Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
David Heath
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 5:00 pm

Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by David Heath »

Hello Everyone

I ran across this last night and I was simply amazed [X(]

They are making full featured episodes of the Orginal Star Trek that you can download and burn to DVD or view them online. The production of these episodes are great. [&o] If you have any love for Sci-fi or Star Trek check it out. Leave a post and let me know what you think.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/index.html

David
pkpowers
Posts: 424
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2000 10:00 am
Location: midland,TX

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by pkpowers »

Just watched the first two scenes of "in harms way"...most logical...:)...the computer graphics really enhance it
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by JudgeDredd »

No, no, no....all wrong. [:-]

Very, very clearly very amateur actors. Scottys accent is awful.

It's just all so very wrong. [:-] [:-] [:-]
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
David Heath
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 5:00 pm

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by David Heath »

Well I must admit I think they should re-cast Scottys but the rest of them are pretty good.
 
 
User avatar
EUBanana
Posts: 4255
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:48 pm
Location: Little England
Contact:

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by EUBanana »

There is a Next Generation one as well out there, I forget the name.  All done with bluescreen, the later series of them are pretty good.  The early ones are not.  :D :D :D

There are a /lot/ of episodes of this one though.
Image
User avatar
Jevhaddah_Slitherine
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:38 am
Location: Scotland

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by Jevhaddah_Slitherine »

Downloading it now on my dodgy Rural Scottish Broadband... should be done by this time next year [:D]

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
User avatar
TOMLABEL
Posts: 4473
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Alabama - ROLL TIDE!!!!!

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by TOMLABEL »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

No, no, no....all wrong. [:-]

Very, very clearly very amateur actors. Scottys accent is awful.

It's just all so very wrong. [:-] [:-] [:-]


Totally agree. This is the worst stuff I've seen yet.
Image
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
Kuokkanen
Posts: 3752
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:16 pm

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by Kuokkanen »

Appearance of George Takei should be enough to show that these guys are serious [X(]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Kuokkanen
Posts: 3752
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:16 pm

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by Kuokkanen »

Why you green blooded inhuman son of a...
John Kelley plays McCoy's part well [:D]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by JudgeDredd »

No...none of them play any part well. They are terrible, terrible actors. I doubt, judging by the state of the acting, that any of them have attended anything more than a weekend course in acting. [:D]
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
TOMLABEL
Posts: 4473
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Alabama - ROLL TIDE!!!!!

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by TOMLABEL »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

No...none of them play any part well. They are terrible, terrible actors. I doubt, judging by the state of the acting, that any of them have attended anything more than a weekend course in acting. [:D]


No kidding! At first I thought this was a comedy, until I realized that they were trying to be serious![:D][:D]
Image
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
Hanal
Posts: 2295
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:08 am

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by Hanal »

ehh...they mean well, and there is no monetary cost to watch it, so no harm no foul...not really worth the time being critical of it, just applaud the effort and leave it at that...
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by JudgeDredd »

u can applaude the effort, JP....I'll be the critical voice [:D]
 
u r correct, it didn't cost me anything. But that's really a side issue. Someone needs to tell these people that acting isn't for them and let them get a job they're good at so they can contribute to the tax bill.  [:'(]
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
PunkReaper
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:27 pm
Location: England

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by PunkReaper »

u can applaude the effort, JP....I'll be the critical voice

u r correct, it didn't cost me anything. But that's really a side issue. Someone needs to tell these people that acting isn't for them and let them get a job they're good at so they can contribute to the tax bill.

You really are Simon Cowell from X-Factor aren't you....come on be honest. [:D]
User avatar
TOMLABEL
Posts: 4473
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Alabama - ROLL TIDE!!!!!

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by TOMLABEL »

I remember when I saw the first few episodes of TNG first season and thought I would puke. It took time, but they finally pulled together an extremely great series by year three.

I see this stuff and my first impressions are far worse. This crap doesn't stand a chance even though the graphics are nicely done.

Just my 2 cents.
Image
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
06 Maestro
Posts: 3997
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:50 pm
Location: Nevada, USA

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by 06 Maestro »

A ship full of metro-sexuals? I think I'll pass.

I was a fan of the original Star Trek; loved it-even with its comical special effects.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

toph
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:51 pm

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by toph »

For a fan effort New Voyages is quite good, but if you've seen many fan films, you know that isn't saying much.

I actually prefer this one http://www.starshipexeter.com/

There are only two episodes and the second, the "Tressaurian Intersection" is the better one. The effects are suprisingly good and I think the acting is better than New Voyages. Again, that's not saying it's great.[;)]

BTW, the Next Generation fan series is called Hidden Frontier. They have a ton of episodes, but I never could get into them. The acting makes New Voyages seem positively Shakespearean.

http://www.hiddenfrontier.com/

Also, I've been watching some of the original series episodes recently. The re-mastered ones are being aired on a local station. It's so much more noticeable to me now how over the top Shatner's acting was. I have a hard time watching now.

I read some blurb about how Nicholas Meyer would do many, many takes when filming Star Trek II in an attempt to tire Shatner out and get a more subdued performance from him. If it's true, then I gotta say it mostly worked. Except for, "Khaaaaaan!" http://www.khaaan.com/
User avatar
EUBanana
Posts: 4255
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:48 pm
Location: Little England
Contact:

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by EUBanana »

ORIGINAL: toph

BTW, the Next Generation fan series is called Hidden Frontier. They have a ton an episodes, but I never could get into them. The acting makes New Voyages seem positively Shakespearean.

http://www.hiddenfrontier.com/

The first season is eyewateringly bad in all regards, acting, effects, /everything/. It is truly dire.

But the later seasons are considerably better. Unfortunately you kinda have to plow through the first couple as theres a huge ongoing storyline, and missing out the beginning = bad.
Image
toph
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:51 pm

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by toph »

I did watch a couple of the later Hidden Frontier episodes and I agree that it was improved, but not enough to compel me to get through the early stuff. I do give them points for having cohesive story lines. They've certainly made a huge effort. Again, it's impressive for a fan show. In fact, even though it isn't my cup of tea I still consider it better than some "professional" television. Did anyone watch the Flash Gordon remake on Sci-Fi? Utter dreck, painfully awful.
User avatar
Brigz
Posts: 842
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 10:00 am

RE: Star Trek New Voyages Episodes

Post by Brigz »

ORIGINAL: toph
Also, I've been watching some of the original series episodes recently. The re-mastered ones are being aired on a local station. It's so much more noticeable to me now how over the top Shatner's acting was. I have a hard time watching now.

I've watched all the original episodes on DVD on a High Def TV and it's not the over-acting that stands out, it's the photographic detail that jumps out at you. Every blemish and pore on the actors faces stands out in glaring detail. Their makeup is quite visible. You can also see all the repair and cheesiness of the props and sets. Repair work on walls and doors is easily seen. It's amazing what could be hidden with late 1960's TV analog broadcasting. It's worth watching just to see the all the production detail that you would never have seen before.
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”