From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: With the Royal Engineers in Burma

Post by rtrapasso »

Generic British HQ Staff Officer, hair neatly trimmed and well oiled, uniform meticulously pressed by one of 3 Indian servants in his employ: Yes, sir, in general I think we are but there was an emergency request from the chief medical officer of 7th Armoured just his morn. It seems they are desperately short of plaster of Paris.

Gen Pownall: Plaster of Paris? Oh dear God! It must be Hell.
May God protect them.
[:D] [:D] [:D]

You've been setting this one up for a while!! [8D] [:D]
User avatar
Moondawggie
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:11 am
Location: Placer County CA

RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...

Post by Moondawggie »

"Yes, as the only qualified psychiatrist in the group I think we must go with a sock full of oranges. I have found this to have AMAZING effects on motivtion, energy, reactivity, patient willingness to interact appropriately and in a timely fashion and hypersomnolence.

As we always say in the psychiatric wards, "Nothing concentrates the mind better than knowing you're going to get an untraceable beating if you mess up."

These SSRIs, SNRIs etc are all hokum. Beatings, terror and pain, that's the cutting edge of treatment these days --- And, yes, this post may have something to do with the horde of homeless, HIV, Hep C+, intra-venous drug abusers who have been telling me lies all day trying to get into hospital . Ah WiTP you save me from me sometimes."




Wow, Nemo, I'm impressed! I had no idea that those same behavior modification techniques employed by the Gunnery Sergeants on "recalcitrant" marines in my battallion on Okinawa in 1981 would become the "cutting edge" of psychiatric therapy in 2007.

I'll back you with with that "sock full of oranges" theory as it applies to Mandrake. Besides, he's also a doc, and it couldn't be any more painful than my internal medicine intership in 1979---now that was truly brutal and painful!
"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
User avatar
Moondawggie
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:11 am
Location: Placer County CA

RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...

Post by Moondawggie »

Mandrake, now I understand why the British advance in Burma has slowed; my God, man, there are valuable Jurassic fossils to be excavated here! The War will simply have to wait...

(Good show! The hell with cutting off some railway supporting some opponent troopers down the line; there are data to be gathered, in the proper British fashion.)

BTW, considering Milo's approach to Alice Springs, do you think that he changed his initials to something like "B.M." and had a similar vision when he looked at a dusty Nevada whistle-stop named "the meadows" in Spanish in the early 1950s? Visionaries like that are too rare to be unrelated...

Off to another topic, it seems that you are becoming a bit too popular with your co-workers and patients mothers.

Remember, exploiting your haughty social position as a physician to facilitate developing a personal relationship with either co-workers or patients of a different gender must be considered fundamental sexual harassment in its most brutal, oppressive, and patriarchal form, according to the 2 hour-long sexual harrassment corporate training program I was forced to sit throuh 2 months ago.

I'd stick with stalker girl...the only danger there is getting blown away by her crazy ex.

But, you mess with a co-worker or a patient's mom, Barbra Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, and NOW will have your oppressive male exploiter ass on a plate (as well as on the front pages of the LA Times) ASAP!

Stay clear of the fires!

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...

Post by USSAmerica »

Just getting caught up after another busy stretch at work.  Enjoyable as always, Mandrake.  [8D]
 
Keep your head down while in Idaho!  Wait, I didn't mean that the way it sounded.  Keep your head up!  I mean.... nevermind.  [8|][;)]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Nemo121
Posts: 5838
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 am
Contact:

RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...

Post by Nemo121 »

Perhaps we could all just compromise and agree that "Keep HER head down" might be suitable?
 
 
Moondawggie, the USMC - teaching us the lessons we pretend we don't actually use since 1917.
 
Internship No, NO, make the memories go away!!! [:D]
John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.
User avatar
1EyedJacks
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:26 am
Location: Reno, NV

RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...

Post by 1EyedJacks »

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

"Yes, as the only qualified psychiatrist in the group I think we must go with a sock full of oranges. I have found this to have AMAZING effects on motivtion, energy, reactivity, patient willingness to interact appropriately and in a timely fashion and hypersomnolence.

As we always say in the psychiatric wards, "Nothing concentrates the mind better than knowing you're going to get an untraceable beating if you mess up."

These SSRIs, SNRIs etc are all hokum. Beatings, terror and pain, that's the cutting edge of treatment these days --- And, yes, this post may have something to do with the horde of homeless, HIV, Hep C+, intra-venous drug abusers who have been telling me lies all day trying to get into hospital . Ah WiTP you save me from me sometimes."




Wow, Nemo, I'm impressed! I had no idea that those same behavior modification techniques employed by the Gunnery Sergeants on "recalcitrant" marines in my battallion on Okinawa in 1981 would become the "cutting edge" of psychiatric therapy in 2007.

I'll back you with with that "sock full of oranges" theory as it applies to Mandrake. Besides, he's also a doc, and it couldn't be any more painful than my internal medicine intership in 1979---now that was truly brutal and painful!

And what's best about the oranges is that they are good for you! Did you know they are full of vitamin C? If you use the sock of oranges correctly all you need is a straw. The oranges are pulped but still in the skin - just pop a straw in and drink your high pulp OJ. I wonder how much fiber is in pulp? This might be nature's perfect answer to colon cancer... [:D]
TTFN,

Mike
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...

Post by BrucePowers »

I wonder if Mandrake is off to Idaho yet?[:)]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...

Post by ny59giants »

I don't think the big question is if Mandrake is off to Idaho.
Rather, does he get "out" of Idaho?? [:D][:D]
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Those pesky sauropod ganglia...

Post by BrucePowers »

Good point[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
1EyedJacks
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:26 am
Location: Reno, NV

RE: Sand up the....

Post by 1EyedJacks »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Who knows who this is and what is the relevance?

Hint: I'm not talking about the hirsute guy in the speedos, either.

Image


Ahhh, that my dear friend is Betty Duzz, and she is attempting to resuscitate this AAR as it has almost drowned in an attempt to remain afloat while in a vast sea of BS... [:D][:D]
TTFN,

Mike
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Sand up the....

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Always with the negative waves...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
1EyedJacks
Posts: 2304
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:26 am
Location: Reno, NV

RE: Sand up the....

Post by 1EyedJacks »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Always with the negative waves...

In the picture? No - those are tidal waves...[;)]

I liked that movie btw - Oddball was a cool character. I've always been fond of the war and western movies with the Duke or Eastwood.
TTFN,

Mike
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Shots

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Dang! These nurses Idaho can drink. Happy to report I don't have GSW yet. I don't know what all the worry was about. Stalker girl told her 14 year old daughter to be the lookout. What coudl go wrong?
Image
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Shots

Post by BrucePowers »

Are you home then?
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Shots

Post by bobogoboom »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Dang! These nurses Idaho can drink. Happy to report I don't have GSW yet. I don't know what all the worry was about. Stalker girl told her 14 year old daughter to be the lookout. What coudl go wrong?
OK that is just wierd i have had a lot of lookouts over the years including a beigle but the daughter of the ladie i am having relations with is a first.
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
Moondawggie
Posts: 403
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:11 am
Location: Placer County CA

RE: Shots

Post by Moondawggie »

Mandrake, every Nurse I've met can always drink a Doc under the table---I think it's part of their training. Don't try to defeat a law of nature!

Also, ignore the 14-year old lookout, and instead keep a loaded 12-gague under the bed.

In the (hopefully unlikely) event the Ex- shows up, remember, he'd be an typical bloodthirsty Idaho Ex-; not a calm, multiculturally-enlightened progressive liberal "let's sing-Kum-By-Yah-together-who-is-happy-that-she's-finally-realizing-her-inner-potential" kind of Southern California-Ex.

Actually, most Idaho guys I've met don't seem to appreciate the adventurous nature of Idaho girls when it comes to facilitating the enlightenment of the girl's desire of by her getting friendly with California guys---but that's another story...

So then, if and when said jealous Idaho-Ex shows up, for Gawd's sakes pull that sucker out from underneath the bed for a little immediate and extremely persuasive back-up (before the fabled crack Boise PD Tac Squad can arrive) which emphasizes that irrational violent behavior can have immmediately adverse and long-term irremmediable consequences such as permanent, medium-velocity-projectile-induced ventilation of the torso of those who tresspass on private property and make outlandish threats against the health and well-being of those resident at said property which is being trespassed upon...

(Hey, do I sound enough like Alan Combs or Paul Krugman yet?)

Have fun amigo, always make her happy, and stay safe, Doc!

Moondawggie

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg
User avatar
Dino
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:14 pm
Location: Serbia

RE: Shots

Post by Dino »


Speaking of nurses (and doctors), earlier this year a nurse from Sarajevo, in search for the father of her newborn baby, demanded a DNA test to be performed on more than 20 doctors at her workplace...[:D]

Image
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Shots

Post by BrucePowers »

We have not heard fom Capmandrake since Sunday. Did he make it out of Idaho?
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
bobogoboom
Posts: 3799
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: Shots

Post by bobogoboom »

Do we need to mount a op to go retreive him?[8D]
I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that bar.
Member Texas Thread Mafia.
Image
Sig art by rogueusmc
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Shots

Post by BrucePowers »

I hate to think what a plane ticket to Idaho from the East Coast costs[:'(]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”