From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: On retainer...

Post by Onime No Kyo »

I cant say for sure, but it sounds like that situation might turn a bit awkward. [:)]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Don't Blame Blamey

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Not one Jap carrier in sight. I dont think an invasion of Northern Oz is in the cards..but who knows. The enveloping force for Perth is not yet ready to give up the ghost..so the US 32nd ID volunteered to come help.



Image
Attachments
note.jpg
note.jpg (96.9 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by Cap Mandrake »

PS..I got some new pics via email [X(][&o]

I'm not sure "stalker" is really the right word any more.
Image
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by BrucePowers »

Ummm, what word does come to mind, as we have not seen the photos?[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by VSWG »

Exhibitionist?
Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Exhibitionist?

[:D] [:D] [:D]
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by ny59giants »

At least give us a link to her pictures and/or video on YouTube. [:D]
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

At least give us a link to her pictures and/or video on YouTube. [:D]

If there is a website with her pictures I am going to be seriously disturbed. [:D]

You will have to do your own legwork:

1) Find a former co-worker (preferably female) 16 years younger than you who has been harboring secret fantasies about you for 10 years (this can involve suddenly sweeping all work material off your desk to find an emergency flat space or...well..I guess thsi part doesn't matter)*

2) Make sure she (preferably) lives many hundreds of miles away

3) Then say (this is crucial); "Dang woman(preferably), it has been so long since I have seen you I forget what you look like. Can't you send me some pictures or something?"

Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Exhibitionist?

[:D][:D][:D]
Image
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by BrucePowers »

I reiterate, I am glad I am happily married.[:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

1) Find a former co-worker (preferably female) 16 years younger than you who has been harboring secret fantasies about you for 10 years (this can involve suddenly sweeping all work material off your desk to find an emergency flat space or...well..I guess thsi part doesn't matter)*


Sure but how to narrow it down... [:D] [;)]
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: ny59giants

At least give us a link to her pictures and/or video on YouTube. [:D]

If there is a website with her pictures I am going to be seriously disturbed. [:D]

You will have to do your own legwork:

1) Find a former co-worker (preferably female) 16 years younger than you who has been harboring secret fantasies about you for 10 years (this can involve suddenly sweeping all work material off your desk to find an emergency flat space or...well..I guess thsi part doesn't matter)*

2) Make sure she (preferably) lives many hundreds of miles away

3) Then say (this is crucial); "Dang woman(preferably), it has been so long since I have seen you I forget what you look like. Can't you send me some pictures or something?"


I find this very disturbing. I have trouble seeing Mandrake saying "Dang".
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo


I find this very disturbing. I have trouble seeing Mandrake saying "Dang".

Wait..do you mean I am too urbane or profane [;)]

Situation, Burma (it just sounds better without prepostions, don't it)

There are now 7 full infantry division in the Burma/Burma Road fight.

Anyone know where the 70th Div lived originally (Dec 7, I mean)
Image
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (156.21 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Nanchang...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Nanchang...

I am going to hazard a guess that is in China somewhere. We need to get aggressive on offence before he moves everything out of China.
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by DuckofTindalos »

It's about 120 miles SW of Nanking. That division has come a good way to play in Burma.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Glossary

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Editors Note: A number have readers have complained about incestual terminology and jargon in the narrative. We judge this to be a valid criticism. We have therefore instructed staff to compile a glossary of terms in the event the reader doesnt have time to review WWIIa and WWIIb (to date). Thank you.

Ge. Marshall



********************GLOSSARY OF TERMS**************************

SOB....Literally, "Son of a bitch". While generally an offensive expression implying descent from a canine on one's maternal lineage, it is also used in a jocular fashion by certain figures in the narrative. When preceded by the word "crazy" (as in "crazy son of a bitch") it can actually be a term of endearment among some.


Color of scarcity is green.....A reference to the inelastic behavior of the supply-demand curve during periods of severe scarcity of a desirable good. This applies either if the scarcity is naturally or artificially created. One of the most desirable features of war is its ability to create circumstances where scarcity is found. This is good for the world economy in toto and particularly good for the purveyor of the scarce product, most commonly an enterprise called M&M Enterprises, which rose to prominence during the war. The full expression is "the color of scarcity is green and it has pictures of dead Presidents on it". This refers to the ubiquitous paper currency of the U. S. of A. The origin of the expression is in dispute.


Sir Mixalot.....(aka "The Chief") The former head of a race of Hobbit-like people from the Island of Flores whose average adult male height is a striking 3 ft 2 in. They are averse to wearing pants but thoroughly enjoy baseball-style caps. The former Chieftain of the Hobbit-people acquired the more widely known eponym "Sir Mixalot" because of his amazing knowledge of cocktails demonstrated while chief bartender of Yossarian's Home in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia. Tragically, he was driven from his true love by an absent carpal bone, which is a unique trait of the little people from Flores.


DAB.......(Darwin Anti-personel Bomb) An amazing cocktail of the boilermaker family attributed to Sir Mixalot although attribution is not clearly established. It consists of Whiskey, Foster's and Creme de Menthe, which, when combined abruptly, form a fulminating mixture of high alcohol content. The rapid consumption of the product allows part of the reaction to occur within the stomach and esophagus of the victim, thereby speeding the absorbtion of the alcohol. The effect is devastating though the victims seem to enjoy the experience at the start.

Margarita......A delicious frozen adult beverage consisting (usually) of Tequila, Triple Sec, salt, the juice of Chilean limes and trace amounts of ethylene glycol. This is also claimed with some plausibility by Sir Mixalot while in the employ of 90th Bombardment Squadron (Medium), USAAF during their duty in New Zealand. The drink is said to have been developed only after the chance misordering of 144 gross of Triple Sec (due to a base 3 to base 10 conversion error) and a severe cash shortage of the Chilean government on the Galapagos lease-back deal.


90th Bombardment Squadron (medium), USAAF
......the pilots, crews, command staff and support elements for 16 B-25C medium bombers. A militarily inconsequential unit with outsize influence due to its unofficial affiliation with one of the most vital and innovative economic entities West of the Hudson River. The squadron was also home for the Green Party ticket for the Presidential election of 1942. Lastly, the squadron was renowned for its discovery of the phenomenon of "Global Cooling" and for the "brain freeze".




(Cont)..I need to go to work [:'(]
Image
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo


I find this very disturbing. I have trouble seeing Mandrake saying "Dang".

Wait..do you mean I am too urbane or profane [;)]

Judging by the above Glossary of Terms, I'll go with ejimakaytid. [:'(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Fishbed
Posts: 1827
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:52 am
Location: Henderson Field, Guadalcanal

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by Fishbed »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Nanchang...

I am going to hazard a guess that is in China somewhere. We need to get aggressive on offence before he moves everything out of China.
Hell sure that is in China somewhere, been there 2 full years in RL, Im pretty sure they didn't manage to hide the truth from me that long!! [:D]
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Don't Blame Blamey

Post by DuckofTindalos »

You sure, Fishbed? You might only think you're in China![;)][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”