Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: EagleMountainDK

User avatar
Biffa
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Biffa »

Trying to get this out before the weekend since I'm away playing last of the mohicans in a wood somewhere in Sussex. If I don't manage it then this pack will certainly be available early next week.

Need to tidy up the textures and add the joints for the infantry mounts, then it will be available for download, no church/synagogue this time due to the problems I had for 2 weeks with my machine but expect that in the next pack- there will be many more and hopefully they will be even better now and lot less stressful to make.

Thanks go to Stridor [&o] who's life I have made very difficult recently. spam cry, spam cry, spam beg etc etc.

Anyway watch this space for some juicy screens and the download link when I'm done. Sorry to any of you map makers out there who were expecting this a bit quicker but I really tried.

Image
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39786
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Erik Rutins »

Outstanding! Great work, Biffa, looking forward to these.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
Redleg
Posts: 1317
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Redleg »

These are really going to be a great addition to the game - now the peasant huts are going to look a lot more in keeping with the photos I have seen.  Very nice.
 
Eventually, I hope to see some worker housing for some factory areas.
User avatar
Stridor
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 am

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Stridor »

Yes brilliant, and much better than stock.

I did very little except give a few tips, you did all the hard work and so deserve the kudos.

Now all we need is a new map with these little rippas!



Acually I think Mad Russian is looking for a map maker for one of his excellent HSG scenarios ... hmmmm ...

S.

User avatar
RyanCrierie
Posts: 1327
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:15 am
Contact:

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by RyanCrierie »

Now make a ruined factory for STALINGRAD [:D][:'(]
User avatar
Redleg
Posts: 1317
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 8:00 am

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Redleg »

Wouldn't a large area with factories and other buildings be great?  I would quickly see if the Assault Engineers that Herr Hitler ordered to Stalingrad would be able to deal with Russian SMG squads in the buildings.
 
I am working on Shock SMG squads that appear to be very tough customers.  They are armed with SMGs, RPG-40s (HE explosives), and have Smoke Grenades.
Motomouse
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:51 pm

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Motomouse »

Looking good, providing a nice setting!

Ceterum censeo pantherae ludi impensus vendere
User avatar
GShock
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:56 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA - USA

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by GShock »

Truly the battle of Stalingrad could be worth 10 stock campaigns ... Just have a look at some air pictures and then look at "Enemy at the gates".

I'm amazed to see so many are building so much stuff for this game...if i only had the time to play it, i'd have already bought it!

I.E. I bought EiANW and i just patched it today, then i realized i have never played it....[8|]
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
User avatar
Biffa
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Biffa »

I've rushed it a bit to get it done in time so I've labelled it a Beta. Also next week I will include an addon to it which can be used to simply overwrite the graphic files to make them non-winter since most of the current rooves have frost/snow on them.

The final release will hopefully take into account any comments from you guys here and will include the summer graphics mentioned above. Hopefully the next pack should be simpler and quicker to produce. [:@]

Thanks for your encouragement and ofc thanks go to Stridor [&o].

Some screens-

Image

Image

http://www.4shared.com/file/49458579/e6bbc05d/Biffas-real-estate-pack1_beta_-for-PCK.html

Just thought I'd mention one sweet website that gives you a real flavour for the region and some nice reference material, the pictures certainly inspired me: http://www.galenfrysinger.com/ukraine_folk_museum.htm
User avatar
Stridor
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 am

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Stridor »

now all we need is Erik to ask Kevin about this mythical smoke particle to get smoke outta those chimneys.

I like your little Ukranian Real Estate icon [;)]
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39786
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Erik Rutins »

Whoops, forgot about that - not mythical at all though, check out Winterstorm Level 2 in the Scene Editor.



Image
Attachments
Level2.jpg
Level2.jpg (89.25 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
Stridor
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 am

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Stridor »

Thanks Erik.

That is good news.

I had a look ...

It seems you can't add a particle emiter in scenedit you need to go into the scene xml and do it by hand [:(]

So this goes under the main child list

Code: Select all

 <particleEmitterNodeDo particleEmitterNodeType="SmokePlume">
         <vector x="X" y="Y" z="Z" />
         <orientation yaw="0" pitch="0" roll="0" />
 </particleEmitterNodeDo>
 

Where X/Y/Z are the map coords you want the plume to be.

I had a look in the game dlls and found a whole bunch of others particle emiters like

Smoke
SmokePlume
SmolderCloud
SmolderFlame
SnowExplosion

+ others

But none other than SmokePlume seems to work in the game [:(]

Maybe Kevin can enlighten us further [&o]
User avatar
EagleMountainDK
Posts: 520
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by EagleMountainDK »

Looking great Biffa!
User avatar
Biffa
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Biffa »

Thanks guys, damn 2.40am that was a squeeze.

Maybe save the smoke for a nice ruined buildings set, who's gonna be warming up the bread stove with the German Army rolling through their neighbourhood? [8|] One of my thoughts was to do a totally wasted village with charred and piled bodies behind walls and out in the streets, great way to get the Russian player to fight more aggressively! Anyone seen the movie Elem Klimov's Come and See?

Wondering if using smoke will mean some ppl with basic machines may have problems?

Anyway keep spotting the odd texture that needs tweaking but I'll take the weekend off and await any extra comments. Windmills, barricades, more peasant huts, wreckage etc all coming up.

Here's a nice pic, a bit LoTR but probably pretty close to how dire some of these places would have been:

Image
Motomouse
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:51 pm

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Motomouse »

My Opinion on atrocities and games: I prefer cruelities and war crime not depicted&nbsp; in a game. I do not shut my eyes, but when I deal with grave atrocities, I prefer to refer to literature and art.

Regards
Motomouse


Ceterum censeo pantherae ludi impensus vendere
User avatar
Biffa
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Wiltshire
Contact:

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Biffa »

Well said and a good point, maybe focus on the destruction rather than the gore.

Anyway 1 download means there seems to be no rush for terrain mods of any type atm.
User avatar
junk2drive
Posts: 12856
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:27 am
Location: Arizona West Coast

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by junk2drive »

The title of the thread states immenent release and the download link is hard to find. Plus you label it beta.
&nbsp;
Add to that, people are still trying to figure out how to make new maps.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Motomouse
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:51 pm

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Motomouse »

Biffa, looking forward to your great buildings. Just spending most of my available PCK time on playing the game and&nbsp;editing the blender bike. I thought I wait for the official release, but if you need some feedback on the beta, I will be glad to look at the beta pack.

Thanks for your good looking additions!
Motomouse
Ceterum censeo pantherae ludi impensus vendere
User avatar
von Staudt
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:11 pm

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by von Staudt »

Be patient. There are a lot of very talented scenario designers just getting there feet wet after transitiong from CM. Your work is beautiful and will be utilized to no end in the near future.[&o]
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39786
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Biffa's Real Estate Pack 1 (imminent release)

Post by Erik Rutins »

I actually missed the download link too! I just grabbed it, but it looks like it should be reorganized a bit for easy installation into the game. Stridor or Cougar should be able to help with that.

Thanks, Biffa. With your permission, I'd like to add these into the next official release. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post Reply

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”