To all who have NOT received the Game

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

To all who have NOT received the Game

Post by rawink »

Ok, I have vented a couple times now about ordering next day air, and paying the heavy price for it.. only to see my status as "NEW" two days after it was supposed to have been here.

PLEASE.. contact David Heath in Email
Ok guys

Our warehouse ships all overnights, then 2 day, then 3day, then ground shipments. Its not by when you ordered buy by the type of shipping you picked.

In the future if you want to be first please order the better shipping. All orders that have not shipped yet should be shipped today.

If anyone has paid for UPS overnight or 2 day and it still says new please email me with your MTX# and phone number at davidh@matrixgames.com
I used Paypal to order my game, my paypal shows that Matrix got the money on the 11th.. however this is usually an automated procedure. Mr. Heath had to go in and MANUALLY accept my payment. That was my delay, and I have been assured that my copy will ship today, and hopefully soon my order status will be updated in my Matrix account.

I am still frustrated.. but now it is displaced. It wasn't Matrix's fault.. or anyone elses, just something stupid that happened between two computer networks.

IF you odered it express delivery and have no been delivered yet, PLEASE email David heath with your info, He actually called me on the Phone to discuss my oder. I think that is incredible! Electronic Arts would never do that! So now I will patiently await my package tomorrow. Just having knowledge of what is going on makes a world of difference. So if you are frustrated and angry.. FIND OUT whats going on. It makes the waiting easier.

thansk again Mr.Heath, I am a lot happier with my situation now.
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
Hartmann
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Hartmann »

Just wanted to say that I hope you will soon have the game in your hands, rawink.
And I'm sure, looking back you will find that it was worth all that trouble. :)

Hartmann
rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

Post by rawink »

even if my money was LOST.. I would send another $74 for another copy. I will have this game at ay cost! MUWAHAHAHAH!

I told Mr. heath that if it wasnt here tomorrow, I would catch a plane to Cali and pick one up PERSONALLY! lol
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
IChristie
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by IChristie »

Well that really sucks buddy. It's too bad when someone as excited as you obviously are gets the dirty end of the stick.

I hope you get your hands on your copy soon. I agree with Hartmann that it will be worth it once you have it in hand.

Just in case it makes you feel better, I haven't got my full copy yet either (just got off the phone with DH and it's on the way, though:) ).

I have only been associated with Matrix for a little over six months but I can honestly say that I have always found David to be an entirely fair and reasonable individual and if you have a problem, I am certain that he and the staff will do everything they can to help sort it out to your satisfaction.
Iain Christie
-----------------
"If patience is a virtue then persistence is it's part.
It's better to light a candle than stand and curse the dark"

- James Keelaghan
1089
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Post by 1089 »

David contacted me, also, and has expedited my order. If you haven't ordered UV yet, you should do so now, or you're gonna feel left out when we are all playing ours.

:)
kp
The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:
User avatar
11Bravo
Posts: 527
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2001 8:00 am
Contact:

Post by 11Bravo »

Did any of you order ground shipping? I pre-ordered on May 2 with UPS ground shipping but still show up as "New".

Are you suggesting that it should have shipped by now?
Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.
rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

Post by rawink »

I do not know 11B..

All I have "Seen" posted is that all expedited orders SHOULD have been shipped by now, if they havent, then you should contact somebody.

btw.. I was an 11B myself once upon a time :) 3/75th Rgt at Benning. :) Good to see another ground pounding light fighter
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
User avatar
David Heath
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 5:00 pm

Post by David Heath »

Every order ( Ground included ) should be out the door today.

David
rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

Post by rawink »

Mr. Heath? Will our order status update on the site? or will we just receive the goods? just curious. I just found out I have an emergency job out of town tomorrow and wont be there to play it anyway until late tomorrow night :) Just my luck!
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
stretch
Posts: 638
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:00 am

Post by stretch »

I get the feeling David is gonna be in dire need of a beer or 6 tonight.
rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

Post by rawink »

He egts my game here tomorrow, and I will "Overnight" him a 12 pack! heheh make take 4 days to arrive tho :)
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
Echo
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ohio

Patience

Post by Echo »

Patience my friend.
Peace through superior firepower!
IChristie
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by IChristie »

I get the feeling David is gonna be in dire need of a beer or 6 tonight


I dunno, but I'll bet if someone wanted to offer to pay for a babysitter tonight, he'd take you up on it ;)
Iain Christie
-----------------
"If patience is a virtue then persistence is it's part.
It's better to light a candle than stand and curse the dark"

- James Keelaghan
ccoul
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:43 pm
Location: Linthicum MD

Faith

Post by ccoul »

Well I am glad to hear that all orders should be out today. Will the status be updated by the COB today?? I am just curious. I am really getting torn up by this issue. I know most of my is cause by my overwhelming need to get this gmae in my hands. The AAR's, Mogami massive effort to get everyone of us involve in a PBEM game.

I sent David my information. And i wait with anticipation and faith.


:)

OK now AFTER i posted this message. My order now has changed to shipped. :D :D

I know you guys did that on purpose. ;)

Now will it get here before the weekend??
Scouters
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 1:19 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA

USPS Ground Shipping

Post by Scouters »

I pre-ordered on May 2 and chose USPS. I just checked and it now says my status is shipped. It looks like all us "cheapies" will soon be getting our games. Thanks Matrix!

-Scouters
"You know, I've personally flown over 194 missions and I was shot down on every one. Come to think of it, I've never landed a plane in my life."

-Admiral Benson
1089
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: USPS Ground Shipping

Post by 1089 »

Originally posted by Scouters
I pre-ordered on May 2 and chose USPS. I just checked and it now says my status is shipped. It looks like all us "cheapies" will soon be getting our games. Thanks Matrix!

-Scouters
My USPS order from May 1 has also shipped. I think I will have it by Saturday, if the Priority mail system works! Thanks, David.

kp
:)
The Earth is but a hollow nougat, reverberating with the sounds of the big bands... :cool:
rawink
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:32 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Contact:

Post by rawink »

mine still shows as NEW.. starting to get paranoid agian..
Robert
Fly, die.. rinse and repeat
mr.gman
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:00 am
Location: North Carolina

Post by mr.gman »

I ordered ground...cost me over 10 bucks and won't be here until May 21st (according to the UPS website). UPS was the only shipping option I could get...would have prefered the USPS priority mail but oh well. I tell you what was strange...it would have been 2 dollars cheaper to mail it to my PO box 20 miles away then to my home address but UPS won't send mail to PO boxes
User avatar
The Gnome
Posts: 1215
Joined: Fri May 17, 2002 2:52 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Post by The Gnome »

Ordered mine yesterday, it hasn't shipped yet. Unfortunately, you aren't able to change the delivery type once the order is placed so I'm stuck with the slowest method (must have mis-clicked thought I got overnight). Oh well hopefully it goes out tomorrow.
User avatar
brisd
Posts: 613
Joined: Sat May 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: San Diego, CA

another USPS shipper

Post by brisd »

I preordered on May 2 and selected USPS, which was cheapest but probably as fast as UPS ground as they are shipping in California. Personally I think Next Day Air or Express Shipping for something like this, a game from a small overworked company is a waste of money. It took three days to get my order out the door for example!

Yes, I got home and had an YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED Email waiting for me and even a USPS tracking#. Sweet - there is a slim chance I will have it tomorrow, otherwise Monday morning as I shipped it to work address. So there is hope for the cheap guys out there - at least we aren't out of $29 for non-express service. :p Lesson learned with Matrix - go the cheap shipping route as it ain't gonna get there much faster.
"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”