Ver 4.2 rally Bug? and some observations

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Windo von Paene
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue May 16, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Ver 4.2 rally Bug? and some observations

Post by Windo von Paene »

I have found that in many cases, even after the rally button has become disabled, you can still click it and sometimes get further reductions in suppression. Now this does not occur with the unit commander himself, but rather is several steps up the chain of command, i.e. the first two commanders will still get "rally attempt fails", but the third guy in line can reduce the suppression. Of course this doesn't occur when you use the "R" keyboard shortcut, but only when clicking on the dimmed button.

Also, has anyone else noticed a huge increase in the numbers and amounts of multiple-casualty attacks? Seems I used to see mostly 1 casualty with the occasional 2. Now I see lots of 2s, 3s 4s and I've even seen a 5.
GI Joe
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Post by GI Joe »

I haven't been able to further rally my troops after the rally button goes dim but I have seen multiple casualty hits. You really have to look at each result individually to see why it is happening. Yesterday I had a "6 casualty" first shot by a 4 man German recon patrol who was "in cover" and had not been spotted. A Soviet rifle squad (circa 6/41) waltzed right by and my veterans took them out. I'm sure your higher casualty rate shots all have some kind of story behind them if you look at the situation in each one. I think it adds more realism to the game to have that possibility there...

joe
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”