Argh! I need some help

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Rankojin
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 04, 2002 12:05 am
Location: USA, Maine

Argh! I need some help

Post by Rankojin »

So I've been playing for a few days now and I completed all the learning senarios except the last one. That's the cave busting one. So I thought I could beat it like the rest with little difficultly. But was I wrong. The first thing that I notice, no arty, doh! I can't seem to get close to the caves/infantry units to destroy them. I've tried using the 'create smoke in hex with weapons' (x) thing before and it barely creates anything. Am I doing something wrong? How should I go about this mission? I didn't see it in the manual, perhaps I missed it?
Well after I got slaughtered on that map I decided to try king of the hill. I can't seem to easily get the infantry out of the houses, and getting the machine guns out behind the walls are nearly impossible I've found, with chance to hit ratio's of less then 10 percent! Half the time when I mark out where I want my arty to fire it doesn't. I do you use your CO as your FO in the mission? I can't seem to site any targets, which means no smoke to cover my advance.

So basically my questions for now are 1) smoke, how do I create enough with just infantry so I can advance. 2) How do I get my hit % higher without moving closer and getting slaughtered with enemy fire (this is most likely because I have no smoke)? And 3) Why doesn't my arty fire sometimes, I have contact with them?

If there is some site, or previous threads about this, please direct me too them I'd be very pleased if you could. If not and you have some time to kill, you could just type it out. So thanks in advance.
"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
-Isaac Asimov
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

The tutorial verbage for that scenario accidently got left out of the manual. It used to be on the web, if I find it I'll post it. Approach bunkers from the side with engineers, bazookas or what ever you have that can take down a bunker, when in the adjacent hex attack the hex either with the Z key or use the C key to specifically select the weapon of choice to attack the bunker, or if supression is low than just attack and your team may attempt an assault, it's kinda pointless to attack it with a rifle when you have a grenade or satchel charge that can do the job. Be patient it takes time. Sometimes your team will fail the experience check and not assualt it, losing supression points, make sure you rally the team to the lowest possible point before attacking, this will give you a better chance of succeding. Good luck
User avatar
tracer
Posts: 1841
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2000 10:00 am
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL USA
Contact:

Post by tracer »

Remember too that some of your tanks carry smoke ammo. You have a limited amount so make sure you place it when and where it will help the most. Blocking the 'line of sight' (LOS) of those anti-tank guns on the hill should be a priority.
Jim NSB ImageImage
Post Reply

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”