Sounds and Saves

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Post Reply
Waylander
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Pattaya, Chonburi, Thailand
Contact:

Sounds and Saves

Post by Waylander »

I am running SPWAW 7.0,(or maybe 7.1 with the space in between "Matrix" and "Games" )I have a couple of small issues.
1, British commandos (early), I do not get any sound for the 9mm Sten when it fires, can anyone tell me the wav file this comes from and maybe a good replacement if it is corrupted.
2, When I save from the victory screen, and later try to reload this game it always hangs with "mech.exe not responding", any saves at other times are fine. This happens on both my Sony Vaio 316MP laptop and my home made tower beastie, both are running Win XP Pro.
regards
Waylander:):confused:
"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terrors. Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival."
User avatar
Resisti
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Livorno, Italy

Post by Resisti »

Question 1:

Your commandos probably are using the silenced version of Sten: look at its full name; if it is Mk2s, that's it!
The "s" at the end stands for "silenced", infact.

Question 2:

I don't know, sorry :)
Federico "Resisti" Doveri
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

I need to know if your running 7.0 or 7.1. It's in the startup screen when SPWAW starts because a properly install SPWAW is installed to the MatrixGames directory with no space between Matrix and Games. My quess is it's probably 7.0 if your getting a mech error. If you have the time and patience let me know what full version you have of SPWAW, I would like to start you fresh with clean installs, but this will be your call that way I know all the files have been installed correctly and upgraded properly removing the what if problem, which I already have by you saying the directory is Matrix Games and not MatrixGames.
Waylander
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Pattaya, Chonburi, Thailand
Contact:

Post by Waylander »

Hi Gmenfan, Yes it was Version 7.0. However just to add to the mix I have just downloaded and installed 7.1 , The installation was fine and the menu screen now reads 7.1. If you think a clean install would work then thats OK. I patched this version up from the version with the desert Fox MC (5.3??). the upgrade to 7.0 was down with the watchtower MC CD.

regards
Waylander
"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terrors. Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival."
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

Probably not required due to you installing 7.0 from WT CD. After 7.1 let us know if you are still having problems.
Waylander
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Pattaya, Chonburi, Thailand
Contact:

update etc

Post by Waylander »

Cheers gmenfan, I will keep an eye on things.
Oh and thanks resisti, they were indeed silenced (damned effective those WW2 silencers!!).

regards
Waylander
"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terrors. Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival."
Post Reply

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”