From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity
Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
Sense of humour transplant for Terminus please, sense of humour transplant required in Denmark.
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
Well, that's that settled then.
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
Not to worry, we pathologists take plenty of ribbing...
Of course, this pathologist has opted out of the General Pathology rat race, and gotten into the Surgical Pathology ratrace instead... i generally spend my days chained to a microscope and computer, looking at biopsies (specifically, gastrointestinal biopsies).
Of course, this pathologist has opted out of the General Pathology rat race, and gotten into the Surgical Pathology ratrace instead... i generally spend my days chained to a microscope and computer, looking at biopsies (specifically, gastrointestinal biopsies).
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
I don't see the fun bit about throwing a pathologist in a mass grave...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
ORIGINAL: Terminus
I don't see the fun bit about throwing a pathologist in a mass grave...
Ah, but pathologists are in mass graves a lot, i fear... but digging OUT people (for identification, etc.)
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
Terminus,
Its just a bit of intra-occupational ribbing. rtrapasso is quite welcome to make some comment about throwing me into the nuthouse should he so wish. Seriously, sense of humour transplant.
Its just a bit of intra-occupational ribbing. rtrapasso is quite welcome to make some comment about throwing me into the nuthouse should he so wish. Seriously, sense of humour transplant.
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
Well, that's that settled then.
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
ORIGINAL: Nemo121
hehe, I know, I once actually UV'ed someone who literally did put rockets into space for NASA. LOL!!! You know you're in an intellectual pursuit when your opponents literally CAN be brain surgeons and rocket scientists [8D]
Don't know about UV, but that would be Bruce Powers here in WITP (he's in charge of the orbiter (the Space Plane part) of the Space Shuttle).
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
Got all sorts of extraordinary occupations around this forum...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
And what a cool name for it.... Hi I'm Bruce POWER and I fire rockets !!!
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
Well, that's that settled then.
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
NOTE TO SELF: Medical types have a strange sense of humor. [X(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
ORIGINAL: Nemo121
And what a cool name for it.... Hi I'm Bruce POWER and I fire rockets !!!
But not as cool as Commander Flex Plexico. [:-]
Sorry Bruce.
It would be pretty cool if Bruce's middle name was Austin, though. [:'(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
It's not[8D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
It's not[8D]
Is your son's? C'mon...say yes.... [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
And if it isn't then WHY NOT ???? C'mon, explain your apparent failure to "geek out" [:D]
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
Well, that's that settled then.
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
The kid was born about a decade and a half befor the movie came out, iirc. But hey, arnt rocket scientists supposed to be able to predict that sort of thing? [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- bobogoboom
- Posts: 3799
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
That just means bruce wasn't thinking ahead. Obviously he was never a boy scout otherwise he would of been prepairedORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
The kid was born about a decade and a half befor the movie came out, iirc. But hey, arnt rocket scientists supposed to be able to predict that sort of thing? [:D]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
Member Texas Thread Mafia.

Sig art by rogueusmc
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
It's not[8D]
Is your son's? C'mon...say yes.... [:D]
Not my son's either[8D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- BrucePowers
- Posts: 12090
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
ORIGINAL: Nemo121
And if it isn't then WHY NOT ???? C'mon, explain your apparent failure to "geek out" [:D]
I have never actually watched more than 15 minutes of an Austin Powers movie.[:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
- Moondawggie
- Posts: 403
- Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:11 am
- Location: Placer County CA
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
Glad to see that a bunch of other docs enjoy this sim. Personally, I'm guilty of being a Radiation Oncologist; Stanford, UCSF, and Lawrence Berkeley Lab by training.
Does someone in this august body of physicianhood know of a serotonin antagonist that could possibly get Mandrake to focus of this war instead of those undeniably desireable Boise Babes? After all, there is scarcity to be created, and my diagnostic radiology partners want to take advantage of that, just like Milo!
I'd really like to see how this conflict plays out!
Does someone in this august body of physicianhood know of a serotonin antagonist that could possibly get Mandrake to focus of this war instead of those undeniably desireable Boise Babes? After all, there is scarcity to be created, and my diagnostic radiology partners want to take advantage of that, just like Milo!
I'd really like to see how this conflict plays out!
"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."
General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...
Yes, as the only qualified psychiatrist in the group I think we must go with a sock full of oranges. I have found this to have AMAZING effects on motivtion, energy, reactivity, patient willingness to interact appropriately and in a timely fashion and hypersomnolence.
As we always say in the psychiatric wards, "Nothing concentrates the mind better than knowing you're going to get an untraceable beating if you mess up."
These SSRIs, SNRIs etc are all hokum. Beatings, terror and pain, that's the cutting edge of treatment these days --- And, yes, this post may have something to do with the horde of homeless, HIV, Hep C+, intra-venous drug abusers who have been telling me lies all day trying to get into hospital [:D]. Ah WiTP you save me from me sometimes.
As we always say in the psychiatric wards, "Nothing concentrates the mind better than knowing you're going to get an untraceable beating if you mess up."
These SSRIs, SNRIs etc are all hokum. Beatings, terror and pain, that's the cutting edge of treatment these days --- And, yes, this post may have something to do with the horde of homeless, HIV, Hep C+, intra-venous drug abusers who have been telling me lies all day trying to get into hospital [:D]. Ah WiTP you save me from me sometimes.
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
Well, that's that settled then.
- Cap Mandrake
- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
- Location: Southern California
SSRI
ORIGINAL: Moondawggie
Glad to see that a bunch of other docs enjoy this sim. Personally, I'm guilty of being a Radiation Oncologist; Stanford, UCSF, and Lawrence Berkeley Lab by training.
Does someone in this august body of physicianhood know of a serotonin antagonist that could possibly get Mandrake to focus of this war instead of those undeniably desireable Boise Babes? After all, there is scarcity to be created, and my diagnostic radiology partners want to take advantage of that, just like Milo!
I'd really like to see how this conflict plays out!
Hey..just shipped the Oct 10th, 1942 turn [:)] I had ISP problems then John was unavailable then Tabpub fell into the Marianas Trench. We have overcome many obstacles. Besides, I dont think I need a Serotonin Re-uptake Antagonist, I think a testosterone antagonist would be of more help.
Funny, quick story. It seems Stalker Girl has been sharing her exploits in alarming detail (and I do mean alarming) with her mother. [X(] You have to understand I am only 2 years younger than her mother. [X(][X(] Anyway, it seems that her mother and Stalker Girl's Step-father have had a Jane/Yossarian type relationship for 10 years. After some interval of listening to these exploits, Stalker Girl's mom can no longer stand it and her head is about to explode so Stalker Girl visits the Pleasure Boutique and buys her a "Rabbit" which is some kind of magical battery-operated "me time" device with "rotating pearls" and independant "speed sttings" [:D] Stalker Girl's mom tells her husband the "device" is being shipped. When it arrives he calls upstairs...."your new boyfriend is here". [:D][:D]
PS I got an anonymous letter on scented paper Friday at work from a co-worker. The author (one hopes she is female) proclaims that she is unable to sleep more than 4 hrs a night because she is dreaming about me. She laments the dark rings under her eyes but reports "it is worth it". She reports that she has written 4 letters and that she only gave me the first because the others are progressively more "personal" [X(] Now that is some serious stalking. Monday, I will look for anyone who looks like they did a couple of rounds with Max Schmelling.
I also had to lower all my doctor stools in the exam rooms to about 10 inches off the ground because a certain mother of twins keeps coming in for silly problems and each time her top is more preposterously low-cut. As I scrunch down on my stool, she insists on leaning more forward. I have asked the front office to try to book with one of my colleagues..then I will check to see what height their stools are at after a week or so. [:)]








