Star of David at Guadacanal

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
Kingfish
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:02 pm

Star of David at Guadacanal

Post by Kingfish »

Here's one for the grogs...

I'm reading John Miller's 'Guadacanal: the first offensive'. In it there is a picture of several Marines driving a jeep across a makeshift pontoon bridge spanning the Tenaru river. The bridge consists of a wooden framework atop two amphibian tractors. One of those tractors has what appears to be the Star of David painted on the cab.

My question is: What outfit used the Star of David as it's units ID?
dgaad
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Hockeytown

Post by dgaad »

The Jewish Brigade. However that unit fought in Italy. I think it was also known as 149 BDE or some such.
Last time I checked, the forums were messed up. ;)
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”