I cannot stop playing this game.

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
Echo
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ohio

I cannot stop playing this game.

Post by Echo »

God, please, someone help me. My eyes are bleeding.
Peace through superior firepower!
User avatar
U2
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Västerås,Sweden
Contact:

Re: I cannot stop playing this game.

Post by U2 »

Originally posted by Echo
God, please, someone help me. My eyes are bleeding.
Its 2am and I'm still playing! Help!:) :D
Dan
AlvinS
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: O'Fallon, Missouri
Contact:

Post by AlvinS »

We have been assimilated. Resistance is futile.:D
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
Huskalator
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu May 16, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Kansas

Post by Huskalator »

Oh yeah, the "just one more turn" effect has set in big time here.
User avatar
Raverdave
Posts: 4882
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Melb. Australia

Post by Raverdave »

You guys should have read the warning on the side of the pack before you opened it! I know how you feel!
Image


Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
thantis
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cooksville, MD

Post by thantis »

My wife bought a kitchen timer just to limit my game time. When she sees my on the computer playing UV she pulls out the timer, sets it for an hour, and makes sure I get off the computer when the timer goes off.:(
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon.....
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

YIKES!!!

Post by mogami »

Hi, How long do you have to stay off before you can play again?
15-20 minutes?
When you get a little older prehaps she will let you stay up later...oh wait, you said wife I was thinking Momma for some reason (LOL)
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Point Luck
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 6:24 pm
Location: East Coast-US

Post by Point Luck »

My wife is tickled pink that I sitting in my office with my little eyes bugging out. She's gets the large screen TV, the couch and the kitchen. I get to play my game, watch the history channel and take of our new puupy KUJO (Fair Trade Ugh ).

The real problem is I have to play five or six oppnents just keep the flow of turns coming in. I'm still only getting 1-2 hours play time in a day. half of that dedicated to game managment instead of play. No where near enough to support my habit. HELP ME I NEED ANOTHER FIX
zed
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon May 20, 2002 8:42 pm

Post by zed »

These are some things I may suggest to my fellow uv-ers to help take the edge off during those times when we are unable to access our drug of choice:
1- Go over possible strategies(carry a small atlas of the area, or better yet, military maps of the area, ie West point atlas of the Pacific War)
2- Read and reread the rule book, try to memorize as much as possible
3- Reading history books about the period. (ie, Touched by Fire, Fire in the SKy, Samuri, Morisons' History of Naval operations( at least 3 volumes pertain to our game)
AlvinS
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: O'Fallon, Missouri
Contact:

Post by AlvinS »

I'm leaving on a weeks vacation tomorrow, so I will definitely be going through withdrawls by the end of the week.

I am carrying along a book on the campaign in the south pacific just to keep my spirits up. I guess I'll have to buy a laptop before the next vacation.:D
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
thantis
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Cooksville, MD

Post by thantis »

I think what got to her was going to sleep at 9pm & waking up in the middle of the night to see me still playing at 3:30 in the morning.

She was :mad:

And I was :eek:


The timer is a compromise........I can only get through about four or five turns before that stupid timer goes off and I have to stop playing.

Of course, divorce would be much more expensive......:rolleyes:
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon.....
User avatar
Sabre21
Posts: 7877
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2001 8:00 am
Location: on a mountain in Idaho

Post by Sabre21 »

When I was a kid....many moons ago...we used to sneak in and set the clocks back a couple hours just to get my Dad to go to bed early...the trick was resetting the clocks after he went to bed so he wouldn't wake up at 2 in the morning...hehe. We even would go so far as get the neighbors in on this trick just in case he would call them for the time...which he did once.

So...you need to fix that timer....or set the clocks back:)


Andy
Image
MNH1862
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:00 am

Post by MNH1862 »

Great Game Matrix!....I have been playing computer wargames since 1991.... I have not posted because I am enjoying this game so much....I have many games around my PC but this is the best....My wife hasn't got mad at me yet....hehehehehe....it's only a matter time... my cloaking device is working so far.....hehehehe....
Texans always move em!
User avatar
Caltone
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Raleigh, NC USA

Post by Caltone »

"As the sound of a 1000 lb bomb crashes into the deck of Hiryu, causing the subwoofer to rumble...."

Wife: Oh you're playing that one again? I'm going to bed.


In our 20 years of marriage my wife has bought me exactly 2 games. The first was Myst, which to this day makes a nice coaster. The other was Medal of Honor, bought for my birthday, because she knew I was sad that UV hadn't been released in time for it, even though I had sent a personal plea to Joel :D

Actually she's batting .500 MOH is quite a release when your best laid plans go awry.
"Order AP Hill to prepare for battle" -- Stonewall Jackson
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”