Error on Installation (Vista OS)

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
User avatar
Three63
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:41 am
Location: United States (USA), California (CA)
Contact:

Error on Installation (Vista OS)

Post by Three63 »

I've been running the setup on XP SP2 compatibility, Ran as Administrator, Service Account Control off on my Laptop. I know it's not a defective disk because I installed on a different computer running on XP no problem (Big surprise Huh? >_<). I get about 2/3 ways into the installation and an odd error occurs when I get to installing the sound bytes. It says decompression error (#6) read/write fail and it will not continue installing. I've tried installing several times and deleted the partially installed files and even used my nifty Norton tools to clean up windows. At first it error around 070 sound byte and now trying again it errors on 80. Can someone help me? I'm really pissed I got play this great game on my desktop. Damn Vista to hell.

[&:]
Three63 of The Blitz Wargaming Club
http://www.theblitz.org/
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”