cannot install game

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
User avatar
afspret
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:05 pm
Location: Hanahan, SC

cannot install game

Post by afspret »

I've been trying to re-install the game on my lap top (XP) but everytime I try the computer locks up when I click on install. When I try to install it on my desk top (Vista) nothing happens and I eventually get a message stating "the requested operation requires elevation".

I have previously run the game on my lap top but took it off when I installed WitP and BTR.
John E. McCallum
User avatar
borner
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:15 pm
Location: Houston TX

RE: cannot install game

Post by borner »

I want to say that someone else had this problem with Vista a while back. I think Matrix had to walk him through it.
xj900uk
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:26 pm

RE: cannot install game

Post by xj900uk »

I've had a similar problem - I can install my old 2.30 version no problem, but when I try the new 2.50 version it just keeps on saying 'installation failed'.  I have also tried downloading a patch to upgrade from 2.30 to 2.50 but that fails each time as well  [&:]
Denniss
Posts: 9331
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Germany, Hannover (region)

RE: cannot install game

Post by Denniss »

You might try the following:
Right click on the installer and run as Administrator (if you are not Admin in XP, might be required for Vista).
As alternative, run the installer in Windows2000 compatibility mode.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
User avatar
afspret
Posts: 857
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:05 pm
Location: Hanahan, SC

RE: cannot install game

Post by afspret »

Well after several trys, I've come to the conculsion my UV disk must be bad because I can load other games on my lap top as well as other non-Vista games on my desktop PC without any problems.

So my question is, if I buy a new game, what version will it be, and will I encounter any problems loading onto my desktop, which uses Vista 64, SP1?

John E. McCallum
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”