From here to...well...it SEEMS like an eternity

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

With 251 Coy, Royal Engineers

Post by Cap Mandrake »

******Positions of 251 Coy, RE, Attached to 7th Armoured, 5 miles from the Mandalay/Myitkynia rail line, 20:05: Nover 23, 1942******

Lt. Uppington-Smythe stands atop the command Bren carrier and speaks to those of the company who are not on guard duty.

Men, and I think I may be permitted to call you that even though many of you are very young. So young, in fact, that I am reminded of my younger days at Eaton. Ah, yes, it was a glorious time. But I digress. I have called you here as I have just returned from battalion and I have some bloody great news! Tomorrow, we, the men of 251 Company, Royal Engineers are going to give the Imperial Japanese Army a bloody great black eye! Do you remember that swath of cretaceous fossils we lost on day one? Well, we, you and I, are going to cross that little stream over there and bloody well take them back! Machine guns? Knee mortars? Bayonettes? Type 2's? HAH! We don't fear their weapons. We are 251 Coy! I say, STAND ASIDE YOU DIRTY YELLOW BASTARDS! WHAT SAY YOU ALL TO THAT!

<his voice rises in pitch and volume. After a few awkward seconds there is a desultory "uzzah" from Sgt. Bonebrake.>

"Yeah, 'ats it. 'uzzah! Come on you lads...."
Image
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: With 251 Coy, Royal Engineers

Post by BrucePowers »

That's about the reaction he'd get from me[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: With 251 Coy, Royal Engineers

Post by DuckofTindalos »

TeeHee... By the way, Eton is spelled without an "a"...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Eaton? Long Eaton?

Post by Cap Mandrake »

**********05:45, November 24, 1942, with 251 Coy, RE*************

<the Lt. and Sgt. bonebrake look out across the clearing. filtered green light is just making it to the forest floor from the canopy overhead>

Lt. Uppington-Smith: I don't like it Sargeant. It's quiet.

Sgt. Bonebrake: Too quiet, sir?

Lt. Uppington-Smith: <turns toward the Sgt> That is astonishing! I was thinking the very same thing. <looks back toward the clearing>

Sgt. Bonebrake: Sir, a number of the boys wanted to know if you met anyone famous at Eton?

Lt. Uppington-Smith: Famous? <looks perplexed> Oh...oh no.....I meant Long Eaton. It's between Nottingham and Derby. I'm afraid it is rather a different place than the Eton you mean. I did meet one chap who could put his entire fist in his mouth. He was rather a local celebrity........

Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Eaton? Long Eaton?

Post by DuckofTindalos »

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Good save, Mandrake!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: 1275psi

Sorry to butt in -any word on Admiral Tabpubs where abouts?

Or has his Honey pot glued him to a unknown location?

His other AAr war is bumped back to page 4!

I think the bathysphere is just pulling in to port. [:)] Just as well. I was trying to manage the US Navy when he was gone. I can't believe how many ships they have. [:)]

Speaking of honey traps, I have an important safety tip. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT program speed dial numbers onto your cellphone unless you know how to lock your keyboard.

Stalker girl accidentally butt-dialed her mother's message machine while we were engaged in an amorous activity. The good news is it took up all the message time on the machine. The bad news is it took up all the message time on the machine...and she saved it.

Honestly, Mandrake, I think you just like her cause she does things like that. Apparently everyone else is too "normal". [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Red sky at night....

Post by Cap Mandrake »

***********Aboard USS Yorktown, November 25, 1942, 19:30**************


<Admiral Halsey, TF Commander, and Captain Buckmaster, ship's Captain, walk toward the stern of the ship, among a dozen F4F's on deck. To the West there is a striking crimson sunset. There is an air of excitiemnt aboard ship>

Admiral Halsey: Red sky at night.....

Captain Buckmaster: Sailor's delight.

Admiral Halsey: <now smiling> Captain, let's kill some Japs!

Captain Buckmaster: Yes Sir!
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

Kamaniwanaleu Club

Post by Cap Mandrake »

**********Kamaniwanaleu Club, Honolulu, November 25, 1942, 19:30**************


<Admiral Kimmel, Admiral Halsey and Capt. Reeves of Wasp sit at an elegant dining table with a white linen tablecloth>

Admiral Halsey: <clasps the hand of the young waiter with both of his hands> Young man, that creme brulet was DIVINE! Please tell the Chef I MUST have that recipe!

<Admiral Kimmel and Capt. Reeves exchange worried glances>
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Kamaniwanaleu Club

Post by DuckofTindalos »

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo


Honestly, Mandrake, I think you just like her cause she does things like that. Apparently everyone else is too "normal". [:D]

There may be some truth to that. Sometimes I feel like one of those Brazilian kids riding the top of speeding trains just for fun.
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by DuckofTindalos »

That's not just in Brazil anymore, you know...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

That's not just in Brazil anymore, you know...

They have been doing in India for over 100 years...but it is at 11 MPH [:)]
Image
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by Cap Mandrake »

**********Aboard USS Juneau, November 25, 1942**********


Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: <shakes hand of approaching US Army officer> Welcome aboard, General. How are my boys treating you?

Lt. Gen Edward "Eddie" Haskell: Fantastic, sir! And, if I may say, your uniform looks great.

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: Thank you, General. I'm afraid we haven't met.

Lt. Gen Edward "Eddie" Haskell: Lt. General Edward Haskell, sir. My friends call me Eddie.

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: Aha! Admiral Edward Adams, US Navy. My friends call me Eadie.

Lt. Gen Edward "Eddie" Haskell: Did you say Eadie, sir?

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: Yes, why do you ask?

Lt. Gen Edward "Eddie" Haskell: Well sir, it's just that, well...erm...uhh..never mind sir. Sir, may I ask where we are headed?

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: General, haven't you been planning for months? I would have thought you would have every tree and pile of bird guano meorized by this time?

No sir. We were just notified 2 days ago. I am quite proud the men responded so quickly. We had a dozen or so with weekend hangovers but they are all aboard now.

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: Oh my, I am having a little heartburn over this. Exactly what unit do you command, General?

Lt. Gen Edward "Eddie" Haskell: 27th ID, Sir.

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: 27th ID? WHAT THE HELL? SOMEBODY GET ME THE 1ST AMPHIB CORPS LOGISTICS OFFICER. GET HIM HERE RIGHT NOW!
Image
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by witpqs »

I hate it when that happens! [:D]
User avatar
saj42
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:02 pm
Location: Somerset, England

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by saj42 »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: Oh my, I am having a little heartburn over this. Exactly what unit do you command, General?

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: 27th ID, Sir.

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: 27th ID? WHAT THE HELL? SOMEBODY GET ME THE 1ST AMPHIB CORPS LOGISTICS OFFICER. GET HIM HERE RIGHT NOW!

Did they have an M&M Writers strike back in '42????
Admiral Eadie's talking to himself [:D] Either that or he's got a split personality.......
Image
Banner by rogueusmc
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Another aspect of the leader bug...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Cap Mandrake
Posts: 20737
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:37 am
Location: Southern California

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Tallyho!

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: Oh my, I am having a little heartburn over this. Exactly what unit do you command, General?

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: 27th ID, Sir.

Admiral Edward "Eadie" Adams: 27th ID? WHAT THE HELL? SOMEBODY GET ME THE 1ST AMPHIB CORPS LOGISTICS OFFICER. GET HIM HERE RIGHT NOW!

Did they have an M&M Writers strike back in '42????
Admiral Eadie's talking to himself [:D] Either that or he's got a split personality.......

Do you want to go to the cornfield with Gen. Marshall? Is that what you want?

Problem fixed.
Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by rtrapasso »

General Eddie Haskell... Hmmmm... i wonder what the Beaver's up to? We know he survives THIS war... [:D]
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by BrucePowers »

This AAR has taken an unexpected direction.[:D]

Let's get back to stalker girl.........[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: The Y? The Y chromosome?

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Before we know it, it'll be McHale's Navy...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”