Bug

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Machean
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Bug

Post by Machean »

I am currently playing preparing the way and in the first senario my m8 greyhound was hit by a 7.5mm french machinegun and it blew up!?! The hit was registerd as a top hit. I am pretty shure this is a bug, right?
Bang, Bang, your dead!
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

If it was a top hit on an M-8 (which is open topped, it could conceivably hit ammo, perhaps a ricochet and caused an explosion.

The explosion effect always takes place when an AFV is killed, whether it actually exploded or not.

So probably it is not a bug.

Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Machean
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Machean »

Thanks Bill for that explanation, It makes sense now. I was only so shocked when it happened, you know in the heat of battle, great game by the way best I ever played in ww2 era.
Bang, Bang, your dead!
User avatar
frank1970
Posts: 941
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Bayern

Post by frank1970 »

There is another bug: when you order an air assault with an artillery attack before, you have the following problem:
the last Airlanding happens at the position you ordered the last artillery target.
YOu can see the land icon, which is then changed to artillery. The next target is the same!
If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”