F2 - options

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Post Reply
User avatar
Hunter42
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:41 pm

F2 - options

Post by Hunter42 »

A short question:

Is there a way to force the F2 Unit Help to have a solid background instead of the semi-transparent one. I find it hard to read in the current way.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
User avatar
Jason Petho
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Terrace, BC, Canada
Contact:

RE: F2 - options

Post by Jason Petho »

Good question, although I have no idea?

Any modders out there that could shed some light?

Jason Petho
1925frank
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:57 pm

RE: F2 - options

Post by 1925frank »

This isn't a mod, but if you activate the visibilty button or the reachable hex button and then make sure the map is dark when pushing the F2 button, that might help.
 
In the options, isn't there also a selection for opaque or transparent?  If there is, I think it probably doesn't relate to the F2 display but to other displays.
User avatar
Jason Petho
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Terrace, BC, Canada
Contact:

RE: F2 - options

Post by Jason Petho »

Something I have never tried.. looks like I will be giving it a whirl over the weekend!

Thanks!!
Jason Petho
User avatar
Dumnorix
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:37 pm
Contact:

RE: F2 - options

Post by Dumnorix »

I am already very strained on the result of this work. If Jason modifies over the weekend, then we have the mad innovations already next week. Far so Jason.

H.Balck ("a fan of the enormous modification abilities of matrix-games")
User avatar
Jason Petho
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Terrace, BC, Canada
Contact:

RE: F2 - options

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Dumnorix

I am already very strained on the result of this work. If Jason modifies over the weekend, then we have the mad innovations already next week. Far so Jason.

H.Balck ("a fan of the enormous modification abilities of matrix-games")

Instead of belittling our efforts, why not offer some advice?

Jason Petho
1925frank
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:57 pm

RE: F2 - options

Post by 1925frank »

You could just as easily ask sewage not to stink. 
 
I can understand why you'd make the request, but I don't think it'll happen, even if you ask politely, which you did.
 
For my part, I'm looking forward to patch 1.03. 
User avatar
Warhorse
Posts: 5382
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Birdsboro, PA, USA
Contact:

RE: F2 - options

Post by Warhorse »

Jason, F him, here's a fix, if you all want a different color, let me know!! This will work for EF, WF, and RS. These are zip files, but since this forum doesn't support zips, they are changed to .TXT files. Download, then change the extension to .ZIP and unzip into your respective directories! You should backup your originals. Enjoy!! This is EF. Next will follow in two messages, can only post one per....

Mike
Attachments
ExtendedInfoBoxEF.txt
(5.35 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
User avatar
Warhorse
Posts: 5382
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Birdsboro, PA, USA
Contact:

RE: F2 - options WF

Post by Warhorse »

And WF version...

Mike
Attachments
ExtendedinfoboxWF.txt
(33.92 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
User avatar
Warhorse
Posts: 5382
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Birdsboro, PA, USA
Contact:

RE: F2 - options WF

Post by Warhorse »

And finally the RS version!!

Mike
Attachments
ExtendedinfoboxRS.txt
(28.42 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
1925frank
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:57 pm

RE: F2 - options WF

Post by 1925frank »

Bravo!
 
Thank you, Warhorse.
User avatar
Jason Petho
Posts: 17794
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Terrace, BC, Canada
Contact:

RE: F2 - options WF

Post by Jason Petho »

A fine individual you are, Mike!!

I will include these in the USER MOD folder of the 1.03 UPDATE!

Thank you so much!
Jason Petho
User avatar
Warhorse
Posts: 5382
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Birdsboro, PA, USA
Contact:

RE: F2 - options WF

Post by Warhorse »

No problem guys, my pleasure!!! Is black okay, it seemed the easiest, at least for my eyes, to view everything? Can't believe I never thought of this before, the see-through always bothered me, but never gave thought to changing it, thanks Hunter!!

Mike
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
User avatar
Hunter42
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:41 pm

RE: F2 - options WF

Post by Hunter42 »

Thank you!

You are ALL incredible :-) Keep up the work!

Michael

P.S.: @Dumnorix: I would just like to say, that I cannot understand your bad atitude. I prefer people like warhorse, who help out instead of complaining. As a new player to CS I am quite happy that Matrix rereleased the game. I find 30$ is not to much and I appreciate the effort Jason does. And IMHO you are not a good example of a german player :-)

Und in deutsch: Mal ganz ehrlich. Dieses rumgereite auf 1. es muss alles historisch akurat sein, und 2. Ich zieh hier mein eigenes Ding durch und die anderen sind Amateure, ist doch nun wirklich nicht nötig. Damit disqualifizierst Du Dich nur selber. Ich jedenfalls bin auch Jahrgang 71 und dachte man ist in meinem Alter etwas reifer....
1925frank
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:57 pm

RE: F2 - options WF

Post by 1925frank »

I checked last night, and neither of my suggestions worked.  Warhorse's mods are the way to go.
Temple
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:21 pm

RE: F2 - options WF

Post by Temple »

Warhorse, the mods work great. Thanks for your quick help.

Jason, ignore the naysayers, they are just unhappy people. If you get the patch out before the holidays that fine, but if not, take the time to relax and enjoy. [:)]
Post Reply

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”