Building mod... but some questions!

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: EagleMountainDK

User avatar
Stridor
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 am

RE: Building mod... but some questions!

Post by Stridor »

Hi SAF,

Ok for a start (and I agree it is confusing) for your house textures (slopehou.dds) you don't define them with a texture but rather a filename

from your example (but in xml text)

<resource id="bifsloho" filename="Demo_Map/bifsloho.x" />
<resoucre id="slopehou.dds" filename="Demo_Map/slopehou.dds" />

Notice that you need 2 defs the dds is defined with a filename and not a texture.

That will fix your white house problem

Next:

I wouldn't mess with the Demo_MapScene.xml in notepad2007. It is better to do all of it via sceneedit. Read the manual addendum pdf for more info on how scenedit works. Essentially you drag and drop your stuff on the map, right click on the object properties to set buildings types etc, then then save the map. Think of scenedit as a visual xmlnotepad2007. In your SS you have the child "WALL" open and you don't want to mess with that.

If you like post some of your houses and I will make you a custom media.xml and demo_map with your work displayed on it so that you can then take a look at the files and see how it all works for yourself.

I am really looking forward to playing with your work in the game, so anything I can do to help speed up the process I am happy to do.

Regards

S.

User avatar
Biffa
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

RE: Building mod... but some questions!

Post by Biffa »

A picture says a thousand words...

Image

I'm back on the building mod now, it's been a very very frustrating two weeks with no machine!

Sorry for the delay, did say 'Well fingers crossed' hmm that didn't work!

Two weeks of just watching TV in the evenings sucks big time!
rickier65
Posts: 14253
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2000 8:00 am

RE: Building mod... but some questions!

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: SAF_Biffa

A picture says a thousand words...

Image

I'm back on the building mod now, it's been a very very frustrating two weeks with no machine!

Sorry for the delay, did say 'Well fingers crossed' hmm that didn't work!

Two weeks of just watching TV in the evenings sucks big time!

Welcome back - And sorry about your comp. Were you able to salvage the work you had already doone from your harddrive?

Rick


I was beginning to think we weren't going to see your buildings.
User avatar
Biffa
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

RE: Building mod... but some questions!

Post by Biffa »

Typical rural haystacks of the region, summer and winter (uncollected), just to show I'm back working on the pack. [;)]

Image
User avatar
Stridor
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 am

RE: Building mod... but some questions!

Post by Stridor »

Really nice Biffa! I like the map bling, we do need more of it.

Good to see you back in action.

Regards

S.
Post Reply

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”