In rememberence

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
Don Doom
Posts: 1984
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Lost somewhere in the upper backwoods of Michigan!

In rememberence

Post by Don Doom »

Remember the crew of the USS Cole CG67!!
Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining
User avatar
chief
Posts: 1617
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Haines City FL, USA

Post by chief »

Don Doom: Well said!!!May those shipmates be avenged.......Chief
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
Leibstandarte
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Austin, TX USA
Contact:

Post by Leibstandarte »

I hope that this time the current government leaders will find and destroy whoever is responsible for this. American service members deserve better than to be killed by some cowardly act of terrorism. It's just like the second time I was in Bosnia and bin Laden put a $10,000 bounty on our heads. Enough is enough.

------------------
Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.
Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.
Tom_Davie
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2000 8:00 am
Location: winnipeg, manitoba, canada

Post by Tom_Davie »

Leibstandarte: respectfully, I say that this is not going to end. If the US govenernment gets whoever is reponsible for the attack on the Cole (bin Laden, Islamic Jihad, Iraq, whoever), then there is just going to be another attack somewhere on American interests. Maybe this time they'll go after civilian targets. Who knows?

Does this mean that I think the terrorists (assuming that this is the case) should not be 'gone after'? No; its just that I'm weary of the whole Middle East and the endless cycle of violence. Nothing seems to get solved and political settlements seem to be broken before the ink is dry.

I guess I'm just a cynic who happens to be glad that my country (Canada) shares an undefended border with the US.

Tom
jsaurman
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alexandria, VA

Post by jsaurman »

In 1898 we started a war over something like this, remember the Maine?
So what do you all say, should we declare war against Yemen? That would be a fair fight, wouldn't it?
troopie
Posts: 644
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Post by troopie »

Ten-HUT! Piper! "Flowers of the Forest" if you please.

I feel the President of the United States' tone was far too reasonable. I would have said something "Your f**king dead, terrs! We're going to find you and blow you off the face of the Earth with God's own thunder!"

Avenge the Cole!

troopie

------------------
Pamwe Chete
Pamwe Chete
Grumble
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Omaha, NE, USA

Post by Grumble »

As a guy who's been shot at on two continents, I DO NOT WANT A FAIR FIGHT. If I have to, I want to kill people and break their stuff, without my bro's getting hurt.
BTW, this is not quite the "Maine"-that was the excuse to intervene in Cuba, but US popular opinion was already at fever pitch. There's strong evidence that this WAS a terrorist act.
"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”