New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!
I'm somewhat new to SPWaW. I have downloaded 7.1 and I'm trying to get the patch, however the link won't complete.
When playing I'm having an increasingly number of problems either moving units at all or moving them in the direction I want. I'm thinking it may be because I don't totaaly know how to play.
I do fine in defense without having to move, but when I go to counterattack I can't get units to move. Help
Go to the prefernces menu and check to see if Command and Control is enabled. If it is, turn it off. Command and Control requires orders to change a units stance or move.
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present" -Hobbes
Also in the same preference screen look and see if move radius is on, when that unit is selected it will show you were that unit can move in that turn. Look in the text box at the bottom of the screen to see if you actually have any moves, you may have used them all up,(it's limited on a turn basis)if your unit is supressed they might not move until you rally them "R" key. Depending on the terrain it takes more movement points to move over certain terrain than others, which is why it may appear you could move in certain directions and not others. Also when cycling between units with the "N" key if it appears that a unit was selected and won't don't anything it might not be on the map yet as it could be an exited unit, offboard artillery, or upcoming reenforcements. First check the C&C option in the preference screen as already pointed out and let us know if these help.
7.1 is the latest and greatest, there is an unofficial OOB update 7.1x that can be found at both Tankheads site and The Armor Site, those files would get extracted into the MatrixGames\SPWAW directory.
I'm always suspcious about Unofficial patches and such, so what's this one do really? Also, if I want to play a game with someone else, will they need 7.1x?
If you can read this, you're at the end of my post.
SPWaW Record: W:0 / L:0 / D:0