PBEM
Moderator: MOD_WestCiv
RE: PBEM
HiHi
Just looked at the Diplo page 'Veiw Relations' and it bears absolutely no relation whatsoever to how I set up my 'Attitudes' to other Nations it looks just like the standard start. [:@]
+ in the 'Events' I notice Russia has rejected an alliance from England, I dont have Diplo advisor 'On', so how come I didn't get to reply? Sorry Lenin I would at the very least have negotiated [:(]
Anyone else having Weird stuff?
All the Best
Peter the Terrible (Russia)
Just looked at the Diplo page 'Veiw Relations' and it bears absolutely no relation whatsoever to how I set up my 'Attitudes' to other Nations it looks just like the standard start. [:@]
+ in the 'Events' I notice Russia has rejected an alliance from England, I dont have Diplo advisor 'On', so how come I didn't get to reply? Sorry Lenin I would at the very least have negotiated [:(]
Anyone else having Weird stuff?
All the Best
Peter the Terrible (Russia)
RE: PBEM
Yeah its unclear to me, even after reading all the PBEM stuff in the manual, whether or not I should click accept alliances on countries or not.
With it off am I unable to even look at treaty offers? With it on will I automatically accept offers without having a say? Help from the couple of old hands at PBEM in the thread are needed.
With it off am I unable to even look at treaty offers? With it on will I automatically accept offers without having a say? Help from the couple of old hands at PBEM in the thread are needed.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
RE: PBEM
You have two ways ... use treaty, it works like in single mode. Or use Policy ... here "your AI" react do direct treaties like Alliances, Protectorats etc. ... all pop-up windows which appear during turn resolution in single mode ... so you must correctly set up your Policy = rules for answering direct treaties
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

RE: PBEM
Thanks, will adjust my policies a little next turn. Hopefully disaster doesnt ensue as I still dont really "get" the policies yet.
As far as Sweden being AWOL is concerned... still no contact? Are we going to look for another player or what? Trying to be patient, but we havent heard a peep for 3 days.
As far as Sweden being AWOL is concerned... still no contact? Are we going to look for another player or what? Trying to be patient, but we havent heard a peep for 3 days.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
-
barbarossa2
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 am
RE: PBEM
Guys, how often is a turn due on your game?
I am considering stepping in for Sweden if he doesn't show up.
I am considering stepping in for Sweden if he doesn't show up.
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
RE: PBEM
We just started and first turn was about three days ... but in fact we were long time waiting for Sweden ...
Barbarossa, we can wait until all players will be done ... if Sweden will not, you can take it, agree ?
Barbarossa, we can wait until all players will be done ... if Sweden will not, you can take it, agree ?
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

RE: PBEM
HiHi
Russias orders sent in.
I'm back at work over the next few nights [:(] so I may be a little out of sync with replys
All the Best
Peter the Terrible ... Boss of all whats Green on the map ... well for the moment anyhow [8|]
Russias orders sent in.
I'm back at work over the next few nights [:(] so I may be a little out of sync with replys
All the Best
Peter the Terrible ... Boss of all whats Green on the map ... well for the moment anyhow [8|]
RE: PBEM
Just to be sure you all understand PBEM policies:
Be agressive: You will take control of any protectorate that this nation declared war on (and that It asked you to take control). And issue an ultimatun (can get you in a war so be carefull).
Trade: If the AI juge it is a good trade, you will accept the trade.
Be friendly (I think, the one in middle): will make you accept alliance and stuff like that.
Now for russia's rejection of the alliance:
-You probably do not have the middle box checked for Britain... And he used a rigth click on russia, ask alliance instead of drafting a treaty so this gets resolved in the movement phase (That I can't seem to see so if anyone can tell me if I can see it). Since it gets resolved in the movement phase your pbem policy decide how to accept of refuse it.
Same thing for trade, if trade is on, your Trade policies will decide if you accept or refuse the trade. (AI decide based on what you checked).
Import if checked means you want to import that produce, AI WILL consider offers with those goods that are to be traded for you.
Export if Checked means you want to get rid of those ressources, AI WILL consider offers with those goods that are to be traded away.
That's clear?
In PBEM you loose control on all Movement phase stuf (ultimatun, taking control of protectorate, trade). It is important to understand PBEM policies
RE: PBEM
So waiting for: France, Britain and Sweden ...
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

RE: PBEM
And now, just one hour after [8D], we are waiting just for Sweden ... so what about Sweden ?
a) we can wait for Swetiger ... knows anybody, what is up with him ?
b) I will play his part until he will answer
c) Barbarossa2 looks ready to play Sweden
a) we can wait for Swetiger ... knows anybody, what is up with him ?
b) I will play his part until he will answer
c) Barbarossa2 looks ready to play Sweden
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

-
barbarossa2
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 am
RE: PBEM
Hello.
Well, I purchased the game last night. The initial download failed due to a hiccup at my Internet provider.
I have been attempting to download from DigitalRiver all day, and it keeps giving me an "internal server error".
Which sucks, because I wanted to spend the day learning about the game and perhaps start your PBEM game tomorrow or the day after. I can deal with one turn every 3 days. How many do you need?

Well, I purchased the game last night. The initial download failed due to a hiccup at my Internet provider.
I have been attempting to download from DigitalRiver all day, and it keeps giving me an "internal server error".
Which sucks, because I wanted to spend the day learning about the game and perhaps start your PBEM game tomorrow or the day after. I can deal with one turn every 3 days. How many do you need?
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
RE: PBEM
ORIGINAL: lenin
Perhaps play one more turn as Sweden and then invite Barbarossa2, as he obviously wants to play?
Agreed.
ORIGINAL: barbarossa2
I can deal with one turn every 3 days. How many do you need?
I think our goal was once a day or every other day. 3 days was how long we didnt hear anything from Sweden. 4 days now.
Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
RE: PBEM
Well I guess it's another friendly turn for sweden. I am all for barbarossa2 to join in. I am newbie as well and learning the game as it progresses so do not worry, barbarossa2.
I wanted to do some diplo with sweden, but I will wait until it's monarch get's together.
I wanted to do some diplo with sweden, but I will wait until it's monarch get's together.
- playing Austria in 1792 Going again COGEE PBEM
RE: PBEM
OK, going to play ...
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

- IronWarrior
- Posts: 796
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:57 pm
- Location: Beaverton, OR
RE: PBEM
Hey guys, just wanted to request to add my name as an alternate- if not this game maybe I can get in on the next one. Can do multiple turns/day.
RE: PBEM
Sounds good to me ... we need Sweden player ASAP ...
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ...
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

-
barbarossa2
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:13 am
RE: PBEM
Okay. The game is installed. 
I will do my best to learn what I can tonight.
I will do my best to learn what I can tonight.
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori*.
-Wilfred Owen
*It is sweet and right to die for your country.


