Disregard...

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

What were we talking about again......
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

Well, the salons of Paris
Swelled with revolutionary sympathies,
And war had faded into
A not-so-threatening memory.
So, Boney found it easy to disturb
Their intellectual reverie
And talk them into believing
That the state was he.

Do you think anyone remembers us from the boulevard
Where we braved that whiff of grapeshot
Coming down from the Tuileries?
And swore to each other
We'd live our lives in total disregard
Of the dangers that come with being truly free.


Forget I said that...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
Gem35
Posts: 3420
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

RE: Disregard...

Post by Gem35 »

Disregard this.[:D][:D]
It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

[center]Image[/center]
[center]Banner By Feurer Krieg[/center]
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

Well, the salons of Paris
Swelled with revolutionary sympathies,
And war had faded into
A not-so-threatening memory.
So, Boney found it easy to disturb
Their intellectual reverie
And talk them into believing
That the state was he.

Do you think anyone remembers us from the boulevard
Where we braved that whiff of grapeshot
Coming down from the Tuileries?
And swore to each other
We'd live our lives in total disregard
Of the dangers that come with being truly free.


Forget I said that...


Is that yours Pasternakski, or a quote from something else?
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
Is that yours Pasternakski, or a quote from something else?
It's from one of my forgettable songs that ought to be disregarded.

It draws a parallel from Napoleon, Lenin, and Martin Luther King by the time I'm done performing it and look up to see that my audience has become completely disgusted and left.

Never mind.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

I find the quote you used interesting.

I have always found it interesting that the French went monarchy to revolutionary committee to emperor.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

And then back to monarchy.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: Disregard...

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

Steve. This is the disregard thread. You gotta stop rememberin' stuff. Me, I'm almost 60 and don't have a memory anymore, so I don't have that problem.

Unnamed poster: "Hey, Pas, how much memory you got on your computer?"
Pas: "I got a computer?"

With recent studies suggesting that our memory isn't really affected by age - it's just that the older you get the more crap you have to sift through to bring back that particular memory - those of us WITPers are probably in worse shape than most since we all have so much in the way of esoteric crap filed into our memories...

"Honey, did you mail the insurance payment?"

"Yes, dear, I shipped it off to Noumea yesterday."

"You shipped it where????"
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

I usually ship mine to Timor[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
With recent studies suggesting that our memory isn't really affected by age - it's just that the older you get the more crap you have to sift through to bring back that particular memory - those of us WITPers are probably in worse shape than most since we all have so much in the way of esoteric crap filed into our memories...

"Honey, did you mail the insurance payment?"

"Yes, dear, I shipped it off to Noumea yesterday."

"You shipped it where????"
Are you suggestin' that us older WitPers are a bunch of crapheads?

Can't say I disagree...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

I usually ship mine to Timor[:D]
In a Manila envelope?
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

I usually ship mine to Timor[:D]
In a Manila envelope?

Won't it go someplace else then?[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

I usually ship mine to Timor[:D]
In a Manila envelope?

Won't it go someplace else then?[:D]
Probably get Shanghaied.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

Might it end up on a slow boat to China?
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: Disregard...

Post by bradfordkay »

Unless it finds itself on the road to Mandalay...
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Unless it finds itself on the road to Mandalay...
We Hope not.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by BrucePowers »

Might not be so bad if it ended up on the Road to Singapore...........
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Might not be so bad if it ended up on the Road to Singapore...........
I guess it's just a Crosby you have to bear.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: Disregard...

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Might not be so bad if it ended up on the Road to Singapore...........
I guess it's just a Crosby you have to bear.

i HOPE not... [:'(]
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

RE: Disregard...

Post by pasternakski »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
i HOPE not... [:'(]
bob ... Bob ... BOB ... I already used that one, but I won't mention it, 'cause I'm Bing tolerant these days...
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”