Best fighter in WW2???

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

DD696
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: near Savannah, Ga

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by DD696 »

The best fighter of WWII was indisputeably Joe Louis, at least for the heavyweight division. You guys try to make this so difficult.
USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.
User avatar
Doggie
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Under the porch
Contact:

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Doggie »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay


C'mon, Doggie, this thread had been pretty cordial throughout, with people even agreeing with MDiehl. Why do these threads always have to end up in mudslinging?

Uh, Brad, everything was pretty cordial until people satarting referring to people like you and me as "morons" and such. Or don't they know you're also a "Steakhouse Moron", along with almost four hundred other people? How many people know one of the moderators of this forum is also my MCS techie? Is he a moron, too? Wouldn't want to embarrass him by naming him. And then there's one of the senior Admins here, who also happens to be a MCS modertor with his own sub forum.

I aint the one who started the "mudslinging". I rarely am. I simply respond to it.

Get it?
User avatar
Doggie
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Under the porch
Contact:

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Doggie »

ORIGINAL: UniformYankee


No ... we don't think so ...

I don't care what you think

We belong here ... you do not ...

Think again.


You (all) might have also posted in these forums .. but you have not played the games .. hence you are not really FROM HERE.

We are.

So you got a private investigator telling you what games everyone else owns? How in the hell do you know who plays what?
We have been here longer than you. And we are from here. You are from elsewhere.

Uh, the information beneath your username says otherwise. And you aint gonna tell me or anyone else where we belong and where we don't, you little fascist. WTF do you think you are? [8|]
User avatar
UniformYankee
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:15 pm

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by UniformYankee »


ORIGINAL: Doggie

<snip.... you little fascist. WTF do you think you are? ... <snip>

Poor ole dude .. you're so excited you couldn't even push the buttons right ... you got the quote tags all mis-aligned ... I expect better of you!

[:D]
Mike Scholl
Posts: 6187
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: Doggie
Uh, the information beneath your username says otherwise. And you aint gonna tell me or anyone else where we belong and where we don't, you little fascist. WTF do you think you are? [8|]


Doggie. About the only thing you seem to bring to this forum is bile and a nasty juvenile urge to drag everything and everyone down to your level. It's with great delight and satisfaction I'm turning you off..
User avatar
Doggie
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Under the porch
Contact:

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Doggie »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Doggie , unless I’m mistaken, you seem to be most offended by my use of the phrase “flinging their poo”. Part of the problem is that I’m not going to use the sort of “color-full” language that Steakhouse posters tend to use. I think you will acknowledge that at the “Steakhouse” anything goes.

Nah, I'm offended when registered users at my forum are told they're morons and such simply because they post there. And no, anything does not go at MCS. As the co admin, I ought to know. It is the most tolerant game related forum you'll find anywhere, but there are limits. Like I said, there's zero tolerance for monkey poo slinging of any sort on five of the seven sub forums.

Some of the folks at Steakhouse seem to delight in swearing at each other in the most color-full and entertaining ways. To me, it resembled the monkey cage at the zoo. If I offended you personally, I apologies.

Ask Bradkay how I dealt with people who directed their unprovoked monkey poo at him. There's two obscene trolls who are no longer welcome, and neither of them is lokale verbot because their opinions don't jibe with mine. It's because they were obnoxious trolls.
I would not presume to tell you to “stay off our turf”. It is not “your Turf” or “my turf”. It belongs to Matrix.


Well, that's refreshing. There are some people here who seem to think this is their own private little preserve.
That’s what I call “the American Way”. In other words, if you have issue with something I said here , face me here , confront me here , and lets have it out here.


In case you ain't noticed, I'm right here in front of you.
Only a coward drags a copy of the post here then drags it back to where he and his friends can dismember it and salivate over a mis-statement here or a not necessarily precise figure there. I applaud you for doing it the right way and condemn those who don’t.


See, the problem is people here like to engage in what we call "sniping from the mosque". They hurl their monkey poo and then hide behind some moderator's skirt when someone objects. Don't start nothing and there won't be nothing.
(Perhaps Mjk and Sarge should tell you what it's like to engage in homosexual orgies in a Swedish Army barracks?}

This post, which was added to a sig line, I find disgusting, impossible to defend and simply reprehensible.

And who added it to a sig line? Not me. Never mind that it's a partial quote, taken out of context by a troll, but the point is it's not my sigline, so why are you complaining to me about it?

And yeah, as a MCS Admin, I could remove it from the troll's sigline over there, but the reason he uses it is so he can complain that the Admin at MCS, (me) is "restricting his freedom of speech" should I remove it. I believe in letting poo lie, so everyone is aware who dealt it.

Which means I shouldn’t have to go scrolling through posts like that to see if someone has “lifted” my quotes or posts . Sorry, maybe I’m just too sensitive, but phrases like that make me want to take a shower and sanitize my keyboard.

Hey, there's lots more where that came from. Check out just about everything the troll wrote in the Iwo thread a couple of subforums above. What I don't understand is why you think it's my fault he's a troll?
That, in a nutshell, is my complaint. There is no need to “wave the bloody shirt “of who is a racists, who is and is not a “good American”, or who was here first, has this thought or that thought.

Like I keep telling you, your problem is not with me. Why noit address your issues to the people who are responsible for your complaint? I'm the guy who's been called a "racist" for suggesting the Japanese were the sadistic murderers they actually were. That is simply a matter of historical fact. I aint the guy telling you anybody who don't agree with my views is a "racist", a "moron", or "doesn't belong here.

Frankly I don’t care. But if you insult me PERSONALLY, or steal from me, then I invite you and anyone else who thinks this behavior is acceptable to “step out into the alley” with me and discuss this issue. It doesn’t belong here.

Yep, it doesn't belong here. So why don't you object when people keep slinging it here? I notice you did chastise our mutual troll, but you seem to think I'm responsable for his actions. You're perfectly welcome to take any objections or complaints here, where the management (me) will personally guarantee your right to say anything you want without interference.

That's the same right anyone else has there. Or is free speech a little too much for you to handle? Nobody will lock your threads, nobody will tell you what you can or cannot say, and nobody will tell you you aint welcome there. There are a few simple guidlines posted at the top of each forum. I'm not personally responsible for what everyone there has to say. I don't agree with what everyone there says. But I don't presume to impose my views on everyone else, which seems to be the ways some of your pals would like things to be here.

Now maybe you could encourage them to try discussing the various technical aspects of historical aircraft without resorting to calling everyone who doesn't see things their way "racists' and "morons", or telling people who've been here for years that they don't belong here.






User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Mynok »


Why Matrix hasn't banned these goobers is beyond me.

Something to consider on multi-purpose fighters: that rather puts the Axis at a disadvantage as they had little opportunity to exploit any such capabilities there might have been due to the demands of the war.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
UniformYankee
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:15 pm

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by UniformYankee »

Hey Doggie - much better job with the buttons this time!
[:)]

We should not disgrace our armed forces by pretending to "fight" on the internet. This is cyber-space the land of the whimps. I'd venture to bet that the guys who pretend to be "men" on forums would shrivel into the corners if there were chances of true face to face encounters. So my assumptions is that the bigger the internet bully - the bigger the real life whimp. Do you disagree?
User avatar
ctangus
Posts: 2153
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:34 pm
Location: Boston, Mass.

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by ctangus »

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Something to consider on multi-purpose fighters: that rather puts the Axis at a disadvantage as they had little opportunity to exploit any such capabilities there might have been due to the demands of the war.

Oh - that's a good point...

On the other hand most of the Axis fighters at least had a small window of opportunity to show their proficiency in multi-purpose roles. The Malaya campaign comes to mind first.

I'll start to think out loud - a fighter ultimately needs to control the skies, and that should probably be the primary measure to judge it from. But it should still be useful after the skies are controlled. If a fighter isn't useful in secondary roles, it makes air superiority less important and thereby makes the air superiority role less important. And so on... Hope I'm making a little bit of sense here.
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: Doggie

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay


C'mon, Doggie, this thread had been pretty cordial throughout, with people even agreeing with MDiehl. Why do these threads always have to end up in mudslinging?

Uh, Brad, everything was pretty cordial until people satarting referring to people like you and me as "morons" and such. Or don't they know you're also a "Steakhouse Moron", along with almost four hundred other people? How many people know one of the moderators of this forum is also my MCS techie? Is he a moron, too? Wouldn't want to embarrass him by naming him. And then there's one of the senior Admins here, who also happens to be a MCS modertor with his own sub forum.

I aint the one who started the "mudslinging". I rarely am. I simply respond to it.

Get it?

Doggie... I just went through the whole thread again, and nowhere in it is anyone called a "steakhouse morin" or anything approaching that. In fact, people were fairly cordial in the discussions with MDiehl, several agreeing with him in this thread and others attacking his opponent for unfair comparisons.

The closest I could find to what you are describing was this comment by AW1Stev: " Maybe we should get a little less personal. This isn't the Madcowsteak house. Debates are encouraged here. Discussion is expected. Name calling and foul comments do not belong here. Panzerjager , that sig line is definately over the top , even if you are quoting someone else. I personally would greatly appreciate it if you would change it to something less inflamatory and in better taste. Let's cool things off guys."

In that he was admonishing a WITPer, not MDeihl or Slaakmeister. I will agree that he may have confused your Saloon with the Steakhouse, where abuse is less tolerated (though still far more prevalent than here).

So why does the Steakhouse have such a repuation here at Matrix? Could it be that it is the direct descendant of the AOE forum that became too hot for Matrix? We were told that if we wanted to act like children we should find somewhere else to play and so Vinny, you and others setup the Steakhouse and its associated forums.

I will agree that you have stood up for people with whom you usually disagree, but noone at the Steakhouse is innocent of the crime of namecalling. What AW1Steve said was that we are trying to maintain a higher standard here and that namecalling is not acceptable. He then went on to chide a regular WITPer for a sig line that he felt was unacceptable here.

If you go back and review this thread in the WITP forum (I will not defend any other Matrix forum except maybe for UV and WPO) you will see that we have tmainly achieved a standard that does not include namecalling (some sarcasm maybe, but that is nothing compared to what we find in the saloon on a constant basis).

fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Hortlund
Posts: 2162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2000 8:00 am

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Hortlund »

ORIGINAL: Doggie
Uh, Brad, everything was pretty cordial until people satarting referring to people like you and me as "morons" and such. Or don't they know you're also a "Steakhouse Moron", along with almost four hundred other people? How many people know one of the moderators of this forum is also my MCS techie? Is he a moron, too? Wouldn't want to embarrass him by naming him. And then there's one of the senior Admins here, who also happens to be a MCS modertor with his own sub forum.

Doesnt your own sigline in here say that you are a "proud steakhouse moron"? So, if you are calling yourself a moron, who are we to disagree? But more importantly, why are you now complaining about others calling you what you obviously feel is an appropriate designation for you?
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close.
In its place we are entering a period of consequences..
User avatar
LargeSlowTarget
Posts: 5082
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hessen, Germany - now living in France

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

ORIGINAL: DD696

The best fighter of WWII was indisputeably Joe Louis, at least for the heavyweight division. You guys try to make this so difficult.

Well, Joe Louis did serve in the Army, but in a 'morale booster' role, not in the actual fighting forces. Max Schmelling on the other hand saw active service as a paratrooper and jumped with the first wave of Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 3 at Chania on Crete. So Max Schmelling is the best fighter in WW2. [:'(]
DD696
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: near Savannah, Ga

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by DD696 »

I generally stay out of these types of threads, but I do have to say that I find that Doggie does absolutely nothing to add to the quality of any discussion in which I have ever found him. He has nothing of value to add, and as such has no value here. I would ask him to please go away, but it is obivious that his only intent is to be a rabble-rouser. You are, simply put, an offense to this forum. Moderators, I will add my name to those that would like to hear no more of him.
USMC: 1970-1977. A United States Marine.
We don't take kindly to idjits.
User avatar
Sarge
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:46 am
Location: ask doggie

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Sarge »

ORIGINAL: UniformYankee

No ... we don't think so ...


We belong here ... you do not ...


We have played Uncommon Valor for years .. then we have played WITP for years ... have you?

While we have played these games for years .. we have posted in these Matrix forums.

You (all) might have also posted in these forums .. but you have not played the games .. hence you are not really FROM HERE.

We are.

You can attack us. But you are not from here. You are from there. You attack from afar. We defend from here.

We have been here longer than you. And we are from here. You are from elsewhere.









Image
Attachments
dumbass.jpg
dumbass.jpg (20.32 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Speedysteve
Posts: 15990
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Reading, England

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Speedysteve »

[8|]
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
User avatar
Sarge
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:46 am
Location: ask doggie

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Sarge »

ORIGINAL: Speedy

[8|]

You argee with this clown also ?

Believe it or not , everyone that owns WITP don’t live on the forum not to mention the members he is telling to leave and don’t belong here have been friends with DH and a lot of Matrix staff for years .


No need to back this kind of clown just because he plays WITP

It’s a asinine statement [;)]
User avatar
Sarge
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:46 am
Location: ask doggie

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Sarge »

PS: Yes I own WITP [:'(]
Mike Scholl
Posts: 6187
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:17 am
Location: Kansas City, MO

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: DD696

I generally stay out of these types of threads, but I do have to say that I find that Doggie does absolutely nothing to add to the quality of any discussion in which I have ever found him. He has nothing of value to add, and as such has no value here. I would ask him to please go away, but it is obivious that his only intent is to be a rabble-rouser. You are, simply put, an offense to this forum. Moderators, I will add my name to those that would like to hear no more of him.


DD696. That little green button next to "buddy" at the bottom of a post works wonders. Just go to a "Doggy" post and click it. Presto..., you will never have to look at any of his nonsense again. Do your ulcer a favor....
Speedysteve
Posts: 15990
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Reading, England

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by Speedysteve »

Hi Sarge,
&nbsp;
It's not a matter of agreeing with people or not it's a matter of I think both yours and Uniform's posts are unhelpful and don't add anything positive to the discussion. It's a simple matter in this case of tit for tat that will ultimately just lead to further escalation on one/both sides.
&nbsp;
Personally i'm just frustrated at seeing many a post from forumites who do nothing but snipe at each other, use abusive language, insult, slur someone's creed, beliefs or nation. I for one am going to generally stay out of&nbsp;conversations that get like that and report them straight away to the powers that be.
&nbsp;
Regards,
&nbsp;
Steven
WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: Best fighter in WW2???

Post by AW1Steve »

&nbsp;To any who feels this "slamfest" between Madcow and the others has gone way too far, I invite you take this spat off forum. I would like to openly ask anyone who has a problem with anything I have posted, insinuated, suggested or in any way p-ssed-off to reach me at AW1Steve@yahoo.com . I think we have devoted way too many electrons and cyber-pages to this on going battle. I encourage the participants to settle this completely and totally , but elsewhere. While I don't belive we should just drop this (untreated wounds fester and comeback much nastier later) ,but &nbsp;I think there are better ways to deal with this. I await your pleasure (or displeasure).
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”