On second thought, the present authorities in Nanchang might take a little offense to his doing so.[X(]
Oh Dear God! We haven't heard from from poor Fishbed in almost a day. I feel terrible if I have had some part in his disappearance. He was just a kid. I shouldn't have asked him to take such a risk.
Tough way to lose a reader too.
BTW...stalker girl announced in an email she will be visiting my office at lunchtime tomorrow and that she plans to fly in a short dress a la commando [X(] and that I had "better move the damn letter opener" [X(][X(]
I feel I may be slowing down your PBEM. John asked for another opponent to start either a CHS or Big B mod game. I responded and we are working out the wrinkles (HR and mod).
BTW...stalker girl announced in an email she will be visiting my office at lunchtime tomorrow and that she plans to fly in a short dress a la commando [X(] and that I had "better move the damn letter opener" [X(][X(]
Disclaimer: This link is probably not safe for work - depends on where you work, though... and circumstances: if no one's around you can open this link nevertheless. Disregard this disclaimer in case you're a home worker - unless your GF/wife/SO is around, in that case DON'T OPEN THIS LINK!!! Please make sure no children are around, either. Well, you get my drift, I think... Sorry for being so verbose, but these disclaimers have to be legally sound nowadays.
Anyway, you better stock up on limes, juniper nectar, and band-aids... [;)]
ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
BTW...stalker girl announced in an email she will be visiting my office at lunchtime tomorrow and that she plans to fly in a short dress a la commando [X(] and that I had "better move the damn letter opener" [X(][X(]
I think you should consider cleaning off your desk entirely. I shudder to think where that stuff might end up. [:)]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
***************10th Air Force HQ, Dacca, October 1, 1942************
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF:....the continued low pressure area in the Northern Bay of Bengal combined with a colder air mass undergoing adiabatic cooling upon descent from the central Himalayas continues to promote cyclonic action in the Northern Bay of...
Gen. Chennault: OH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! CUT THE CRAP! I COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT COLD AIR MASSES, WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS IT GOING TO RAIN OR ISN'T IT?
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <eyes dart furtively from side to side, his weight shifts nervously from foot to foot> Erm..yes sir. It is going to rain, heavily.
Gen. Chennault: OK. Now we are getting somewhere. WHEN is it going to rain son?
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <a look of abject terror descends over his face> Sir...I don't know sir.
Gen. Chennault: OH GREAT! THAT'S JUST FUCKING GREAT! CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY WE ARE HAVING THIS FUCKING MEETING THEN? <scans the room>
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <swallows audibly> Sir, it is a matter of adequate weather stations over the central Bay of Bengal.
Gen. Chennault: And that is my concern, how? Look, I have a war to run. The poor bastards hacking their way down that stinking jungle trail need our help and I propose to give it to them. There is a fresh Jap division sitting on the rail line from Mandalay probably enjoying warm sake while we sit around in a group jerk-off talking about "cyclonic ativity". How about those islands there? Don't we have some coastwatchers or something? Can't they give us a
Goddmaned weather report?
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: Sir, those are the Maldives.
Gen. Chennault: Captain, pretend I don't know about the Maldives.
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: Well, sir. It seems they have...well...
Gen. Chennault: MARY MOTHER OF GOD, CAPTAIN! JSUT TELL ME ABOUT THE GODDMANED MALDIVES!
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: Well, sir, it seems the Royal Navy says they are gone.
Gen. Chennault: <Pinches nose hard, one can see his jaw muscles grinding his molars into dust, after some time an aura of calm seems to overtake him and a beautific smile comes over his face... he speaks> Captain. Would you be so kind as to tell me when the storm season is liekly to be at its worst around here.
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <clearly relieved to have a question appropriately framed in probabalistic terms> Yes, sir. The Monsoonal season is bimodal, a second peak is historically noted in November.....
***************10th Air Force HQ, Dacca, October 1, 1942************
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF:....the continued low pressure area in the Northern Bay of Bengal combined with a colder air mass undergoing adiabatic cooling upon descent from the central Himalayas continues to promote cyclonic action in the Northern Bay of...
Gen. Chennault: OH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! CUT THE CRAP! I COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT COLD AIR MASSES, WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS IT GOING TO RAIN OR ISN'T IT?
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <eyes dart furtively from side to side, his weight shifts nervously from foot to foot> Erm..yes sir. It is going to rain, heavily.
Gen. Chennault: OK. Now we are getting somewhere. WHEN is it going to rain son?
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <a look of abject terror descends over his face> Sir...I don't know sir.
Gen. Chennault: OH GREAT! THAT'S JUST FUCKING GREAT! CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY WE ARE HAVING THIS FUCKING MEETING THEN? <scans the room>
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <swallows audibly> Sir, it is a matter of adequate weather stations over the central Bay of Bengal.
Gen. Chennault: And that is my concern, how? Look, I have a war to run. The poor bastards hacking their way down that stinking jungle trail need our help and I propose to give it to them. There is a fresh Jap division sitting on the rail line from Mandalay probably enjoying warm sake while we sit around in a group jerk-off talking about "cyclonic ativity". How about those islands there? Don't we have some coastwatchers or something? Can't they give us a
Goddmaned weather report?
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: Sir, those are the Maldives.
Gen. Chennault: Captain, pretend I don't know about the Maldives.
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: Well, sir. It seems they have...well...
Gen. Chennault: MARY MOTHER OF GOD, CAPTAIN! JSUT TELL ME ABOUT THE GODDMANED MALDIVES!
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: Well, sir, it seems the Royal Navy says they are gone.
Gen. Chennault: <Pinches nose hard, one can see his jaw muscles grinding his molars into dust, after some time an aura of calm seems to overtake him and a beautific smile comes over his face... he speaks> Captain. Would you be so kind as to tell me when the storm season is liekly to be at its worst around here.
Chief Meteorologist, 10th AF: <clearly relieved to have a question appropriately framed in probabalistic terms> Yes, sir. The Monsoonal season is bimodal, a second peak is historically noted in November.....
Reminds me of the old Splunge sketch from Monty Python...[:D]
What's going on in the Pacific? Is tabpub doing his share of the fighting?
The Pacific is very....well...pacific for now. Midway is back in US hands. New Zealand now seems safe after the drubbing the Japs took at Perth. The Canton, Tonga, Pago Pago salient is still annoyingly sticking out into Allied shipping lanes but the Jap carriers have not been seen for many weeks. Yamato and a bunch of heavy cruisers are still at Koepang but the carriers are nowhere to be found. The RN carriers (most of them) are certainly known by the Japs to be on station off Perth (gaining experience and guarding against a resuce op) but the position of the US carriers is likely a mystery to the Japs. The US 32nd ID is on loan to Australia Command to help clean things up at Perth but the rest of the US Army and Marines are planning to do bad things to the Japs. Nothing short of waterboarding is going to make me disclose that [:)]
The US 32nd ID is on loan to Australia Command to help clean things up at Perth but the rest of the US Army and Marines are planning to do bad things to the Japs. Nothing short of waterboarding is going to make me disclose that [:)]
When might ask "stalker girl" to do that.
She may enjoy it. [:D][:D]
The US 32nd ID is on loan to Australia Command to help clean things up at Perth but the rest of the US Army and Marines are planning to do bad things to the Japs. Nothing short of waterboarding is going to make me disclose that [:)]
When might ask "stalker girl" to do that.
She may enjoy it. [:D][:D]
You are just adding to my paranoia. I woke up in a cold sweat the other night dreaming I was chained to a bed like Jimmy Caan in Misery. Did I mention stalker girl is a nurse?
Looks like the commando raid in the office is off. I cant see how she is going to get off a plane at 12:30, rent a car and drive here in 45 minutes before my afternoon schedule starts.
That's OK...I wasn't looking forward to cleaning off my desk.
I'm a crisis counselor. I know that most medical doctors avoid mental health issues as much as possible. I go into the local ER's all the time and they defer to me. [8D]
Thus, I feel well equipped to deal with your minor issues. [:D][:D]
We can deal with the paranoia and dreams off line. [;)]
You also realize that "many" nurses quietly stalk doctors due to $$$.