So does uncle Gary have a tip for you. What you do is during your purchase phase. Most tanks have some carrying capacity. This is ussually small, six and under(that is unless you are playing the soviets). Well here is what you do. For that company of great heavy tanks that you bought but have no smoke for, you buy four platoons of 2 men recon patrols(1-2 smoke rounds) and or 4 man recon squads (3-4 smoke rounds). Now you say to yourself I am waisting points that I could use to buy other troops. Well my friend the answer is that spending points on recon troops is never a waste, and what better way to make sure your tanks do not get ambushed by those pesky ATG then having there own personal scout. Third (was I counting) a four man recon squad many times will be able to suppress an ATG enough for you to finish it off with your heavy tank without any opportunity fire. And finally if you can save 2-3 tanks in a battle by doing this you have effectivly paid for all the recon units you purchased.
Now I am not saying that this type of warfair is for everyone or for every map environment (personnally I do not use a lot of tanks in wood-ambushed or swamps-sink), but immagine how supprised your opponent would be if you showed up with just heavy tanks and scouts.



