Use of Naval Craft in Pacific Scenarios

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
RayM
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Marlton, NJ USA

Use of Naval Craft in Pacific Scenarios

Post by RayM »

I'm still working through BruceAZ's Guadalcanal Campaign (currently in Battle 4) and would like to know how I can load troops into the LCMs that are provided. I moved units to the water's edge and brought the LCM in as close as allowed by the game but it is usually 1 water hex away from the beach hex. I have also tried miving the units further out into the water without success. After several attempts, it appears that I can't move a unit onto the same hex as the LCM and then hit "L."

Not unexpected, I would like to load troops into the LCMs and land them behind the enemy's lines and sweep in from behind (island hopping on a much smaller scale).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
User avatar
Major Destruction
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Major Destruction »

Try this.

Move your LCM to a hex adjacent to the infantry or vehicle unit that you wish to load. Notice that LCM's and barges will not enter shallow water hexes and infantry will not enter deep water hexes.

Select the LCM or barge.
Type L
Select the infantry or vehicle unit.

The infantry will now be loaded on the barge.
Only one unit may be loaded onto a barge in this manner regardless of the carry capacity and weight of the two units involved.
They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC
Post Reply

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”