Hello All! Miss Me? I do have a question though.

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Epicurius
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Texarkana, AR

Hello All! Miss Me? I do have a question though.

Post by Epicurius »

Hey Matrix guys!

I have a been busy lately and have not had the chance to come to THE site and check on you guys. Man it is great that SO many people are continuing to post about SPWAW! You should really consider all the traffic (good and bad) on this forum a good sign. Keep up the great work!

Now for my question:

I know that there are A LOT of changes in version 3. I have not been able to even sniff version 3 yet, but I am looking forward to it with much anticipation. I would like to know what specifically has been done to the ARTY and TANK HE destructability. It has been my only gripe about SPWAW from version 1.0. That is that HE arty IMO is useless in a battle. I will also say that I feel that Main Tank Gun HE is likewise almost useless. My play group has all but given up on arty for destruction purposes. Any arty bought is for smoke. Maybe I am being too closed minded, but I have too many examples of infantry doing very heroic feats against tanks in our games. Please let me know.

Thanks,

E
Lars Remmen
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue May 09, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post by Lars Remmen »

Originally posted by Epicurius:
Hey Matrix guys!

[Cut]

Now for my question:

I know that there are A LOT of changes in version 3. I have not been able to even sniff version 3 yet, but I am looking forward to it with much anticipation. I would like to know what specifically has been done to the ARTY and TANK HE destructability. It has been my only gripe about SPWAW from version 1.0. That is that HE arty IMO is useless in a battle. I will also say that I feel that Main Tank Gun HE is likewise almost useless. My play group has all but given up on arty for destruction purposes. Any arty bought is for smoke. Maybe I am being too closed minded, but I have too many examples of infantry doing very heroic feats against tanks in our games. Please let me know.

Thanks,

E
If you want the artillery to be more effective why don't you increase the Artillery vs Infantry setting?

Lars
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

Both issues have been addressed - ie dialed up a bit at the default settings. There was a bug that we finally found and fixed...
Epicurius
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Texarkana, AR

Post by Epicurius »

Lars,

That would be a solution, but I tend to not edit stuff in games too much because if I were to ever wipe my hard drive which is maybe 5 times a year, it is hard to get all the games just like I like them. When I reload Windows. This may sound a little anal, but that is how I am. My wife calls my desktop in Windows the most boring that she has ever seen. Image

Paul,

Thank you for the reply. You have heard this from others that have posted, but I want to say it again. It is SO refreshing to be able to get a response to a problem with ANY software problem from the programmers themself. Your and the Matrix Team's dedication to this is evident. I do a lot in the computer industry on a business standpoint and I for one would love it if other software manufacturers/creaters would take some notes from you guys. I know that you guys are probably over worked and under paid in the classic sense, and I know that you probably have all the volunteer help you can get, but if you do not, I would be privelidged to offer my help in ANY facet of this or future games. This may sound real pious, but I just want to see a great game. You guys have the commitment to create one. SPWAW may be it. Image

Enough brown nosing....


E
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”