Fast Transport bug reloaded

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
User avatar
RGIJN
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: far away from battlefield :-(
Contact:

Fast Transport bug reloaded

Post by RGIJN »

Aren´t sure if there was a solution found for this bug. But I know it was topic here several times already.

Please have a look at this:

tm.asp?m=1835932&mpage=12&#2028612


Furthermore, picking up units by FTs (with DDs or any other proper ships) becomes more and more troublesome. Often it isn´t working at all, and the FT TF returns as empty as sent out. The game has progressed well into September of 1943 yet, so may be such troubles / bugs will pile up late in the game?!?!

Any hints? [&:]
User avatar
Puhis
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 pm
Location: Finland

RE: Fast Transport bug reloaded

Post by Puhis »

I've seen this too, and it's not a late game bug. Sometimes when I try to pick up japanese unit, it's Australian brigade or something like that. Usually I just disband the TF and reform it, and it works then.

I also think that if two or more FT task force tries to load same unit at the same time, it does not (always?) work.
User avatar
RGIJN
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: far away from battlefield :-(
Contact:

RE: Fast Transport bug reloaded

Post by RGIJN »

ORIGINAL: Puhis

I've seen this too, and it's not a late game bug. Sometimes when I try to pick up japanese unit, it's Australian brigade or something like that. Usually I just disband the TF and reform it, and it works then.

tried to disband too, but this never fixed the problem for me. At least not in the same turn. Sometimes it workes one (or more) turn(s) later. But I have the strong suspicion that there is no general solution. [:(]


ORIGINAL: Puhis

I also think that if two or more FT task force tries to load same unit at the same time, it does not (always?) work.

never even dared to do so, due to the mess probably happening then.




User avatar
RGIJN
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: far away from battlefield :-(
Contact:

TRANSPORT bug reloaded

Post by RGIJN »

it seems it is not "just" a fast transport problem, since even barge TFs are affected now.

see here what happened last turn when I tried to load some part of the 17th NavGsn INF...[&:] [X(] [&:]



Image

[font="Verdana"]YEAH - now I have SeeBees too![/font]
Attachments
barges_SeeBees.jpg
barges_SeeBees.jpg (47.68 KiB) Viewed 228 times
User avatar
RGIJN
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: far away from battlefield :-(
Contact:

RE: TRANSPORT bug reloaded

Post by RGIJN »

and see here what happened when I tried to "fix" it... The genius somewhere deep in this game deliberately added a damaged AP, directed the actually requested unit there and the enemy troops are still spread over the barges...
(and no, the unit I wanted to load is NOT to large to fit into the barges, it´s not even 100 men in size)

BTW, DDs sent out to pick up troops returned empty once more...!

[font="Verdana"]WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???[/font]



Image
Attachments
barges_SeeBees02.jpg
barges_SeeBees02.jpg (50.57 KiB) Viewed 228 times
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”