Unseen Opponent Fire

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Gary
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Unseen Opponent Fire

Post by Gary »

Just started playing SPWAW on my home LAN and noticed something strange. The computers we play on are in close proximity to each other, consequently my opponent and I can hear each others fire on both computers. What we've found is that many times when one side is firing the action is not showing up on the unit ownwers system. In other words I can hear him shooting at me yet I see no action on my screen, likewise there are times when I am blazing away on my system yet he doesn't hear or see a thing on his screen. Can anybody shed some light on why this is happening. We do not play with C2 but we do use limited intel. Thanks for any info
Gary Tatro
Posts: 1200
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:00 am
Location: MA, US

Wow

Post by Gary Tatro »

I saw your post and thought that someone had changed my sign in.:D :D
I am not sure why you are having this problem. A suggestion is to try the VCR playback and see if you can see your opponents shots then.

Beware of Gary's they multiply!:)
"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"
Larry Holt
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Atlanta, GA 30068

Post by Larry Holt »

There have been synchronization problems with some versions of the game under some conditions. Which version are you playing? 7.1 would be best to limit this problem.
Never take counsel of your fears.
Gary
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Chicago, IL

synchronization problems?

Post by Gary »

Didn't think it could be anything like synchronization problems. We use timed turns and both clocks never have more than a few seconds difference. Thought it was something like units in bad order (routed, retreating, etc.) might not be capable of reporting their situation, hence the player doesn't see actions being taken against them... guess I'm wrong. Sounds like I should be seeing everything. Running ver 7.0 Has anyone else noticed this?
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

Upgrade to 7.1 and retry, online and H2H are more stable and responsive than in 7.0
User avatar
Goblin
Posts: 5418
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:57 pm
Location: Erie,Pa. USA
Contact:

Post by Goblin »

That happens alot in 7.1 too, in online play.

Goblin- A Goblin shot you, but you didn't see it
Post Reply

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”