Is this a bug?

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
User avatar
Puhis
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 pm
Location: Finland

Is this a bug?

Post by Puhis »

Problem is that my kates don't attack, and this was a second time.

I'm playing PBEM game with Mark. First time a week ago Shokaku launch just vals and zeros (and was then badly beaten).

Today at morning phase Zuikaku and Ryujo launch again just vals and zeros. At afternoon phase Zuikaku launch kates, but Ryujo was already badly damaged. So Ruyjo's kates with 70 experience and 99 morale did not fly at all.

We are playing scen 16, so I'm short of carriers anyway, and it's very irritating that I lost them whitout kates even fly... [&:]

Is this a bug or just a bad luck or am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?

Image

Here's Ryujo's kate group, sitting on a burning carrier. That group was definitely at Naval attack mission.
Attachments
kates2.jpg
kates2.jpg (57.42 KiB) Viewed 235 times
User avatar
RGIJN
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: far away from battlefield :-(
Contact:

RE: Is this a bug?

Post by RGIJN »

what´s the amount of damage at RYUJO? If damage (combined) exceeds 50 no A/C will fly...
User avatar
Puhis
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 pm
Location: Finland

RE: Is this a bug?

Post by Puhis »

ORIGINAL: RGIJN

what´s the amount of damage at RYUJO? If damage (combined) exceeds 50 no A/C will fly...

I know that, but the problem was that kates didn't fly when carriers have no damage.

Like I said, it happened with Shokaku, Zuikaku and Ryujo before they got hits. Only vals attacked.
User avatar
RGIJN
Posts: 1057
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: far away from battlefield :-(
Contact:

RE: Is this a bug?

Post by RGIJN »

oups... [&:]
User avatar
tocaff
Posts: 4765
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:30 pm
Location: USA now in Brasil

RE: Is this a bug?

Post by tocaff »

Try setting the Kates for 6K feet altitude.  I've never had a problem with them flying at that height.  The lower you set the altitude for the more intense the flak, the more fatigue & morale suffers from missions with heavier loses.  So maybe you pilots refused to fly because it was to low, it happens.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
User avatar
Puhis
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:14 pm
Location: Finland

RE: Is this a bug?

Post by Puhis »

ORIGINAL: tocaff

Try setting the Kates for 6K feet altitude.  I've never had a problem with them flying at that height.  The lower you set the altitude for the more intense the flak, the more fatigue & morale suffers from missions with heavier loses.  So maybe you pilots refused to fly because it was to low, it happens.

Maybe... I've always used altitude 5k for Kates, and never have any problems before. But in this game kates have failed to fly in two carrier battles. That Ryujo group have 99 morale, so I think that can't be the issue.

I guess I try 6k for now. Only if I have any carriers left in this game... [:(]
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”