Harbin and supply

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Post Reply
Chris21wen
Posts: 7910
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

Harbin and supply

Post by Chris21wen »

On day one Harbin had supply was 13K, size 6 A/F, 3 forts and an a/c factory producing Nates 26 (0). I changed the manufacture to Tojos and increased the size to 26 (12). I also set A/F and forts to expand. After 6 months supply hoved around 8K, the A/F had reached 9, forts 7 but the factory has not been repaired. I'd also moved the Kwantung HQ to Harbin.

I've now stop all expansion, moved out LCU but instaed of the supply increasing to above 10K its now fallen to 4K. Anybody any ideas?
Adnan Meshuggi
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2001 8:00 am

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by Adnan Meshuggi »

To repair your factory you burn supply.
Also, to expand your factory you burn supply.
 
it is no good idea to expand japanese industry to quick and you should really really really think about enlarging the numbers.
Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by Mynok »

You have to have at least 10k supply at the base in order for factories to repair.

Ooops...didn't read well enough. [8|]

I agree with the post below.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
Uamaga
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: Kraków, Poland

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by Uamaga »

Not neccessary a good idea but I would try opposite move: bring as many divisions as needed to raise base required supply level well above 5k supply (preferably close to 10k) and supply system should take care of supplying the base in the 2*required level of supply - assuming your overall supply situation in Ch-M-K area is good enough. Bringing more aircraft may also raise reuired supply level a bit. Trying to supply via air (there used to be a few Topsy/Lilly here) may also help (but not much).

BTW I don't belive that moving Command HQs does a much help in regard of supply level (if at all) for Japanese... (for Allies, things work quite a bit dfifferent but even then I doubt they "move" existing supply)

User avatar
FeurerKrieg
Posts: 3400
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Denver, CO

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by FeurerKrieg »

The quick fix is to bring in a pile of aircraft. That will push up the supply requirement. I think heavier bombers will push it up faster. As mentioned above, once you see required supply above 5K, auto supply will take care of the rest. (Provided you have enough supply on the mainland.)
Image
Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks
Chris21wen
Posts: 7910
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by Chris21wen »

OK I moved in some LB and now I've got enough supply.
 
ORIGINAL:  Uamaga
BTW I don't belive that moving Command HQs does a much help in regard of supply level (if at all) for Japanese... (for Allies, things work quite a bit dfifferent but even then I doubt they "move" existing supply)

That goes against the manual. 8.1.1 states that a Command HQ will try and stock pile 25K extra supply.  Anybody confirm one way or another?
 
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by Nomad »

It will, but the base must be assigned to that Command HQ.
Yamato hugger
Posts: 3791
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:38 am

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by Yamato hugger »

It is.
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

It will, but the base must be assigned to that Command HQ.

I learned something today! [8D]

Now, the hard part, trying to remember it. [;)]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Chris21wen
Posts: 7910
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cottesmore, Rutland

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

It will, but the base must be assigned to that Command HQ.


It has been since the beginning of the game but supply was not forthcoming. It was not until I moved in the LBs did supply reach 10K
User avatar
sventhebold
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: From MN now AZ Prescott Valley

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by sventhebold »

Now, the hard part, trying to remember it. [;)] Quote

UUgh Remember What??????

We have many threads about how to actually play this game ......maybe an Idiots guide to WITP is in order[8|][8|][8|]

My brain cells never seem to get everything right two campaigns in a row using the same plan!!!!!!!
ssgt usaf 84-91 f-15a/c ops puke 525 tfs & 7th tfs
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

It will, but the base must be assigned to that Command HQ.
Never heard that before, interesting. Can you give us a source?
Image
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by Nomad »

whatever
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by VSWG »

If a friendly base is in a hex with a Command HQ, the base will attempt to stockpile 25000 extra
supplies. This is in addition to whatever supplies would normally try to move to the base to meet
current and expected supply needs of the forces in the hex.
Doesn't say that the base has to be attached to that Command HQ...
Image
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by Nomad »

ORIGINAL: VSWG
If a friendly base is in a hex with a Command HQ, the base will attempt to stockpile 25000 extra
supplies. This is in addition to whatever supplies would normally try to move to the base to meet
current and expected supply needs of the forces in the hex.
Doesn't say that the base has to be attached to that Command HQ...

Whatever, I guess I just don't know anything.

But I do know that is the way it works for me. You can do what you want.

User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Harbin and supply

Post by VSWG »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Whatever, I guess I just don't know anything.
That's certainly not true...

I didn't want to pick on you, I just wanted to dig a little deeper. Your statement may be true, but I need some proof beyond personal experience before I can add such information to the List of Must Read Threads or the WitP Wiki . That's why I asked, nothing personal...
But I do know that is the way it works for me. You can do what you want.
Fair enough...
Image
Post Reply

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”