map editor?

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

map editor?

Post by Belisarius »

Uhmm... a note from the Stupid Questions dept:

Shouldn't it be possible to view custom made maps in the Map Editor? So far, I haven't found a way to do it? :o
Image
Got StuG?
DerC
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon May 13, 2002 3:17 pm
Location: Finland

Post by DerC »

In the editor screen, click on the 'Load' button in the map-section. Then choose the custom made map you want from the list and continue. When you now press the 'Edit' button, the map should show up in the editor. I hope this is what you meant :)
If you're ever having an argument with an idiot make sure he isn't.
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

I must be daft....

I load the map, and the screen turns all blue. :confused: No map, no "edit" button??
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

Originally posted by Belisarius
I must be daft....

I load the map, and the screen turns all blue. :confused: No map, no "edit" button??
The custom map must first be loaded in the Maps folder (as I'm sure you knew), in an empty slot. If you're not getting an Edit button after loading, something is wrong. Are you using the game Editor just above the Preferences button on the game menu "Solitaire" page? Check the map folder to see if all the files are there for the particular map: there should be at least three files - .cmt, .rec & .dat, and sometimes a .txt also. If you get a blank screen after doing Load and hitting Edit in the Editor, look to the little screen at the bottom right, you may just be off the map and need to move onto it. At the very worst, if you try to load an empty slot, you should get a plain green "map." BTW, do NOT use the Custom buttom before loading the map, and don't load any scenario. Just open the Editor and then the map Load button on the left.
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
User avatar
Resisti
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Livorno, Italy

Post by Resisti »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression he's talking about Fred Chlanda WAWMAP..
Then, the blue screen is ok.
After you loaded your map, you have to go to "files" menu, then click on "set shp directory" and look for the "shp" folder within your Spwaw main folder.Once there, click on the first "iconxxx.shp" file you encounter (no matter which one).
Then come back to the main (blu) screen of WAWMap editor, and start moving around with the scroll bars: slowly you map will start appearing.
All this, cause the program must be "informed" where he has to get the terrain tiles from, which it will use to visualize your map.

Hope it's clear enough :)
Federico "Resisti" Doveri
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Originally posted by Resisti
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression he's talking about Fred Chlanda WAWMAP..
Then, the blue screen is ok.
After you loaded your map, you have to go to "files" menu, then click on "set shp directory" and look for the "shp" folder within your Spwaw main folder.Once there, click on the first "iconxxx.shp" file you encounter (no matter which one).
Then come back to the main (blu) screen of WAWMap editor, and start moving around with the scroll bars: slowly you map will start appearing.
All this, cause the program must be "informed" where he has to get the terrain tiles from, which it will use to visualize your map.

Hope it's clear enough :)
Quite right, Resisti!

That did the trick! thanks! :D
Image
Got StuG?
User avatar
RockinHarry
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by RockinHarry »

Originally posted by Resisti
Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression he's talking about Fred Chlanda WAWMAP..
Then, the blue screen is ok.
After you loaded your map, you have to go to "files" menu, then click on "set shp directory" and look for the "shp" folder within your Spwaw main folder.Once there, click on the first "iconxxx.shp" file you encounter (no matter which one).
Then come back to the main (blu) screen of WAWMap editor, and start moving around with the scroll bars: slowly you map will start appearing.
All this, cause the program must be "informed" where he has to get the terrain tiles from, which it will use to visualize your map.

Hope it's clear enough :)
Thanks resisti, you got it straight to the point! :) I also was thinking of Freds WaW Map Editor while reading about the "blue screen". That was it!

________
Harry
RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann
Post Reply

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”