as Too Much Information...[X(][X(]


Yes..that was definitely "oversharing". I think it was meant as a psyops attack. Of course, I repeated it, but second-hand "oversharing" is not as bad.[;)]
Image
T Rav
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 6:59 am

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by T Rav »

I'm torn. Should you spend time on the updates or extra-curicular activities? OK, both it is then.

I wish you well in your endevours, but you'll need to signal us somehow if you need a rescue team on the the 6th...

Good Luck,
T Rav
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: T Rav

I'm torn. Should you spend time on the updates or extra-curicular activities? OK, both it is then.

I wish you well in your endevours, but you'll need to signal us somehow if you need a rescue team on the the 6th...

Good Luck,
T Rav

Boy, am I glad I live in Florida[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by bradfordkay »

If you're lucky, the visitor from idaho won't make it past the airport restroom... [;)]
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

If you're lucky, the visitor from idaho won't make it past the airport restroom... [;)]

Only if she's a senator.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Well? Doesnt anyone want to explain Schroedinger's Cat to me? Do you know a cry for help when you hear one? [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Terminus


I think that qualifies as Too Much Information...[X(][X(]


Yes..that was definitely "oversharing". I think it was meant as a psyops attack. Of course, I repeated it, but second-hand "oversharing" is not as bad.[;)]

Ive got a sureshot remidy for you. Make the sex really bad. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Well? Doesnt anyone want to explain Schroedinger's Cat to me? Do you know a cry for help when you hear one? [:D]

It has to do with the Heisenberg uncertainty principle (the act of observing something changes it, first postulated with respect to the position of electrons about an atomic nucleus). Schroedinger explained it with a thought experiment involving his cat. It went sorta like this:

His cat is in a box. There are two possible states for the cat, alive or dead. If you lift up the box to examine the cat, you will cause the cat to assume one of the two states. As long as the box is left in place, the cat has a probability of being alive and a probability of being dead, but it is neither.

So, it's really a dead cat joke.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

If you're lucky, the visitor from idaho won't make it past the airport restroom... [;)]

[:D] Presumably, she is flying in to John Wayne Airport. I think if she tries the two-stall toe tap there, with a picture of John Wayne in the lobby, they will shoot her and then search her luggage.
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: T Rav

I'm torn. Should you spend time on the updates or extra-curicular activities? OK, both it is then.

I wish you well in your endevours, but you'll need to signal us somehow if you need a rescue team on the the 6th...

Good Luck,
T Rav

Thanks for the positive vibes. The updates are caught up with the game. We are waiting on the Sept. 17 turn to come back.
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Be the (air) force

Post by Cap Mandrake »

**************Myitkinia Air Field, 07:30, Sept 16, 1942**********

Sqd Ldr Edge, RAF (No. 605 Sqdrn) checks the manifold pressure of his idling Hurricane II and glances to his right in a pouring rain. His wingman, Flt. Lt, Stephen is right where he should be. Visibility over the runway is less than 200 m. He gives his wingman the thumbs up sign and the Flt. Lt returns it with a knowing smile. Together, they pull down their blindfolds and begin to run up their engines.
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Be the (air) force

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Here are the air losses for the 16th. 7 Tonys are shot down and one each of Hurricane and Spitfire. Nothing shows on the combat text file or on the replay. Hmmm?

I think this is blindfold combat with Tonys flying LRCAP over Myitkinia. The RAF pilots "feel" the kill, but because they can't "see" it, it's not on the official report.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (10.81 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Image
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

If you're lucky, the visitor from idaho won't make it past the airport restroom... [;)]

[:D] Presumably, she is flying in to John Wayne Airport. I think if she tries the two-stall toe tap there, with a picture of John Wayne in the lobby, they will shoot her and then search her luggage.


Now, I always use John Wayne airport. (It's close to where I want to go). Do I need to switch back to LAX to protect myself[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Now, I always use John Wayne airport. (It's close to where I want to go). Do I need to switch back to LAX to protect myself[:D]

As general rule, you should always use protection. In particular if you see a good-looking 30 ish woman with auburn hair ...I'm guessing...wearing one of those impractical French-maid outfits..I would run like Hell.
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Party time in Little China

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Another attack on Myitkinia is repulsed after considerable sacrifice of Allied medium bombers on Tac Air missions over the area (19 x Wellington, 11 x B-25). 9 RAF fighters lost to 5 confirmed Tony's, though there will doubtless be operational losses for the Tonys.

Image
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (22 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Image
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Well? Doesnt anyone want to explain Schroedinger's Cat to me? Do you know a cry for help when you hear one? [:D]
This should explain everything. [;)]

Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

I think Nik would gladly contribute his cats for this experiment...
Image
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Now, I always use John Wayne airport. (It's close to where I want to go). Do I need to switch back to LAX to protect myself[:D]

As general rule, you should always use protection. In particular if you see a good-looking 30 ish woman with auburn hair ...I'm guessing...wearing one of those impractical French-maid outfits..I would run like Hell.

Okay, I have a better idea. I will start using Long Beach Airport (it's closer to my hotel anyway).[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Sodium Bar

Post by bobogoboom »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Terminus


I think that qualifies as Too Much Information...[X(][X(]


Yes..that was definitely "oversharing". I think it was meant as a psyops attack. Of course, I repeated it, but second-hand "oversharing" is not as bad.[;)]

Ive got a sureshot remidy for you. Make the sex really bad. [:D]
He's a man isn't that normal.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Bolo boy

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Hey, wait a minute. I didn't consent to anything...yet. What I really need is someone to tell me to "just say no" in case she gets past the Homeowner's Assn Frontier Forces or shows up at work.

Perhaps if I let it slip I was playing an on-line wargame........?
Image
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”