MGN-safe to be installed?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Fredde
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Goteborg, Sweden

MGN-safe to be installed?

Post by Fredde »

Hello.

Is it safe to install? Just read the thread about hard disk crashes.
"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.
Greybear
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue May 30, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Osceola, AR

Post by Greybear »

Originally posted by Fredde:
Hello.

Is it safe to install? Just read the thread about hard disk crashes.
Fredde, No problem when I installed it, well maybe one weird thing, installed, rebooted, it started installing itself again, now for the scary part, it rebooted itself again. it came up fine. I have not tried it yet.
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

THe vast majority of people seem to have had no problems. But the two people that did have problems are unexplained. Since so many have successfully done it - it is likely a system specific problem.

We are investigating a potential cause, but right now can not find anything in the install that would cause such a problem, unless the install malfunctions.

Bottom line, many people are enjoying MGN - but we don't yet know the cause of the two reported problems. It may be unrelated to the game, or a strange combination of things that MGN is only a part of.

Drake
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Kingston, Canada

Post by Drake »

Will had no problems installing it and it works great. Just on thing after you install you just got to make the changes Paul posted a little back and your all set to go.
Keebler
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Post by Keebler »

I found the source of my earlier crashes. (Run time error 13) It seems MGN did not like connecting through Wingate. I by-passed the server connected direct to my Cable modem and the problem went away.

Well it was replace with an other... Bitchy wife, could not check her ebay auctions while I played SPWAW...

I really need to get SPWAW to run through my WINGATE server. If I keep hogging the connection It will be spring before I get nooky (xeS) again. lol

I can live without the functionality of MGN but if anyone knows how to get SPWAW to run through Wingate server please let me know. Anyone know what ports and protocol SPWAW is using??
If you can't be HAPPY you shouldn't be anything at all!
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”