Landing Craft

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Kanon Fodder
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Portland, Orrygun
Contact:

Landing Craft

Post by Kanon Fodder »

I remember posting a question about this after playing the first scenario of "Operation Sealion" a couple of months ago.

(That reminds me, I still have to complete that campaign ...)

I just finished playing "Dieppe".
(great scenario, I will definitely come back and try again)

My question concerns the LCA units (or any of the landing craft)

I thought I would speed up the scenario by exiting the LCAs off the board via the exit hex, but found that the units still come up when using the "N" key to cycle through the units.

It was very confusing at first because the screen display was actually still centered on the last unit that had been played and I thought I still had movement points left. Then I noticed that the description was LCA.

Because there had been a lot of landing craft it was taking a long time to click through them all. Finally I started clicking on the Unit Menu icon and finding the piece by its code number and skipping past the 60 LCA units listed.

Should a unit that has exited the game still appear this way ?
User avatar
tracer
Posts: 1841
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:00 am
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL USA
Contact:

Post by tracer »

I've noticed that sometimes when you cycle through your force using the 'next/previous' buttons, units which have been destroyed may appear at the bottom (in the text) while the screen still shows the last unit viewed. This happens often when the crew from a destroyed vehicle gets wiped out.

Sounds like your exited LC are falling into this category.
Jim NSB ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”