more bugs

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
User avatar
RGIJN
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: far away from battlefield :-(
Contact:

more bugs

Post by RGIJN »

in a PBEM with Fuelli (see AAR) we´re around turn 500 (Sep 1943) and troubles are increasing.

1.) There I have severe problems with transports (see other thread here)

2.) AirTransport of units not always gets the entire LCU to the target destination. Very often a small remainder is left at the base of origin. You are unable to get them out, at least with A/C.
I am speaking of very "normal" LCUs like INF or ENG. Of course no CD or AA with heavy equipment!

3.) We are often "out of sync" though we don´t do anything wrong in handling the game system. This impairs my opponents ability to correctly estimate what actually happened in the last turn. (there were some threads regarding this topic already)

3.) lately, when I merge two partial groups of a certain A/C squadron back together (these beeing the only two parts, no other remnants of this unit left or lost) I get a "new" squadron created. Always A5M Claude fighters with 0 pilots and 0 A/C. It will be gone later on.
If I try to see into this "ghost squadron" by getting on a button within the unit´s window (the little round black ones with a white arrow) the game will crash completely - Windows XP quits the whole UV game and asks for trouble report...

Wow, what is it???

I strongly suspect that as the game becomes more and more complex in its long stretch it generates more and more errors.

Any ideas? [&:][&:][&:]
User avatar
Ike99
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:06 pm
Location: A Sand Road

RE: more bugs

Post by Ike99 »

in a PBEM with Fuelli (see AAR) we´re around turn 500 (Sep 1943) and troubles are increasing.

1.) There I have severe problems with transports (see other thread here)

2.) AirTransport of units not always gets the entire LCU to the target destination. Very often a small remainder is left at the base of origin. You are unable to get them out, at least with A/C.
I am speaking of very "normal" LCUs like INF or ENG. Of course no CD or AA with heavy equipment!

3.) We are often "out of sync" though we don´t do anything wrong in handling the game system. This impairs my opponents ability to correctly estimate what actually happened in the last turn. (there were some threads regarding this topic already)

3.) lately, when I merge two partial groups of a certain A/C squadron back together (these beeing the only two parts, no other remnants of this unit left or lost) I get a "new" squadron created. Always A5M Claude fighters with 0 pilots and 0 A/C. It will be gone later on.
If I try to see into this "ghost squadron" by getting on a button within the unit´s window (the little round black ones with a white arrow) the game will crash completely - Windows XP quits the whole UV game and asks for trouble report...

Wow, what is it???

I strongly suspect that as the game becomes more and more complex in its long stretch it generates more and more errors.

Any ideas?

I have none.
Erik Rutkins-This is part of why air combat was improved in WITP and completely overhauled for the upcoming WITP AE. Unfortunately, for UV this is something we'll have to live with as the development cycle effectively ended quite a while ago. If Justin and his team can fix some issue in the process of working on CF, great, but I wouldn't depend on that.

I think you guys have misunderstood me. I'm not discussing whether things can be fixed in CF, but whether any fixes in CF can be effectively ported back to UV as a patch. UV's development is effectively at an end, CF's is still in progress. UV received a heck of a lot of development attention in its time.

And we all know how how CF is going.
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
User avatar
RGIJN
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: far away from battlefield :-(
Contact:

RE: more bugs

Post by RGIJN »

and we all see the wuthering interest of the "CF developers team" on this (and other) thread... [8|]
User avatar
tocaff
Posts: 4765
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: USA now in Brasil

RE: more bugs

Post by tocaff »

Have you checked to see what the remaining part of the LCU is that air trans won't lift out?  It's possible that the part not lifted doesn't fit into a C-47.

Transport bugs finally got me to give up playing UV as it ruined more than 1 PBEM I was involved in.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”