Superbowl XLII Predictions
Moderator: maddog986
Superbowl XLII Predictions
With the AFC and NFC Championship games being played, it is a good time to stop by the Maximum Football Forum and predict the winner of Superbowl XLII.
Just drop by the Red Zone in the Maximum Football Forum area and post your prediction in the pinned topic.
Please post your predicted score.
Let's see how well you can do.
There are also other NFL and CFL polls up as well, and new football topics are welcome in the Red Zone!
Maximum Football Forum
Just drop by the Red Zone in the Maximum Football Forum area and post your prediction in the pinned topic.
Please post your predicted score.
Let's see how well you can do.
There are also other NFL and CFL polls up as well, and new football topics are welcome in the Red Zone!
Maximum Football Forum
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
45-28 New England over the Packers.
Lol yeah I skipped past the nfc/afc championships why waste time with the miniscule?
Lol yeah I skipped past the nfc/afc championships why waste time with the miniscule?
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
Here is the direct link to the Red Zone!
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=412
The poll includes all four teams still alive.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=412
The poll includes all four teams still alive.
-
anarchyintheuk
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
45 - 0 New England over the Giants. 
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
- Capt. Harlock
- Posts: 5379
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Los Angeles
- Contact:
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
ORIGINAL: ravinhood
45 - 0 New England over the Giants.![]()
It didn't work that way the last time they met!
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?
--Victor Hugo
--Victor Hugo
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
ORIGINAL: ravinhood
45 - 0 New England over the Giants.![]()
It didn't work that way the last time they met!
I won't be surprised if the Giants actually won. I think it will be close like the last game they played.
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock
ORIGINAL: ravinhood
45 - 0 New England over the Giants.![]()
It didn't work that way the last time they met!
That was last time and this is just for more than the super bowl victory this is for the most undefeated team in history. So, they'll probably run up the score and the kid Manning for the giants will be so nervous he'll turn over the ball 3 or 4 times in interceptions or fumbles.
I have to say though this has been the most unexpected upsets in playoff history I've seen in my lifetime. Should the Giants actually win I think I'll quit watching football it's all fixed. lol Dallas and Greenbay both who led the league in everything get beat by these misfits from NY? lol It's gotta be fixed. They should change it to best 2 out of 3 I hate these cinderella teams getting into the super bowl.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
- Arctic Blast
- Posts: 1157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:58 am
- Contact:
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
Dallas was overrated. Their offensive line absolutely cannot pass block one on one, and that Giants D-line ate them alive. Also, their receiving corps as a whole isn't good. You couldn't expect much from Terry Glenn, seeing as he'd only played one game all year, so it was owns, Witten and Crayton again. Now that's a nice trio (unless Crayton is having one of his off games, as it turned out he was, when he doesn't seem to be able to communicate to his hands that they should be catching the ball), but they can't spread the field at all to create some different looks for the defense to react to, because their other receivers are spare parts.
Green Bay simply collapsed. Favre didn't play well, and their playcalling on offense was simply stupid. You don't abandon the run that early, and you don't keep trying pass patterns where everyone is running 30 yards downfield! Mix it up!
Green Bay simply collapsed. Favre didn't play well, and their playcalling on offense was simply stupid. You don't abandon the run that early, and you don't keep trying pass patterns where everyone is running 30 yards downfield! Mix it up!
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
-
anarchyintheuk
- Posts: 3958
- Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: Dallas
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
I'm biased but the o-line for Dallas wasn't overrated just overweight. They stuffed the Giants and other decent d-lines during the year. Contrary to usual football logic I think the long drives (one drive was 20 plays, think the other was 16 or so) actually wore out the o-line for Dallas, not NY. The Giants only had pressure on the last two drives of the Cowboys in the 4th quarter.
Scattershooting:
IMO Garret's playcalling in the second half was pretty suspect.
Ware and Barber were the only Cowboys to play well.
The Cowboys were outcoached and outplayed.
I anticipate enjoying this year's Superbowl only for drinking and fesitive purposes, not football ones (which is not unusual).
Scattershooting:
IMO Garret's playcalling in the second half was pretty suspect.
Ware and Barber were the only Cowboys to play well.
The Cowboys were outcoached and outplayed.
I anticipate enjoying this year's Superbowl only for drinking and fesitive purposes, not football ones (which is not unusual).
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
I've just never liked the playoff structure of football as opposed to baseball. They should play the best 2 out of 3 and eliminate wild card teams completely. We have a 4 division structure now in both the nfc and afc so there's no reason it couldn't be changed to a 2 of 3 and play two games a week. One on Sunday and one on Thursday.
This would put these cinderella teams like the Giants out of the playoffs and then the best teams would be playing for the championships. Dallas was hardly overrated, Romo just didn't have his stuff like he normally does in the 2nd half. They had two opportunities to win in the 4th and just blew them both. I personally don't think they get the ball to TO enough. He chucks it off to Whitten like he's the only player on the team sometimes. Barber played excellent, but, they got his number rather early and started tackling him below the waist and he didn't get the huge yardage after that. He's no Emmitt Smith that's for sure, but, he is a bull. It just goes to show on any given Sunday a 2nd rate team can get lucky and win. Remember back when Aikman first started they went like 1-15 that year and beat the super bowl champ Washington Redskins, not in the super bowl mind you, but, still in regular season they beat the best team in football. I still look for New England to pulverize the Giants as they should because they are such a better team overall. But, with the way cinderella has been playing in the playoffs a miracle could happen and they might get to goto Disneyland. 
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
-
James Ward
- Posts: 1163
- Joined: Tue May 09, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
ORIGINAL: ravinhood
I've just never liked the playoff structure of football as opposed to baseball. They should play the best 2 out of 3 and eliminate wild card teams completely. We have a 4 division structure now in both the nfc and afc so there's no reason it couldn't be changed to a 2 of 3 and play two games a week. One on Sunday and one on Thursday.![]()
That is a pretty brutal schedule at the end of a season. I like the idea of a multi-game playoff though. I think it would have to be the 4 teams with the best record as opposed to the 4 Division winners. There have been 9-7 division winners and 9-7 should only get you a good seat in front of your TV [:)]
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
Sports should be about the best teams in the leagues, not who is the luckiest in the playoffs. Basketball doesn't have a hard time having several 5 game and 7 game playoff series. Get rid of 9-7 teams in the playoffs. 
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik!
and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?
- JudgeDredd
- Posts: 8362
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
- Location: Scotland
- Arctic Blast
- Posts: 1157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:58 am
- Contact:
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
I still think Dallas was overrated, if for no other reason than Wade Phillips is a great defensive co-ordinator, but not much of a head coach. And now, with his O-Co-ordinator making more money than him, the innerworkings of that staff should be...interesting.
I dunno, I LIKE playoff upsets. And going to a series doesn't necessarily change anything. Look at hockey...every single playoff, some number 2 gets smoked by a number 7 that's just playing red hot as the season ends. As for the NBA, their playoffs became less compelling when they dropped the first round 5 game series and went to all sevens.
I dunno, I LIKE playoff upsets. And going to a series doesn't necessarily change anything. Look at hockey...every single playoff, some number 2 gets smoked by a number 7 that's just playing red hot as the season ends. As for the NBA, their playoffs became less compelling when they dropped the first round 5 game series and went to all sevens.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
As for the Cowboys I think that Romo is overated. He has a good O line and usually a fair amount of time but he still did not close. I just do not see him as a franchise QB.
As for the Patriots-Giants I think the Giants will pull it off. There is a huge amount of pressure on the Pats and I really do not think that Brady is the best QB in the NFL. He is very good, but not great. He just haa a lot of time this season and Randy Moss and Welker make him look great.
Giants 24 - Pats 20
As for the Patriots-Giants I think the Giants will pull it off. There is a huge amount of pressure on the Pats and I really do not think that Brady is the best QB in the NFL. He is very good, but not great. He just haa a lot of time this season and Randy Moss and Welker make him look great.
Giants 24 - Pats 20

- Arctic Blast
- Posts: 1157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:58 am
- Contact:
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
ORIGINAL: ORANGE
As for the Cowboys I think that Romo is overated. He has a good O line and usually a fair amount of time but he still did not close. I just do not see him as a franchise QB.
As for the Patriots-Giants I think the Giants will pull it off. There is a huge amount of pressure on the Pats and I really do not think that Brady is the best QB in the NFL. He is very good, but not great. He just haa a lot of time this season and Randy Moss and Welker make him look great.
Giants 24 - Pats 20
So, if it's just his receivers, how do you explain all the previous seasons, putting up big numbers while throwing to 'all stars' like Reche Caldwell and David Givens? Is Brady the best ever? no, it's insanely premature when people start making comments like that. Is he the best in the game right NOW? He just might be.
Besides, you don't seem to mention how the decimated Giants secondary is going to COVER Moss and Welker. And, for me, that's the biggest reason that New England will win the game. New york has a good pass rush, but New England has a good offensive line, so they aren't going to be in Brady's face every snap like they were in Garcia's face every snap in the Tampa game. Also, the Pats have re-discovered their running game, so you can't just play pass D every down. I think it's going to be a closer game than the line indicates, probably something like 29-19.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
- Prince of Eckmühl
- Posts: 2459
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:37 pm
- Location: Texas
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
B-L-O-W-O-U-T 
PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
I explain his previous seasons to cheating. Just like this season.ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast
So, if it's just his receivers, how do you explain all the previous seasons, putting up big numbers while throwing to 'all stars' like Reche Caldwell and David Givens? Is Brady the best ever? no, it's insanely premature when people start making comments like that. Is he the best in the game right NOW? He just might be.
Besides, you don't seem to mention how the decimated Giants secondary is going to COVER Moss and Welker. And, for me, that's the biggest reason that New England will win the game. New york has a good pass rush, but New England has a good offensive line, so they aren't going to be in Brady's face every snap like they were in Garcia's face every snap in the Tampa game. Also, the Pats have re-discovered their running game, so you can't just play pass D every down. I think it's going to be a closer game than the line indicates, probably something like 29-19.


- Arctic Blast
- Posts: 1157
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:58 am
- Contact:
RE: Superbowl XLII Predictions
You know, I had started on a long winded reply about how ridiculously simplistic your whole "They won everything through cheating" is, but what's the point? It isn't worth my time. Enjoy your time in conspiracy world.
Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.





